Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ELO what is it? How is it calculated? And how do I know what mine is?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » ELO what is it? How is it calculated? And how do I know what mine is? 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 21, 2017 3:42pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

It is worth noting though that HiRez doesn't use Elo, instead using MMR or their internal 'match making rating' for each player.

Then they'd better start fixing their system to give me easier opponents dammit.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 21, 2017 4:12pm | Report
Smite just has to many bad lemons to make a decent lemonade tbh.

The palyer base is pretty much 99% casual "I don't care about my elo, I just want to have fun" players (exaggerating ofc). So the ranked system suffers because of player base mainly, and the fact that the game can be lost by one person pretty much.
In LOL/DOTA etc it is a lot easier to salvage a game with a teammate that is clueless :p

But that beeing said. All you have to do is grind and play lights out every game. And you will end up with the rank you deserve.

A support can easily win the game, talking as a jungle/support main. You just have to either play aggressive supports or spot out your "carry" be it the adc, mid, jungle or solo and support the **** out of that person. Or your entire team if they are all decent. #NeverLucky
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » June 21, 2017 4:54pm | Report

Smite just has to many bad lemons to make a decent lemonade tbh.

The palyer base is pretty much 99% casual "I don't care about my elo, I just want to have fun" players

Why are you coming at me like that man, im just trying to make my ranked queues fun :(

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 21, 2017 11:44pm | Report
I don't really mind people trolling ranked, as long as you know what you are doing.
I'm always open for some weird stuff like Loki adc etc.
And if you end up feeding it's no big deal, it was worth a shot.

But when people leave their lane and sits in mid as adc for 5 min, don't listen to calls and gives the enemy adc freefarm and just feeds. Then I will report you after the game ^_~

All i expect from my teammates is basic gameknowledge or at least the ability to listen to calls..

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 22, 2017 12:24am | Report

I'm always open for some weird stuff like Loki adc etc.

MidLoki4Life, eh Duo?

But when people leave their lane and sits in mid as adc for 5 min, don't listen to calls and gives the enemy adc freefarm and just feeds. Then I will report you after the game ^_~

All i expect from my teammates is basic gameknowledge or at least the ability to listen to calls..

Wait seriously, ranked is like this? I seriously need to at least play qualifiers, lol...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 22, 2017 5:32am | Report
Zilby wrote:

It is worth noting though that HiRez doesn't use Elo, instead using MMR or their internal 'match making rating' for each player.

2 words for pretty much the same thing.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 22, 2017 9:59am | Report
I heard a while back there was a Scylla player who just built attack speed items, then dc.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 22, 2017 4:09pm | Report
[/quote]
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Wait seriously, ranked is like this? I seriously need to at least play qualifiers, lol...

It is so much weird **** in ranked (at least in low level games). Like my casual games are probably on par with diamond league games.

So playing ranked (in gold league atm. got placed in silver 2 with 9 wins and 1 loss) is pretty much like smurfing. But you get ppl who are so ****ing serious thinking they are gods because they are top elo. And then does not realize that they actually are the once losing the game. And you sit there having to support for the trash jungler just flaming everyone and calling the game lost because his mid didn't invade enemy speed after mid wave.

It is all fun and stuff though. lol
But it it fun tbh, you just have to not tilt from games like that.

GameGeekFan wrote:

I heard a while back there was a Scylla player who just built attack speed items, then dc.

There is so many trolls lool
You always have eterni or WE he is called. goes mid every game pretty much, NEVER lets go of the "w" key does not have a map. Does not have chat never uses vgs.

He is the the definition of a stone cold killing machine.

But unless you had your entire team just following him everywhere going balls deep every fight you would be 4v5 the entire game. If you played with him though, went into stupid *** fights etc. you most of the time won. But he was the "Oh my god not that guy" dude in ranked for years. Haven't seen him in a long time though..

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » June 23, 2017 2:42pm | Report
Bronze - Silver: I have no idea whats going on for the most part and most random picks ever

Gold - Plat: OMG I'm the best player ever, gotta be meta otherwise reported

Diamond: I'm gonna be serious, but I'm also playing fun jank stuff cause I can pull it off

Masters/GrandMasters: LOL WATCH THIS

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 23, 2017 3:10pm | Report
Bronze 5 - Hold up my internet suckssss asnkbdasbdnmasd.....

(Player) Left The Game

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }