Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This has to be said.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This has to be said. 60 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 27, 2012 11:54pm | Report
No, would make no sence to say this generally. That's depending on the hero, opponents, equipment, buffs, combat by itself...

DpS is also not the only argument to buy an item.

I try to say that his example isn't meaningful and Fatalis is overall a better item than his example let us expect.

It's better to speak about DpS per Gold to compare items and also include all the none damage elements. My example of a 3 sec fight with his setting was only to give you a picture why I don't like his comparison.

An example is like a statistic - never trust statistics you didn't fake yourself. Most of the time you can choose the circumstances that it says what you like to say.

But I thank him for the formulas. I wish that there would be a good official source that give us all the basis formuals to do some theory crafting.

@Discussion style: I saw an unconstructive way to discuss in a lot of posts here this topic. Hope this become better in the future.... :/

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » November 28, 2012 2:50am | Report
im just guna post this generally on the post topic (because i only read a few posts at the beggining and couldnt be bothered to read all 5 pages XD ) but i have seen a HEL with a Fatalis before and she claims she was using it for movement speed and CD XD LOLZ (LETS just say she did do awful) i have only brought a Fatalis a handful of times, i still consider myself a noob at this game even with atleast 400 games played (dont know the exact number) and 293 of those are wins, and the Fatalis is not my prefered item because their are different items that better than this and provide more stats.

(lets just hope you lot are still going on a bout the Fatalis XD)
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 28, 2012 7:51pm | Report
In general, Fatalis is trash. It is only actually viable in a few strange builds and can normally be replaced with something that suits the god and / or build much better.

That being said, most players who buy Fatalis are not using any strategy or thought, but it is listed under recommended items so they buy it. If it provided some type of reasonable stats then it wouldn't be so easy to dismiss it as a good purchase.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 29, 2012 2:58am | Report
I think you undervalue this item.

It works good together with some heros like Freya or Cupid and also some items like Executioner and Qin's Blades.

Also Physical Damage has a soft Dimishing Return. If you have allready a lot of Physical Damage and enough Physical Protection reduction, attack speed or crit are good ways to go.

Movement speed helps you chasing and to survive but also reduce your out of combat time. Ability Cooldowns Reduction is great on most heros - no matter what people say.

Yes, I don't buy it most of the time and if I buy it, it's usal the 5th or 6th item but it's no trash.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 8:00am | Report
I normally try to avoid fatalis

in my opinion fatalis + deathbringer is weaker then golden bow and jotunn's wrath which do about the same thing

meh thats just what I think
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 29, 2012 8:43am | Report
Hmm, hard to say - depending on circumstances

35% Attack Speed
5% Move Speed
10% Critical Strike Chance
50% Critical Strike Damage
150 Gold
to
PASSIVE: All basic melee hits will also hit enemies with a 10 ft radius of the
target for 50% of the damage. Basic ranged hits are 35%
300 Mana
25 Physical Power

But I'm sure that there are situations I would prefere
35% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
820 Gold (That's close to 840 gold for Deathbringer Tier 1 [+15 Physical Power])
to
300 Mana
40 Physical Power

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 8:53am | Report
euhm I think I'm missing something XD
Jotunn's Wrath

+40 Physical Power
+300 Mana
PASSIVE - Your ability cooldowns are reduced by 20%
Gold: 2960

Golden Bow

+35 Physical Power
+10% Critical Strike Chance
+5% Movement Speed
PASSIVE - All basic melee hits will also hit enemies within a 10 ft radius of the target for 50% of the damage. Basic ranged hits are 35%.
Gold: 2480

Gold :5440

vs

Fatalis

+35% Attack Speed
+10% Movement Speed
PASSIVE - Your ability cooldowns are reduced by 20%.
Gold: 2140

Deathbringer

+50 Physical Power
+20% Critical Strike Chance
+50% Critical Strike Damage
Gold: 3150

Gold 5290

meh It might be situational but still XD
the first one has more lane duration thanks to extra mana and hits harder, the added AS from fatalis wont be enough.

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 29, 2012 8:57am | Report
I showed only the difference ;)

But I'm new in the game and maybe my opinion will change in the next weeks. :)

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 9:03am | Report
so did I, but I got really confused by the way you wrote it 0.o

I still can't make sense of it XD
It's like you left items out and just took half of the stats

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 29, 2012 9:20am | Report
You have e.g.: "PASSIVE - Your ability cooldowns are reduced by 20%" on both sides so I left it out.
You have 75 Physical Power on one side and 50 Physical Power on the other so I subtract and wrote only the remained 25 Physical Power to the comparison.

Tantal

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }