This has to be said.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This has to be said.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 9:31am | Report
oooohhhh now I get it lawl
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<MFTV - Smite>

Prominent (93)
Posts: 886
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tantal » November 29, 2012 9:34am | Report
:)

Tantal

Unremarkable (2)
Posts: 78
Quote | PM | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 4, 2012 12:31am | Report
There is a time and a place for every item in smite. If you think you've done the math, I think that's a very simple minded comment because there are way too many variables in a game like this for you to really make it into an applicable equation.

Attack speed is crucial when you're facing multiple opponents, and while other items with base stats can increase your speed, they don't do it as much as fatalis does and there is nothing that boosts your movement, attack speed and CD as much as this. Those three are crucial if you're facing several opponents because you want to move, attack and spam abilities as fast as you can.

Its very simple minded to focus only on making yourself as buff as possible, when really you could make yourself SLIGHTLY less buff, and launch your buff attacks significantly faster than your slightly buffer opponent. And like I said, against multiple opponents, what are you gonna do? You saunter toward my partner while he's spamming attacks at you, meanwhile I've had the time and speed to get to a safe distance so I can keep spamming you. Let's say you do kill him, by now you're at least at half health, by the time you saunter over to me my abilities have cooled down again and you're dead.

Don't forget, we're only talking about one item here. Its not like I buy fatalis and that's it. Fatalis compliments a good build.

treefiddy350

Unremarkable (3)
Posts: 106
Quote | PM | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 4, 2012 8:03am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

There is a time and a place for every item in smite. If you think you've done the math, I think that's a very simple minded comment because there are way too many variables in a game like this for you to really make it into an applicable equation.

Attack speed is crucial when you're facing multiple opponents, and while other items with base stats can increase your speed, they don't do it as much as fatalis does and there is nothing that boosts your movement, attack speed and CD as much as this. Those three are crucial if you're facing several opponents because you want to move, attack and spam abilities as fast as you can.

Its very simple minded to focus only on making yourself as buff as possible, when really you could make yourself SLIGHTLY less buff, and launch your buff attacks significantly faster than your slightly buffer opponent. And like I said, against multiple opponents, what are you gonna do? You saunter toward my partner while he's spamming attacks at you, meanwhile I've had the time and speed to get to a safe distance so I can keep spamming you. Let's say you do kill him, by now you're at least at half health, by the time you saunter over to me my abilities have cooled down again and you're dead.

Don't forget, we're only talking about one item here. Its not like I buy fatalis and that's it. Fatalis compliments a good build.




okay who are you talking to? 0.o

we've done some math about all the stats, what people do with this is up to them.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<MFTV - Smite>

Prominent (93)
Posts: 886
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by ITankYouGank » December 5, 2012 5:31pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I guess Fatalis does have it's uses.... like when you want more.... uhh..... movement speed? *Chuckles* Yeah, I don't know why someone would want a fatalis when there's an item that does it better.


Comment from a different thread below:

HiFromBuddha wrote:



To be honest, I'd say Fatalis is almost core on him. I always get it on him just because of how much he benefits from each stat.


I find it interesting that you claim to always get Fatalis, citing the fact that a character such as Loki actually benefits significantly from each stat. However, here you side with your friend Asmoday, claiming that Fatalis is bad, and you dont know why someone would want it.

ITankYouGank


Posts: 2
Quote | PM | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 5, 2012 7:18pm | Report
ITankYouGank wrote:



Comment from a different thread below:



I find it interesting that you claim to always get Fatalis, citing the fact that a character such as Loki actually benefits significantly from each stat. However, here you side with your friend Asmoday, claiming that Fatalis is bad, and you dont know why someone would want it.



But that was before Loki. I say Fatalis is core on Loki. But before Loki, it had no uses. It's none of your business trying to find faults in someone's words. People's opinions will vary as the world changes.

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Prominent (96)
Posts: 1734
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » December 6, 2012 11:45pm | Report
Tantal wrote:

No, would make no sence to say this generally. That's depending on the hero, opponents, equipment, buffs, combat by itself...

DpS is also not the only argument to buy an item.

I try to say that his example isn't meaningful and Fatalis is overall a better item than his example let us expect.

It's better to speak about DpS per Gold to compare items and also include all the none damage elements. My example of a 3 sec fight with his setting was only to give you a picture why I don't like his comparison.

An example is like a statistic - never trust statistics you didn't fake yourself. Most of the time you can choose the circumstances that it says what you like to say.

But I thank him for the formulas. I wish that there would be a good official source that give us all the basis formuals to do some theory crafting.

@Discussion style: I saw an unconstructive way to discuss in a lot of posts here this topic. Hope this become better in the future.... :/


Thing is - the comparison is unfair concerning ability usage - but the ability usage from CDR actually won't made a big difference outside EXTREMELY prolonged fights. There's a couple characters that you really can justify buying that CDR so cheaply (Freya, for example), but not many.

So in other words - it's a bit unfair, but not unreasonably so. Fatalis is still a VERY low DPS item, that should really only be bought for the CDR and movespeed it provides.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Unremarkable (3)
Posts: 17
Quote | PM | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 8, 2012 4:50am | Report
okay this is wierd

has asmodays veteren status been removed? 0.o
why wasn't i aware lawl


ps I had no idea where to ask
but since this is kinda the blame asmoday page XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<MFTV - Smite>

Prominent (93)
Posts: 886
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 8, 2012 6:50pm | Report

okay this is wierd

has asmodays veteren status been removed? 0.o
why wasn't i aware lawl


ps I had no idea where to ask
but since this is kinda the blame asmoday page XD


It was removed. First because he quit, and second, the more appropriate reason, is because he was being condescending to new players.

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Prominent (96)
Posts: 1734
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by lolzomgz1337 » December 12, 2012 4:46pm | Report
I'm by no means a pro. However I would say that raw damage and mathematics are not always the way to go.
For instance I always get this item on Bakasura, or at least I did when I still played him a lot: The reason being it's an extremely cheap, extremely effective item imo.

The attack speed and CDr work wonders with his second ability, the more true damage you can output: the better; get those hits in! I also found the movement speed made it far less likely for people to escape me. (Seriously screw FroustBound on Bakasura)
On a lesser scale; the CDr also serves to allow me to throw up on people and eat minions for health more often, hence more sustain (as odd as that statement would have been taken out of context)
I wonder what the results would be if we did a test on the DoT of Bakasura on an extremely defense orientated god? using two build; one that utilizes Fatalis, and one that does not?

lolzomgz1337


Posts: 2

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!