Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This has to be said.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This has to be said. 60 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 9, 2012 9:23am | Report
Fatalis
Stop buying this item people. It has no base stats and because of that it makes this item the single worst item in the game. Sure it has attack speed and move speed, but who cares? There is this thing called diminishing returns in the game and when you buy the correct items that have the speed in both as well, they are worth less than they should be.
Here is the example that I use for everyone.

With Fatalis you will hit me for 10 damage in 10 seconds.
With say Heartseeker You are going to hit me for 15 damage in 12 seconds.

Fatalis does nothing for you but hurt you and waste your gold because of the simple fact that there is no stats on it. You have to pay attention to what your items do as a whole, not as single things. You also want stats, its better to hit for more in just a tiny bit more time, than for no damage quickly. PvP in all games that I have come across is the exact same concept. You want to burst someone down and kill them as fast and simply as possible with the least bit of effort. Using fatalis only makes you hit fast, but for no damage forcing you to actually stay there longer and spam more auto attacks and or skills.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Holyjoe » October 10, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Only been playing a week but I have tested it and cannot agree more, it reminds me of Stinger from LoL...so many people buy it and it is utterly useless.

Holyjoe

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 10, 2012 8:46pm | Report
Holyjoe wrote:

Only been playing a week but I have tested it and cannot agree more, it reminds me of Stinger from LoL...so many people buy it and it is utterly useless.

Oh man the stinger lol. That items....people just refused to use logical thinking on that, I fear Smite's illogical item is Fatalis lol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 11, 2012 12:44am | Report
I guess Fatalis does have it's uses.... like when you want more.... uhh..... movement speed? *Chuckles* Yeah, I don't know why someone would want a fatalis when there's an item that does it better.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 19, 2012 12:49pm | Report
When playing Freya and sometimes Cupid, Fatalis can be an amazing item for several reasons. A lot of folks forget the CD reduction once completed which can be huge with gods like Cupid for engaging/disengaging. Or for Freya with her 2 which has only a time duration and getting in an extra 1-2 attacks per use (Based on current item level and other items in your build) makes a significant difference.

Its also very important for counter-builds against players/gods that don't have stuns, escapes. Allowing your time-on-target to be much higher, thus resuling in more dps over a smaller amount of time. Should it be used every time? NO However it does have a place and can be very useful when bought at the proper time and used with the proper God.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 1:56pm | Report
DJMantiss wrote:

When playing Freya and sometimes Cupid, Fatalis can be an amazing item for several reasons. A lot of folks forget the CD reduction once completed which can be huge with gods like Cupid for engaging/disengaging. Or for Freya with her 2 which has only a time duration and getting in an extra 1-2 attacks per use (Based on current item level and other items in your build) makes a significant difference.

Its also very important for counter-builds against players/gods that don't have stuns, escapes. Allowing your time-on-target to be much higher, thus resuling in more dps over a smaller amount of time. Should it be used every time? NO However it does have a place and can be very useful when bought at the proper time and used with the proper God.

Or you can just buy items that also have CD reduction as well as stats and be even better.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 19, 2012 2:10pm | Report
Not a good or valid argument, so I'll assist with the naivety shown. SMITE has a general flow and many things are based around how you compare to your adversaries during that engagement. MoBas are not MMORPGS and so min/max does not apply the same way it would with those.

Instead what you want is a balance of the correct counter stats to you opponents to get the most from your chosen god/role. That being said the initial cost and boost given from Fatalis greatly outweighs the lack-luster comment of "buying items with CDR and stats."

The obviousness of the smart remark is clear, you look at an item for its face value. Not how and why that item will affect the overall stats and mechanics of the God(s) in play. Especially when those goals can be achieved faster and with one item.

TLDR; If I can utilize a Fatalis while you're still working on a different item and I kill you 2-3 times during the laning phase. Then my God will snowball while you continue to falter. This is why you fail.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 2:15pm | Report
I dont look at its face value, that is what you are doing actually.
You see I cant be any more clear about it. If you want to build the item build it, but you are only hurting yourself because you are not building stats.
Yes actually there is a min/max factor in this game, go ask anyone that is high elo, go ask anyone that streams Smite from a pro team.

Pshyio, Lassiz, Wolfy, Mattypocket, Fixysin. I can give more if you like, all will tell you exactly what Im telling you. Freya isnt a melee god that needs attack speed. Fatalis doesnt up your damage at all you just do more tiny damage, but if you built the correct items youll do more damage over all.

This community is going to be stuck on fatalis being good on gods and thats fine, I give up. Use bad items and dont use the correct things. That is your choice and that is your game you are playing.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 19, 2012 2:25pm | Report
Wolfy is awesome and very friendly but you should watch him more often before you make that case. I've played against Wolfy on more than one occassion, some wins and some losses. I don't pay attention to Fixy enough, nice guy but different hours of play. I've followed Lassiz since his 1st day streaming, very comical, hilarious and a great mid. Not someone I would go to for information about an item like Fatalis though as many of the gods he plays well shouldnt be using it. (PS - Also played with and against Lassiz. I despise midding against him if we mirror each other.)

The name dropping is a fallback and not a good one. It shows a lack of understanding and inability to stand on your own accomplishments. I would work on the maturity and ability to prove your points rather then simple retorts. I used exact examples and those weren't mentioned, because... lets face it, you don't have any.

I would say good luck to these forums without a proper moderator to cut off/down irrational and combative types like yourself. May want to check my "elo" (which everyone knows is kind of a joke since the reset and dependancy on solo que.) or simply play a few games with me so I can show you when and why it works.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 2:31pm | Report
It doesnt work and I have given all the examples but you keep thinking its good thats perfectly fine. Im not name dropping to fall back on anything, these people know the game better than anyone else, I have tested it myself, I have done and seen the math involved with the item compared to other items. Its not worth the gold, but you keep thinking its a good item and you keep building it, once you get against a good player youll see how useless it is because in solo queue you dont even need items to do well.

You really want to 1v1 and you build your fatalis and see how well it didnt work at saving your lane? Be my guest we can do a very simple first to down the tower, a normal game for this just takes to long 1v1 sadly. You keep trying to sound superior and be that elo guy, Ill just keep laughing at people that build bad items.

You think these forums are bad, sad, worthless. The site is bad or negative then why are here may I ask?

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }