Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sun wukong too OP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sun wukong too OP? 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 6, 2013 5:41am | Report
Zero you have just had bad luck. I went 18/9/1? with him last night, good note to go to bed on. ^-^
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 6, 2013 5:56am | Report
Nearly every game I play vs (or with) a Wuky on solo lane, I see him get a positive K/D, regardless if his team wins or loses.

He can take too much damage while putting out a fair amount too. His birdie is too fast or lives for too long. Barely any god can close the gap. Combine a Jotumn Wrath with Wuky and you can fly every 6 seconds.

I don't think he is ridicilously overpowered, since he doesn't wreck face. But his survivability doesn't match up well with the damage he does. It's not a pretty utility-sustain-damage triangle so to speak.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 6, 2013 6:25am | Report
Sun Wukong is more broken than any god released since at least Tyr, and there have been some doozys since then. Don't confuse people doing poorly with him in his first week as an indicator of anything. Remember week 1 Merc? I saw three different people have 20 more deaths than kills. The buffs helped, but people learning the character is what really made him overpowered. Wukong play will improve, and he's already very strong, both in games that I've seen, and in overall win rate (which is apparently why he's being nerfed.)

His passive is probably the easiest example of power creep there is. Here are two similarly themed passives of solo laners;

A: 5% lifesteal. 20% lifesteal when under 25% health.

B: When under 50% health, +20 protections, +10% critical chance. PLUS an additional 1 of each for every level.

Passives aren't everything of course... oh wait, B also has two forms of CC, a safe wave clear/poke, a CC immune ult that's ridiculous for escaping and good for chasing/ganking, and probably the second best dash in the game behind Agni. At least Kali has a better poke...

I just don't get what HiRez was thinking with his passive. They should know from Zhong that the quickest path to overpowered is early game protections, and they gave Wukong protections 'and' free crit chance. 50% health isn't even near death most of the time. You get him low, then he kills you. He can potentially 1 V 2 early game.

What he needs in addition to his nerf is his passive to kick in around 20% health, or just be completely rethought. His transformation ability needs some kind of channel time, and his ult shouldn't go over walls. His escape is just too good for someone who isn't squishy. Loki can teleport and go invisible, but he dies in a couple hits if he messes up. Wukong gets stronger and is impossible to catch.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » November 6, 2013 6:33am | Report
He is up if anything

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 6, 2013 6:38am | Report

He is up if anything

What are your arguements to support that thought? I'm pretty curious.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 6, 2013 6:51am | Report
I'm curious too...
I find his immense disruption (Knock Up, plus a stun or knock away) on a short CD amazing, he has decent base damage, his speed in cat makes you unable to escape, while his eagle (falcon? Idk, bird) makes him able to escape nearly anything. His ultimate is also a shorter, better version of thor's ult, in that it provides a decoy that still does damage, PLUS healing while you're on the cloud, and you can move while channeling it, instead of being a punching bag. Plus his passive is actually very useful.

I fail to see his underpoweredness.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 6, 2013 6:58am | Report
Wuk underpowered? Wut?
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » November 6, 2013 10:39pm | Report
I've had Wukongs running all the way down a lane from one base to the other chased by 3-4 people and they still live no problem with bird --> ult --> bird again. It's silly.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }