Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sun wukong too OP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sun wukong too OP? 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ProRules » November 5, 2013 5:46am | Report
Hey guys, don't you think sun wukong is too op?
especialy the passive, and the ult with ability to heal + deal big amount of damage, and his clone is even dealing same damage as him, he can easily solo a lane vs 2 good players just beacause of his passive and ult. what do you guys think?

ProRules

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 5, 2013 6:16am | Report
NO.On the contrary : He needs certain buffs .

His 1 is ok , I'd like more damage on that but it's fine this way too .

His 2 does too little damage but considering it has a nice radius + knock back it's fine in the end .

His 3 -> Eagle .Needs a buff : It should NOT be interrupted by damage (the damage still counts but does not interrupt his escape/follow) .
His 3 -> Tiger . Should go through minions and stop at the 1st god like Mercury's 3 does .It's so annoying to go after a god and then a minion pops up ruining all your fun and a potential kill .
His 3 -> Ox : CC immunity would be awesome , but perhaps that would be too much .

His ultimate is fine this way .I'd love it even more if it would be a cc breaker like aphro's ulti is.

Wrong section by the way .:)

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 5, 2013 7:00am | Report
In my opinion Sun Wukong is totally fine. A high tier god. Good solo laner, good jungler too. No buffs or nerfs needed. Pretty balanced compared to the ''release'' gods, like Fenrir, Hercules, Tyr...

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 5, 2013 7:09am | Report
Romanians wrote:

NO.On the contrary : He needs certain buffs .

His 1 is ok , I'd like more damage on that but it's fine this way too .

His 2 does too little damage but considering it has a nice radius + knock back it's fine in the end .

His 3 -> Eagle .Needs a buff : It should NOT be interrupted by damage (the damage still counts but does not interrupt his escape/follow) .
His 3 -> Tiger . Should go through minions and stop at the 1st god like Mercury's 3 does .It's so annoying to go after a god and then a minion pops up ruining all your fun and a potential kill .
His 3 -> Ox : CC immunity would be awesome , but perhaps that would be too much .

His ultimate is fine this way .I'd love it even more if it would be a cc breaker like aphro's ulti is.

Wrong section by the way .:)

His 1 is one of the most damaging abilities in the game (when you look at manacost), if they should change it give it less base damage and 75%-100% of physical power. IMO it's okey, it does its job, which is early lane clear.

His 2 is for cc not damage, so as you said don't change it.

His 3
Eagle needs a buff, are you on drugs?!?!?! It's the most OP ability in the game, if it was as you said (interrupted by damage) it would be good. IMO just nerf the movement speed.
Tiger, I see what you mean. Though I think its good that it can hit minions, but maybe make it be activated by basic attacking like Fenrirs ult?
Ox cc immunity would be a bit to much, think it is good as is (not really used much except for teamfights)

His 4 is as you said fine as it is.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 5, 2013 8:13am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

In my opinion Sun Wukong is totally fine. A high tier god. Good solo laner, good jungler too. No buffs or nerfs needed. Pretty balanced compared to the ''release'' gods, like Fenrir, Hercules, Tyr...

and hirez is gonna nerf monkey this patch... idiots.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 5, 2013 8:21am | Report
All4Games wrote:

and hirez is gonna nerf monkey this patch... idiots.

I'm sitting here waiting for a nerf on Agni's ult/dash since forever. But hey, I guess he is balanced and Sun Wukong isn't.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 6, 2013 2:56am | Report
What the shat?

Sun Wukong does not need a buff!!!
He is balanced and his eagle is the "bird of nope" hell no he needs no buffs.
That eagle flys far as hell and is pretty fast.
Almost guaranteed escape probably one of the best in the game if not the best

his 1 does good damage? Since when does it do bad damage?
Its also pretty long ranged damage as well for a bruiser

His 2 is mainly used for knocking people around sort of like sobeks annoyance

His 3 is fine and is super strong. His 3 lets you be so versatile.
His tiger is fine and his tiger is SUPER STRONG.

Have you ever did a sunwukong tiger combo on someone because it does ALOT of damge.
Tiger them, 1 them, 2 them, beat them up and they are going to be running from you.. oh thats okay you still have the bird of nope and your ult for that.

His ox is just to plow through things, his bird of nope is powerful, his tiger is powerful.

His ult is powerful too.

He is balanced and if anything the bird of nope is pushing him to too strong so if you think that needs a buff, you must not use the bird of nope alot because I never got killed while using the bird of nope.

The reason why you see Sun Wukongs going 12-0 is because the BIRD OF NOPE.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 6, 2013 3:47am | Report
I do agree with ICEN to some extend he can survive battle's with his ult and can escape with his bird. When people say his 1 needs a bit more damage they mean that they at least want the archer minions flattend by what is the heaviest weapon in myth. Because A people's OCD and B healers counter him so hard in the solo lane.

His bird needs a bit less speed and but go as a bit further.
Then he stays the same but wil still be able to catch up to monkey
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » November 6, 2013 5:15am | Report
I have yet to see a good Sun Wukong. The only main thing he has going for him is some nice survivability. But again. I have yet to see someone play him well.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 6, 2013 5:37am | Report
I have seen a few Sun Wukongs go super positive with hardly any deaths.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }