Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch Note Spoils - 9/24/14

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch Note Spoils - 9/24/14 48 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » September 27, 2014 7:31am | Report
Seems like a great patch. Glad to hear they are listening to the community about matchmaking and other stuff like that.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » September 28, 2014 12:25pm | Report
I ccan find any images, and the pts isn't working for me.so can someone post a picture of the new hel recolor?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 28, 2014 12:36pm | Report
I thought odin was gonna suck ****, ya ya I told ya ya ya

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » September 28, 2014 12:47pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I ccan find any images, and the pts isn't working for me.so can someone post a picture of the new hel recolor?

Here you go

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » September 28, 2014 12:57pm | Report
Thank you

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 29, 2014 12:18am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I don't like being considered a troll for a valid reason. The new item is, in my opinion, worse than Qin's Sais, so yes, I find it underpowered. And I can call you just as much a 'troll' for calling Arachne underpowered.

OB isn't complete trash. It's not just underpowered, it's really bad, but it's not trash, and can find use.

Always fun to experience the "Your opinion isn't mine, so it's wrong" though. I prefer healthy discussion though instead of arguing, and that's always been my mantra/credo. Just wish there were a more accepting/benevolent aura about these discussions.

A lot of items are worse than Sais, and I'm not disagreeing with the majority here. I still say Arachne is weak, but I acknowledge that she does have good things - you're calling 30% attack speed, 30 power and 30 power reduction for less than Asi a weak item. It's higher attack speed and equal power to the Executioner with a comparable passive but with a far cheaper cost - and even if you think that the Executioner is only an average item, the new item is on par with that, at least.

OB gives far worse stats than that new item but costs nearly double the gold - and instead of power reduction, you get possibly the worst passive in the game, with a weak effect - statistically, 7.5 + 12.5% of your physical power per autoattack. It sucks for waveclear, it sucks for AoE damage, it sucks for DPS, it has literally zero use, and no god can make use of it, and I have not once seen anyone in Smite use that item and do well with it. The only possible use is the raw attack speed you get - and even then, items like Hastened Fatalis or The Executioner give better results. The best candidate is Bakasura, but it doesn't apply on-hit effects, can't crit, and aside from his ultimate it contradicts the purpose of a single-target autoattacker, and even with his ultimate, it doesn't even do anything.

If the item sucks *** on the best possible god to use it, it's trash. It's not underpowered, it's not "really bad," it's trash. For the love of god, Sivir's Ricochet is possibly the worst ADC steroid in the game and its more reliable and deals more damage than OB.

I'm not calling you a troll because you're disagreeing with me, I'm calling you a troll for stating something that is pretty much the complete opposite of the expected opinion. It's like how most people argue about how a sunset is orange or scarlet or crimson - and you're calling it moss green.

Besides, this is hardly the first time you've given completely alien advice. You once said that ADCs can counterbuild Loki, with Hide of the Nemean Lion. You once said to level Sic 'Em first on Scylla.

I have a feeling that you either play a **** ton of League and zero Smite, and have confused the basic principles of both games, or are a troll. There is no Guardian Angel or Warmog's or whatever to get on ADCs. There's no point in leveling a harass skill over a waveclear skill in a game where everyone pushes blindly as hard as possible, where waveclear is king, where every mage clears easy as soon as they hit level 5. There's no point in pretending that Smite is anything even remotely close to League in any respect, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » September 29, 2014 1:34am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I had my suspicions for a while, but I think you've been trolling us for a long time.

You think an item that gives 30% attack speed, 30 physical power, and 30 physical power reduction for 1650 gold is bad? And you told me, and others, that Odysseus's Bow wasn't complete trash? That it might be useful? Are you kidding me?

You either misunderstood the item(s), are insane, or trolling. One of the three.

I can see a future where this is a great Item for early game jungling. I honestly think its really good.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 29, 2014 1:57am | Report
I'm literally done arguing with you. I've explained myself on several occasions and am met with only hostility. I don't dislike, I despise people who degrade others because opinions differ, especially when the other side has been nothing but benevolent.

Also, you refused to read my entire Scylla guide before trying it, and inevitably failing. Don't come to me with your failures. I also said Nemean lion among MANY other items to counter Loki, but NOT as my primary point. I stated it as a secondary to simple positioning, which you never take into account in Smite. You always think hard numbers matter and never actual skill or positioning.

I'm removing myself from this conversation. You can reply to it and I won't care, I'm legitimately leaving this toxic environment.

I don't know why you've seemed to seek out arguments with me recently, but I find it hurtful, and I don't feel like participating in these discussions that I've enjoyed so much anymore.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 29, 2014 5:29am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

If the item sucks *** on the best possible god to use it, it's trash. It's not underpowered, it's not "really bad," it's trash. For the love of god, Sivir's Ricochet is possibly the worst ADC steroid in the game and its more reliable and deals more damage than OB.

HEYYYYYYY...... Sivir's richochet gives you 80% attack speed and a 70% damage bounce :( it's one of the best for split pushing

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 29, 2014 5:54am | Report
You know OB is bad. BUT one way to fix it is give it 50% attack speed rather than 40%. That way, you'll have more power creep options. Instead of Asi, BF. Instead of Executioner, Jotun or Bane etc.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }