Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

more pride flags?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » more pride flags? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 3, 2014 7:13pm | Report
Again XD, I am not hating or anything, I am just making points.

If you say one thing, then you have to be consistent and also agree with the other thing.

Anyone who knows me knows, I have never said anything to a gay person before online or offline to hate on them nor have I ever told them not to do something.

Someone brought up some **** about bestiality when I never brought it up, so I figured I had to get my points across just as points.

I know gay people online and in real life, all I am doing is basically saying one thing.

I can see why you would permit it, but why would you P R O M O T E it ?
I think it should be permitted but not promoted.

Oh and in case some people are confused, when I was writing why something shouldn't be legalized I was just making points, that if you want to legalize one thing then you can't be bias and not legalize another.

You have to stay consistent with how things become legal and why.

PS : Alot of gay people agreed with me... in real life... didn't expect that... but then again when I say "Should we be able to have sex with our mothers/marry them?" most people cringe at the though... everyone knows the answer is no.... but in order for you to be consistent you have to lie and say yes.

I am not making a point against permiting a certain marriage, I am saying if you are to permit a certain mairrage because of consent then you would also have to agree to marrying your own mother to be a legal act and fine to do.

The difference comes down to, should the government promote it if they permit it? I think the answer is no, they can permit it, but they shouldn't promote it or encourage it.

I am ****ing ICEN!!!! Do any of you really think I care if you make out with your own parents? Of course not, all I am saying is, you go do that, if you want to I ain't stopping you, but don't go promoting that ****!!!!

I would like to think we can all agree nobody wants marrying their own mother legal....
Hopefully...

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Homestuck » October 4, 2014 5:56am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Eh, gay,bi,trans and lesbian all have the same flag. While many paceople say that that is a gay flag, it's actually an LGBT flag

no, actually, bi and trans people have their own flags.

this is the bisexual flag.

this is the trans flag. (some of the other versions of this flag have the trans symbol on it, though)

people call the gay flag the "LGBT flag" because its the better known flag than the others. almost every identity has its own flag and symbol, please don't associate them all with the gay flag.

Homestuck

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nurisea » October 4, 2014 11:13am | Report
Representation is important.

There's my opinion on it. Ignoring promoting, ignoring permitting. Representation is important and the flag represents people that don't always get that basic right allowed to them. If you dislike the idea so much, then your problem is bigger than a flag allowed on a video game.

nurisea

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 4, 2014 6:34pm | Report
First of all, that was extremely well put ICEN.

Secondly, I think that there don't need to be more flags at all, let alone ones that are for things like Gay Pride. I can understand the country flags to a point, though I also think that country representation can be just as controversial or present as large a target as Gay Pride, Smite is technically considered a sport and people like to represent their countries in sports. I have never in my life however seen an official Gay Community soccer (or futbol, for my non-American readers) team. Deviating from the country motif for the flags however has changed the game entirely (I mean that as to how the flags work, not Smite itself). If they can put in Gay Pride flags, then they are obligated to also include flags for other hot topics or ideals such as religious flags or other organizations, which of course they will not do because frankly the only reason they included Gay Pride to begin with was because being gay and supporting gays in their "struggle" is "in" now, and likely because a bunch of people whined that it wasn't in despite the flags being exclusively country based.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 4, 2014 10:24pm | Report
They are apparently donating money to LGBT communities and stuff with the money made from the Gay Pride flag, so I don't see the problem, in fact I'll probably buy it even if I have no intent on using it. It's for a good cause.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 5, 2014 12:23am | Report
Firraria wrote:

They are apparently donating money to LGBT communities and stuff with the money made from the Gay Pride flag, so I don't see the problem, in fact I'll probably buy it even if I have no intent on using it. It's for a good cause.
How would the money help anyways?

Like pretend Hi-Rez donated 1 million dollars, even with the money I don't understand how it would change much if not at all.

Because Hi-Rez can give money but they can't change laws, basically I am saying, how would having more money change laws? Laws don't change based on you having more money....

IDK I still think its just for traffic...

I guess it would make sense if I understood HOW money would change anything but I can't think off any way that money would some how make the law change.

That would be like giving money to a slave... its still not going to change the law about you being a slave... only people can change that, I don't think money has much to do with it.

I mean money can bribe people but money itself cannot actually change anything.

Basically unless there is some plan with money I don't see how even gaining a million dollars would change anything.

I see it like Hi-Rez donates 1 million dollars to me right now, its not going to help me make weed legalize any faster... people have to make that choice to legalize it. The only thing money can do is just .. well... give you more money to make a video or something.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }