Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

more pride flags?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » more pride flags? 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Homestuck » October 3, 2014 11:46am | Report
with the addition of the gay pride flag icon in the sylvanus patch, i think there should be more pride flag icons added to the game, since you know, there are more sexualities than gay and straight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it wouldnt be that hard to make either, you can just re-color the gay pride icon to be the colors of the bisexual flag, asexual flag, pansexual flag, etc. etc. and even if they aren't popular, they should still stay in the game for the sake of representation and as a sign that the game is friendly to LGBT+ people?

Homestuck

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 3, 2014 12:14pm | Report
All I know is I don't know what any of it has to do with Smite...

Strait, gay, bi, whatever, I don't see why any of it should have anything to do with smite.

I like to make out with Zebra's....

Does that have anything to do with Smite? No really....

Pretend smite allowed you to put in your profile what sexuality you are.

Lets pretend you can set your profile to : Strait/Gay/Bi/Lesbian/Trans/Ect.

Does any of that **** belong in Smite? Again, not really....

I still have not herd a good reason what any of this would or has to do with Smite, and I still haven't herd a good reason why it should be in the game... notie GAME which by the way is a game about playing Gods, not a game like SIMS where you create characters as if its real life... make them starve, have kids, hump each other, kill them, ect...

I'm not butthurt if its in the game, I just seriously don't get why the hell its in it.

Have any of you watched the patch notes with Bart/kelly when they were saying the new flag icons? Even ****ing bart had to quickly say "Gay Pride" in a low quite quick voice to try to make it fit with saying all of the other flags...

What stands out.... Mexico, USA, UK, Japan, Russia, Gay Pride, Canada, ect....

Well obviously one is not a country...

I mean even bart had that look like "Why the F is this in the game, oh well I have to go with it since I get paid by Hi-Rez"

That would be like me saying, USA, UK, Japan, China, Gun Rights, Canada....

like last time I checked gun rights were not a country and I like owning guns and people in other countries get oppressed from those rights...

Do you see them adding any of that **** in to the game?

No....

Anything to make a quick buck, its like the moms and dads who try to dress like hip youngsters or those old ladies who try to dress like they are 16 years old and ****s...
No.... Just no....

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Homestuck » October 3, 2014 1:24pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

All I know is I don't know what any of it has to do with Smite...

Strait, gay, bi, whatever, I don't see why any of it should have anything to do with smite.

I like to make out with Zebra's....

Does that have anything to do with Smite? No really....

Pretend smite allowed you to put in your profile what sexuality you are.

Lets pretend you can set your profile to : Strait/Gay/Bi/Lesbian/Trans/Ect.

Does any of that **** belong in Smite? Again, not really....

I still have not herd a good reason what any of this would or has to do with Smite, and I still haven't herd a good reason why it should be in the game... notie GAME which by the way is a game about playing Gods, not a game like SIMS where you create characters as if its real life... make them starve, have kids, hump each other, kill them, ect...

I'm not butthurt if its in the game, I just seriously don't get why the hell its in it.

Have any of you watched the patch notes with Bart/kelly when they were saying the new flag icons? Even ****ing bart had to quickly say "Gay Pride" in a low quite quick voice to try to make it fit with saying all of the other flags...

What stands out.... Mexico, USA, UK, Japan, Russia, Gay Pride, Canada, ect....

Well obviously one is not a country...

I mean even bart had that look like "Why the F is this in the game, oh well I have to go with it since I get paid by Hi-Rez"

That would be like me saying, USA, UK, Japan, China, Gun Rights, Canada....

like last time I checked gun rights were not a country and I like owning guns and people in other countries get oppressed from those rights...

Do you see them adding any of that **** in to the game?

No....

Anything to make a quick buck, its like the moms and dads who try to dress like hip youngsters or those old ladies who try to dress like they are 16 years old and ****s...
No.... Just no....

like i said, its for representation. the reason "gay" is spoken in a quick, quiet voice is because "gay" or anything other than "straight" is apparently too embarrassing or blasphemous to say out loud, not because it doesnt have anything to do with smite. even if it doesnt have anything to do with smite, there isnt any harm nor excessive effort in putting them in the game. also dont compare sexuality representation to bestiality??? thats a really bad argument there tbh since bestiality isnt even relative to sexuality nor is there a "bestiality pride" flag in existence...

Homestuck

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » October 3, 2014 1:32pm | Report
I have to agree that it just seems out of place in the game. The pantheons are based out of different nations and cultures. The introduction of the countries and their flags seems to mesh well with that.

The pride flag just sorta popped out of nowhere with the rest of these coutries. Just really out of place.

Is it a big deal in the grand scheme, not really. But in a medium that already is prone to raging and such, I am concerned that the flag will only add another thing for ragers to call names on.

Am I glad that we are opening up to accept other cultures? Of course, but it seems to be a stark contrast in an environment that is prone to rage and name calling.

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Homestuck » October 3, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Lawful Good wrote:

I have to agree that it just seems out of place in the game. The pantheons are based out of different nations and cultures. The introduction of the countries and their flags seems to mesh well with that.

The pride flag just sorta popped out of nowhere with the rest of these coutries. Just really out of place.

Is it a big deal in the grand scheme, not really. But in a medium that already is prone to raging and such, I am concerned that the flag will only add another thing for ragers to call names on.

Am I glad that we are opening up to accept other cultures? Of course, but it seems to be a stark contrast in an environment that is prone to rage and name calling.

even if it is out of place, its only an icon. nobody is shoving it down your throat or forcing you to stare upon the dreaded Gays, and while it makes sense it could be used as another excuse to yell at someone, thats just the thing that needs to stop. homophobic behavior shouldnt be ignored nor should something like gay pride not be in a game simply because homophobes might lash out at people that have the icon, so while it can cause bad people to say bad things, the gay flag doesnt exist for the purpose of making people angry so the blame should be put on homophobic ****heads, not the gay community itself.

you can also argue that there are other icons that are out of place in the game. what does a pink donut have anything to do with smite? or an icon of a present?

anyway, the gay pride flag might have some relevance to the game if they add a certain rainbow goddess to the game (wink wink nudge nudge, hi-rez)

Homestuck

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 3, 2014 2:50pm | Report
It may sound as an absurd theory, but this is all just smart, indirect advertising to me. Let me explain, as discussions over this icon may occur on non-smite related forums or even in real life conversations between gamers.

Ragers, people hating on gays might complain about Smite adding this, seemingly supporting gays in one way or another -> more people may find out about Smite -> more players -> more money.

People pro gay tolerance and gays themselves, or whatever they're called, might praise HR for supporting gays, again -> more people may find out about Smite -> more players -> more money.

I don't ****ing care about it, nobody is forcing me to buy or use it, it's there but it doesn't bother me in any way. And this comes from a homophobic guy!
Sure, they could've added a flag for a real country, not some "community".

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 3, 2014 3:26pm | Report
Not a big deal, nobody has to use it. It seems misplaced, but if people like it then that's their business. I won't be purchasing it, I don't need to draw the attention of trolls and homphobes to my sexuality.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 3, 2014 4:19pm | Report
Homestuck wrote:

like i said, its for representation. the reason "gay" is spoken in a quick, quiet voice is because "gay" or anything other than "straight" is apparently too embarrassing or blasphemous to say out loud, not because it doesnt have anything to do with smite. even if it doesnt have anything to do with smite, there isnt any harm nor excessive effort in putting them in the game. also dont compare sexuality representation to bestiality??? thats a really bad argument there tbh since bestiality isnt even relative to sexuality nor is there a "bestiality pride" flag in existence...

He's not comparing bestiality to homosexuality. He's comparing the pride aspect of both scenarios, and he does make a point. It's pretty misplaced in Smite.

Granted, I don't care whether it's in game or not as it doesn't bother me, but it is a bit random to have in-game.

And as for your response to Lawful Good, yes, these issues definitely need to continually be addressed, but that's not going to happen in Smite. It's not like Smite has a huge say when it comes to the issue. People play this game to beat the **** out of each other; not to get involved in world issues. The icon does show that they do show support for gay rights, which is nice, but in the large scheme of things as far as this game goes, it means about as much as any other icon in this game, which isn't much. Again, I don't mind the icon, but I feel some people, including you, are treating it like it's something bigger than it actually is.

Now, should Smite add more icons to large causes like this? I really don't care. I read the news for world issues, I don't come to Smite for that. If they do add other icons that represent things like this, I really don't care. I'd say go for it. I mean, they could add a Tibetan flag, and that'd be cool due to the issues going on with that or an anti-bully icon or millions of other issues going on in this world, but again, it's not going to mean much in this game.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 3, 2014 5:12pm | Report
Eh, gay,bi,trans and lesbian all have the same flag. While many paceople say that that is a gay flag, it's actually an LGBT flag

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 3, 2014 7:08pm | Report
There is a difference between permitting it and promoting it, I am fine with them permitting it, I am not fine with them promoting it.

I will never make another post like this, this is a one time thing, therefor I will never have to repeat it again, read everything, top to bottom, I have answered almost anything you can think of. FYI just remember that I have gay friends, this is a discussion and points I brought up not some random hate speech. I think that most people should actually see the points regardless what type of sexuality you are.

... Sometimes I wonder why people are failures.....

Firstly I did not even compare being gay to bestiality but there reason why that point is kind of dumb is because if I really wanted to you really honestly couldn't say its "Wrong".

Also you can just keep saying "Oh its just an icon"... yea, I guess everything in real life is just a image, does that mean smite should add add a icon with boobs or icon with buttcheecks?
After all its just a icon? Yet you understand just because something is a icon doesn't mean it should just be thrown into the game. Also if you want to make points be consistent with what you say. For example, if I said gay pride or any other thing like that should not be in the game, I would say because it revolves around a bigger issues which nobody can deny automatically makes you think of sex, not just oh is support... if I showed you a a picture of a nazi flag with a X mark on it, I might tell you, oh its okay because they are saying its bad which is why they have a X on it, yet you would tell me its completely irrelevant to the game and makes you think of more than just what the flag stands for.

How does this make sense? Again, I think people misunderstand what I said, let me repeat it, I do NOT CARE in the slightest if people buy it, or if its in the game, I am simply making a point of why its random and shouldn't be in the game, anyone with a brain knows that its just simply points but anyone who cannot defeat my argument has to resort to probably calling you a homophobe or hate gay people, thats how you know when you won a argument when your argument can't be defeated.

Now like I said, I DID NOT bring up bestiality but if your really wanted me to I will, because they are legit points, many which people will claim is irrelevant because they cannot accept the points.

What is our design purpose, meaning what are we born as physically first of all, not mentally just physically speaking. There is no such thing really as gay, Bi or heterosexual, in reality you are either MALE OR FEMALE. I can say something like I am strait but ultimately my body design shows what I am created for regardless of how or why you think you were created.

Let me ask you, what does your physical design say about what you were made for? For example if you are gay but born with male parts or lesbian but born a women, without the use of using desires, lets just talk about physical evidence. Well, its plain and obvious that you did not get to choose if you were a boy or girl, you cannot change your skin color or what body parts you were born with. Everyone including gay people any any other type of people, realize that what is normal, normal in the sense of not accepted by society but actually fact as reasons why humans exist/what their body is ment for, in terms of that type of "Normal".

For example : A shark lives in the ocean because its MENT to do so. Someone may say, but what if that shark doesn't like to be forced to live in the ocean, it doesn't matter, its created to be there and everyone understands, regardless of what the shark wishes or wants, we pretty much know why a shark is born with fins/gills/the type of body it has.

If you are born with male parts its common sense, it matches and goes with female parts to reproduce for the benefit for the human race. We know that strait is the "Normal", gay and strait both can't be the normal in the legit way normal is suppose to mean. If both was true that would mean nobody on Earth could be strait and it would be perfectly normal for that to be so. Gay people understand what is normal in the sense, man goes with female both physically and logically, if you like puzzles it should not be hard to try to match what goes where, how much more evidence do you really need. Our new sense of normal is more of what society accepts, or allows, promotes or permits but doesn't mean any of it is actually normal for what humans are created for or our purpose which can be proven quite easy.

So in the since of normal, strait is always normal, it is our purpose and we are made to be for that purpose regardless if you want to be gay or not, you still have to look down at what you were created with at the end of the day and desires do not change if you are MALE or FEMALE.

Is not a mutation because how would it get passed? Homosexuality should have died in theory a long time ago, where your parents gay? Of course not, after all how could you have been made at all if your parents did not create you? Unless you were born in a lab as a clone or something... So this idea that being gay is some how genes past on is kind of bogus... even gay people should realize its not random genes passed down through their family that made them gay or born that way. Being gay does not survive in terms of being created, you cannot be created naturally without a strait act.

So at the very least anyone gay has to accept that gay is the lesser of the "norm" in its real meaning, not meaning, norm as in, what we think is acceptable based on feelings or happiness which I will get to later and show you why happiness doesn't really give you rights either.

Back to bestiality, many want to deny this because they simply cannot argue against it. In the sense that being gay is not really the norm, if someone was to say they are attracted to animals it would also not be the norm. So what is the difference? You may be thinking, how is loving animals the same as two humans of opposite sex saying they love each other?

Because they are both not the norm/not designed for that purpose, and both use the same exact arguments. For example, any argument you can use of why you should be allowed to be gay can actually be used on people who are attracted to animals, the only difference is you know in your mind that is not .... right.... to kiss animals and make out with them...

Gay people will say, I am born that way, I am not arguing against it, but realize, someone who says they love animals can say the exact same thing, and how can you call them any more wrong without judging them, after all why would they lie about loving animals if they would get beat up for it, bullied for it, ect. Many of you are thinking, well being gay is different because it is two people consenting and agreeing to do the acts. So let me ask you, if we had animals smart enough to consent would any of you agree that we should be allowed to marry animals that are smart enough to consent? It is not a irrelevant argument, it is a real one, if the possibility ever arose would you be in favor of it? Of course not, yet those people can say "But the animal is giving clear consent", if that is possible why should you stop that persons happiness????

Because there are just things that happiness doesn't mean you should act on it... if everything was made legal by what makes us happy then well... we would be living in a very weird place right now where people marry their moms and have sex with their own parents on a daily basis and call it normal because both consented and wants to be happy.

How many of you want it made legal for you to marry your own father or mother? Should a 18 year old be allowed to have sex with his own mother and marry her and have children with her? Why not? After all both are consenting and want to be happy? Because we know its not something that benefits society and happiness doesn't always mean you are suppose to do it, desires don't mean you make that type of marriage legal either.

But what about the animals that do gay acts? What about monkeys who do sex acts on other monkeys? See its normal in nature!!!

The problem with this is two things, animals are not the basis of human laws and animals do not know right from wrong. We humans do not live up to animal standards, if that was the case we would make laws based on what is being done in the animal kingdom, when a dog takes a **** on your carpet, your dog didn't do that because he is evil.... you damn evil dog always ****ting on my carpet!!!! No, he did it because he is a animal who does not know any better.
When a dog humps your leg he does it because he is a animal who does not know any better, we simply do not look into the animal kingdom for what we should make legal and not legal, or what is right or wrong.

These are logical reasons (Everything will be covered even your questions just wait...)

Why is strait marriage legal?
- Because children raised with a mom and dad most benefit society and is proven to function better/is more beneficial to everyone on Earth. To reproduce is the reasoning behind why we are born with such body parts, if that was not the case we would not need them.

As a government you can , prohibit, permit or promote something.

- With alcohol, we used to prohibit it, now we permit people to do it, BUT we never promote it. We don't WANT people to do it, but we allow it aka permit it. With strait marriage its promoted because everyone wins.

Why can't we promote same sex marriage though you may ask?
- because it breaks what marriage is about.
- If marriage is just about being a couple then its not longer about having children.
- So now you have couples who get married not to have children... yet they have them anyways.
- So now you have a whole list of bigger problems in society based on this.

** Answering Objections **
- We want equal rights
- Don't discriminate in the constitution
- Being gay is like race
- Born that way
- Homosexuals can't change
- Animals engage in these acts
- Same sex marriage is about love

* Note that gay rights is a special right, I don't have that right either, you are asking for a special right. Again, on what grounds do we not say that insest should no be legalized then? After all equal rights for them as well. Because its a special right, a right that not only those people don't have but I don't have it either, even though I am strait I could not do insest marriage if I wanted to because its not legal. You would be asking for special rights, so again i ask, what grounds should we stop at gay marriage and not keep legalizing stuff like insest?

I asked GAY PEOPLE, should inset be legal, should you be allowed to have sex and get married to your mom? I think almost everyone I asked in a message said "No"... I asked why?
They said "Because I am just against those"....

If you and your mom consent to have sex does that make it right?
Should we promote it?
You have to say yes, why? Because its the entire basis of what gay rights are from.... you want to be able to have do this with the same sex yet all of you know that its not right to have sex with your own mother EVEN IF she consents and you consent... why is that?

Being gay is like being black - No its not, you can find many different types of gay males but never different types of african americans. Skin color is not a choice, you can always choose a behavior. You can't harm someone with a skin color, you can harm someone with a behavior. By harm I think you know what I mean...

I was born gay.
- How? If your an evolutionist that should have been wiped out a long time ago by natural selection. People actually have more genes that make them likely to be addicted to alcohol then the other way around, but you never see people say, since your born with that you should go do it!!! Go do more of it! Of course not...

Desires
- Everyone has them, the worst thing to do, is say, since I have a desire we should make our desires laws, imagine if I said, I was born to want to bash gays, would gay people say, well since you were born that way I guess you should bash me, nooo, they would say, I don't give a **** how you were born with it, its not a legit behavior regardless how you got it.

Again there is a difference between permitting same sex marriage and PROMOTING IT as something we should do or its okay to do. Encouraging others to do the same.

My questions for you guys.

Q * Should humans act on every feeling or desire they have?

Q * What if I said god made me this way?

Q * Is God responsible for every desire you have? If so then God wants us to do evil because we all have evil desires true or not?

Q * Some people are born with anger problems and other problems, does that make it okay for me to assault someone, well since I was born with anger problems that makes it okay...

Exceptions make bad laws, some smokers out live non smokers, we don't create laws around that exception.

Lets say I found a gay couple who never hurt anyone, they seem to be doing fine, does that mean I should create an entire social policy around that?

Q * What about strait people who can't have kids? They are the exception BUT NOT the rule.

There are people out there who say NOT ONLY should the government ALLOW it, (Which is fine) but that the government should PROMOTE IT!!!

So basically, you can have any sexual partner you want, and the kid has to be forced to have you as the parents, two dads or two moms. Anyone who says two men can raise a child better than two women are in denial, that is why you are gay, because you realize that men and women are different, you like men for a reason because you realize they are different then women and you like women because you realize they are different then men...

Nobody actually cares about the kid, its all about you get what you want first and that is your sexual partner then you choose a random kid and make it your kid when its biology not.
Nor does that kid grow up with the right parenting, a mom and dad, both which offer two different things that one sex simply cannot produce. Two men can't teach you the things only a women could, two women can't teach you the things a father could.

* Q Well what about children who grow up FINE with gay parents? Again we don't base laws on the exceptions when things turn out fine.

Two of my last questions

* What would be the effects on society if everyone lived as tradition marriages, everyone had a mom/dad and they never got divorced. What would the effect be? We would have almost none of these problems we have today, we would have less crime, less social problems, ect.

* What would the effects be if every one lived a faithful gay marriage? It would be the end of society plain and simple.

What you need to realize is that traditional marriage needs to be kept at a higher standard even if you are not strait you need to realize it. Other wise society ends, LITERALLY...

So again, my problem is not permitting it really, my problem is people PROMOTING IT.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }