Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite 305 posts - page 14 of 31
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 20, 2014 3:55pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Oh, and I have to laugh at one more thing.

"There are debates whether female goddesses are female."

- Zanestorm

Suuuure you're a Pagan and a student of Mythology. Suuuuuuure.

There absolutely are, you utter simpleton. Deities aren't human. If they truly exist, that is a fact. If they exist - they are independent of humanity entirely. They may or may not be gendered, they may or may not be similar to humanity in any number of ways. But the one certainity is that IF deities do exist - which I'm largely neutral on as a topic - they would NOT be human.

I've tried to be respectful - I literally edited my entire text to be respectful, but **** you so hard. "RESPECT ME" "LOLZ I DONT HAVE TO RESPECT YOU THOUGH."

That isn't how it works, sorry. Regardless, I have alot of your ******** to debunk.

FYI L2 read - I'm an undergraduate of History that also studies the Archaeology of Religion and Ritual, not 'a student of Mythology.'

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2014 3:58pm | Report
I, likewise, refuse to talk to Zanestorm anymore.

He creates this gigantic, insulting argument. With absolutely no proof, not examples, nothing. He's probably creating another ******** argument as we speak, trying to find flaws in our arguments.

I need to emphasize that he went and created a giant *****torm of hate and argument that I had to sift through personally, WITH NO EVIDENCE, PROOF, OR SUPPORT. Does Zane look like he's taking this topic seriously?

Chuilin probably just googled to find the link. It probably didn't take any longer than a minute.

Zanestorm didn't spend even a minute on finding evidence, but probably several on insults and real-sounding credentials.

I propose that we just ignore any posts he will make in the future, and move on with our lives, because I think I utterly destroyed his argument like the baloney it is.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 20, 2014 3:59pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

There's a number of issues with the article you've posted, I'll tackle that tomorrow. I'm going to focus on your argument first, though.

First of all, I'd like to point out that this article, and these studies were all performed and written by PhD's in a related field. They are published by a top tier college. I highly doubt this article went without being reviewed by many other top researchers in the field before being published.

Not only that, but I want your proof. I want proof that it is flawed. Not something you came up with off the top of your head. You aren't a master in the field, or on the topic, and you have no credibility. I still haven't seen any sources for your information.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 20, 2014 4:02pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

There absolutely are, you utter simpleton. Deities aren't human. If they truly exist, that is a fact. If they exist - they are independent of humanity entirely. They may or may not be gendered, they may or may not be similar to humanity in any number of ways. But the one certainity is that IF deities do exist - which I'm largely neutral on as a topic - they would NOT be human.

I've tried to be respectful - I literally edited my entire text to be respectful, but **** you so hard. "RESPECT ME" "LOLZ I DONT HAVE TO RESPECT YOU THOUGH."

That isn't how it works, sorry. Regardless, I have alot of your ******** to debunk.

FYI L2 read - I'm an undergraduate of History that also studies the Archaeology of Religion and Ritual, not 'a student of Mythology.'

Just like on any religion topic. Considering they are, as far as we can prove "made up", the deities are up for any interpretation. In other words you can argue it any way and it's a roundabout topic. Stop arguing it, both of you.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 20, 2014 4:03pm | Report
This is somewhat childish.

Now you two are arguing out of spite and not because of the discussion.

Whatever the discussion is anymore. I fried my brain cells.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2014 4:07pm | Report
_angrytoast wrote:

How am I arrogant? Your the one who loses it with people who don't share your opinion!

You need to reread this entire thread.

_angrytoast wrote:

I am in no way a fanboy. I think your a loudmouth arrogant prick, who happens to contribute a lot and has a good writing style.

The respect I have for you is in no way built from your personality, which I find repulsive. It is only built from the skill you have in writing; even when in some cases is directed negatively at me.

You wanna know why I went into this post with a negative attitude? It is because this post is literally built to communicate how bad you think Smite is. If you're that butt-hurt about Dawngate being cancelled, then you seriously need to get your priorities straight.

Sorry if this too personal, but I had to say it.
You mentioned my writing, just like angrytoast. Are my haters just copying each other, or are you one person with multiple accounts?

Zanestorm wrote:

Just want to butt in and say -

It's easy to come across as overly critical or even angry when you're criticizing games you love, because you're passionate about them. [I've done it myself plenty of times.] I don't know the context of this beyond a few pages of this thread, as I've been absent for around 6 months.

But it's also easy to want to fundamentally change a game to fit your wants and needs. Bare in mind when you play a MOBA and return to it months down the line you're a different person, you may simply have grown a part in ways. But millions of players LOVE smite as it is, and I simply don't see any harm in that love. It isn't love based on misogyny or any kind of discrimination. It's purely love for an innocent video-game.

I don't see this thread as conducive to a positive forum or smite community generally, as it is accusatory in nature and already has a guilty verdict without fair trial. I was actually shocked when I came back and found that a thread like this was allowed to exist. I know these forums can get toxic, but these type of discussions VERY quickly get waylaid by anger and judgement from all sides.

Zanestorm, you being rather hypocritical.

You talk about how this thread could only lead to toxicity and unfounded accusations and shouldn't be allowed to exist. While you make this massive rant with zero evidence or proof or examples or anything, constantly insult me, cause HolyPudding and AngryToast to become toxic, and then make this self-righteous note about how you don't want toxicity in this thread?

With your smug comments about how Smite and its lovers are "innocent," as well as that *****torm you call a post, it's clear you didn't even read the thread. As well as that clearly flustered comment about how you "found issues" with the links we posted. Sure, buddy, sure.

Newsflash, THIS THREAD WAS FINE. There were no insults flying, no kettles being boiled. We were having a peaceful discussion about a sensitive topic: modern social issues, and my GOD that is such a rare thing on the internet.

Then you came in, and installed a nuclear engine on the Hate Sub train.

I want to be polite about this, but after all that vitrol, I don't think you deserve it. So, please, leave this thread. You have nothing to contribute and have only harmed it. Leave.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2014 4:12pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

You missed the point where I said that they're human-LIKE. I never said they were human, just that they might as well be, if it weren't for the powers and immortality.

Rofl, we can see from my quotes that respect was the last thing on your mind when you wrote it. As usual, you SAY you tried to be respectful, but I have proof. Let's call this a Zanestorm, now. Whenever someone say something insulting and with no proof, while puffing up his feathers, it shall now be called "pulling off a Zanestorm."

Lastly, I don't care what you say you are. You're trying to measure ****s as an anonymous user on an internet forum. You clearly want to look as impressive as possible to substitute for your lack of any real wit.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 20, 2014 4:12pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Chuilin probably just googled to find the link. It probably didn't take any longer than a minute.

Actually. It took about 7 thank you very much. I had to wikipedia the topic. Find the sub topic. Find one of the citations for the topic. Go to that, read the whole thing to find all the different studies. Then go and find the studies all put together in one place that still portrayed the information in a clear manner. It took hard work to find this! :'(

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2014 4:13pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Actually. It took about 7 thank you very much. I had to wikipedia the topic. Find the sub topic. Find one of the citations for the topic. Go to that, read the whole thing to find all the different studies. Then go and find the studies all put together in one place that still portrayed the information in a clear manner. It took hard work to find this! :'(

Ah, sorry.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » December 20, 2014 4:28pm | Report
A Man Being Sexualized

Feast your eyes upon the mighty...

THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Aeadar

Memorable (10)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }