Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Current Standard Hunter Builds - Feedback Requested

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Current Standard Hunter Builds - Feedback Requested 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 27, 2018 1:58pm | Report
If you go triple crit the only core items are Deathbringer and Poisoned Star. Depending on which hunter you're playing and if you are behind or not you can get either Rage or Wind Demon.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 2:23pm | Report
It's specifically for early boxing. Get that crit and you start taking 20% less damage. It's definitely got function. It's also fairly reasonable in price.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 2:31pm | Report
So 1/5 attacks will give me that crit. Why not just build asi-bridge to something else late- and make up for all the damage you take?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2018 3:21pm | Report
Yeah, I know...I was mainly posting it as a base because BaRRa is really difficult to argue against as a legitimate reference. Honestly, it's not my preference. Depending on god, this would be my standard pref:

Hunter's Blessing, Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, Ichaival, Rage, Deathbringer / The Executioner (whichever order needed), replace Ich with Poisoned Star.

This is why I've been having a hard time, and have asked you peeps.

And no...no Asi bridge when you already have Devo's. Damn it, boog, stop the Asi.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 27, 2018 3:44pm | Report
Should have clarified: asi bridge if you're building trans first.

I like your build order better.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » June 27, 2018 11:04pm | Report
I understand you're trying for standard builds, but I believe god choice has a heavy impact on the slight variations of a build.

For example, a crit build for Artemis could look very different than a crit build for Hachiman. Certain gods also have more potent attack speed steroids in their kits, etc..

I think your builds are solid enough to lead a new player in a good direction. When diving into the intricacies of builds, it is largely dependent on personal playstyle, matchups, and as stated before; specific gods.

Something else worth mentioning is ADC anti-heal options, as healing is (in my opinion) very strong in this current meta. I feel that items like Toxic Blade are very underrated at the moment, and a Brawler's Beat Stick could fit in to an ability based hunter build. Again, though, less standard and more situational.

As far as your crit build goes, I agree that Deathbringer before Wind Demon is stronger. WD first would provide a bit too much attack speed for some gods with strong attack speed steroids in their kit.

I think Rage remains a solid crit item, but it is important to understand when/why to buy it. Unless you have a significant early lead, Rage after Devo's/Boots doesn't offer a whole lot of boxing potential compared to other items, especially for the price.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 28, 2018 12:11am | Report
No no no. Don't ever get toxic blade on any hunter. Brawler's is fine though in the trans/soul eater build for Ullr/Neith yes.

Wind Demon is best as a last crit item for triple crit yes.

Also sometimes you can omit your last crit item / titan's bane in a crit or shred build to get Magi's Cloak. Very useful in teamfights/ganks, especially if your beads is on cooldown.

Also don't bother with ichaival if you're getting rage. You need that item's stacks as soon as possible to evolve it.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » June 28, 2018 12:34am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

No no no. Don't ever get toxic blade on any hunter.

Why not?

Kriega1 wrote:
Also don't bother with ichaival if you're getting rage. You need that item's stacks as soon as possible to evolve it.

Agreed.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 28, 2018 5:19am | Report
Toxic Blade is bad on hunters in conquest due to it's stats. It also gives the other hunter the advantage in boxing and generally does hardly anything for your damage output. Not to mention you have to stack the anti-heal debuff to get full effectiveness.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 28, 2018 8:47am | Report
DV-8 wrote:

I understand you're trying for standard builds, but I believe god choice has a heavy impact on the slight variations of a build.

For example, a crit build for Artemis could look very different than a crit build for Hachiman. Certain gods also have more potent attack speed steroids in their kits, etc..

I think your builds are solid enough to lead a new player in a good direction. When diving into the intricacies of builds, it is largely dependent on personal playstyle, matchups, and as stated before; specific gods.

Something else worth mentioning is ADC anti-heal options, as healing is (in my opinion) very strong in this current meta. I feel that items like Toxic Blade are very underrated at the moment, and a Brawler's Beat Stick could fit in to an ability based hunter build. Again, though, less standard and more situational.

As far as your crit build goes, I agree that Deathbringer before Wind Demon is stronger. WD first would provide a bit too much attack speed for some gods with strong attack speed steroids in their kit.

I think Rage remains a solid crit item, but it is important to understand when/why to buy it. Unless you have a significant early lead, Rage after Devo's/Boots doesn't offer a whole lot of boxing potential compared to other items, especially for the price.

Agreed on all of this. I'm looking to offer general builds for universal function to help newer players/players that are unsure of how to build. It's difficult to hone in on singular builds, and there needed to be compromise. I do have some wording within the section that suggests or warns in specific directions (such as too much AS in builds for gods with steroids), and I might ask you to review to see what I've said. I can write more to give more direction, but don't want it to be too much.

FYI, in the build notes, I actually write "situational" in the item icon list, and in the build notes, I give options for that last item. Brawler's Beat Stick is listed as an option in both standard crit and Qin's builds, and Toxic Blade is listed in the Qin's build.

I can agree that for crit, Toxic Blade isn't a very good item. You're looking to burst enemies down, and so countering healing isn't as much of a focus. But even with 0 power, the attack speed and flat pen can definitely help a Qin's build.

Finally, I say "other situational/counter items can be considered as needed," so I'd consider specialized things such as Magi's Cloak to be within that definition.

Kriega1 wrote:

In my preferred crit build (I've added under experimental builds), I feel Ichaival is a very solid item for the price, and adding a bit more AS before going into crit isn't a bad thing, along with introducing pen into the build for the first time as well.

Before the most recent buff, I can agree more about needing Rage online ASAP. But the base crit % is now 30%. I feel that 30% base over the 20% from WD or PS is functional enough, even without needing to stack for the additional 10%. I don't feel it's as essential to build earlier just to get that extra 10%.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }