Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Life steal at start or not ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Life steal at start or not ? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Time2medicate » January 19, 2017 1:53pm | Report
Some builds use lifesteal at the beginning of there builds aand some do not use it Is it really worth it?

Time2medicate

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » January 19, 2017 1:56pm | Report
You shouldn't build full lifesteal items at the start.

At the start of games, your damage is usually very low, so the lifesteal % of that damage will barely do anything for you.

Instead of getting lifesteal, consider healing starting items, such as:

Death's Toll - for physical gods.
Vampiric Shroud - for magical gods.
Bumba's Mask - for assassins, both magical and physical.

The earliest you should consider a lifesteal item is as 3rd item, and if you do buy one at that point in the game, it'd be a cheap one such as Asi, for example.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Time2medicate » January 19, 2017 7:53pm | Report
Thanks man. If I wasn't to use Starting an starting item would I go straight into aso or would one of the attack speed bows be the way to go?

Time2medicate

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 19, 2017 8:03pm | Report
One thing that varies here is Devourer's Gauntlet, which people often build as the first item (often combining with Death's Toll). Otherwise, you'd usually build later like Zero says.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 20, 2017 12:36am | Report

Thanks man. If I wasn't to use Starting an starting item would I go straight into aso or would one of the attack speed bows be the way to go?
You should almost always get some variation of boots/shoes first since movement speed is essential early on. If you play Arena or Assault, those gametypes can be an exception to this rule, but otherwise definitely build straight into something like Warrior Tabi or Shoes of the Magi. The only exception to this is some stacking items since you may want to begin stacking as early as possible.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Praefex » February 19, 2017 3:16pm | Report
It totally depends on the god, team, map, game type and enemy team/items; not to mention preference. In saying that - do get lifesteal as your second or third item if you need to stack Devourer's Gauntlet.

If you do decide to go for Devourer's Gauntlet.

- For your first item, I would recommend a starter item that regenerates hp and mana.
- Second I would maybe go for tier 1 boots.
- Then get Devourer's Gauntlet as your next item but keep checking how many of the enemies have tier 3 boots. You may need to get tier 2 before finishing Devourer's Gauntlet for safety.

Note that Devourer's Gauntlet is not available in Assault.

Note: Lifesteal basically heals you and is great to have but There are other good lifesteal items, not many though.

Sometimes you may use a lot of it:
e.g.: Bellona or Neith with lifesteal means a good amount of healing.

Other times you may not:
e.g.: There are healers in your team with Rod of Healing in their build, it may be unnecessary to get lifesteal.

Praefex

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Time2medicate » February 19, 2017 3:26pm | Report
Thanks Praefex!! You explanation makes sense to me

Time2medicate

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Praefex » February 19, 2017 3:57pm | Report

Thanks Praefex!! You explanation makes sense to me

No worries, VVGF. :D

Praefex

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }