Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Wise Old Mentor!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » The Wise Old Mentor! 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by akronicillness » March 30, 2013 3:36pm | Report
i can do fine early game and quite happily get kills as a carry(melee or ranged) 3-0 but after about level 12 it all turns to poo and i end up just breaking even so end game im sitting at 7-6ish. or if im doing well 15-11. doesnt matter which god i play its always the same. what should i be doing in the mid game/team fight stage that doest make me get hammered repetitively?
ohai dere

akronicillness

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » April 12, 2013 3:27pm | Report
akronicillness-Well to be honest you simply posting a few score numbers doesn't really say much , but in general most of death occur do to the person overextending while in lane and due to poor positioning in teamfights. As a ranged ADC you always want to stay behind your tanks/bruisers/supports and even sometimes APCs since you are in most cases the main damage source. Second thing never initiate unless you know that you can get a free kill (I can't really tell you then to go for kills and then to let them go because this simply comes with experiences and may wary depending on the situation).
Another thing you must do as ADC is you must try to never stop farming that means trying to get as much gold from lane as possible and then your minions are pushed to close to the enemy tower it's always a good idea to go and farm the jungle until the enemy minions push back closer to your tower. As well as grabbing any farm you can get while roaming ect... Maybe even sometimes asking your tank/support to leave the lane for a bit if you have your jungle warded and he might be of use else where...

As for getting hammered each time you die you should ask yourself "Why did I die" and then trying to answer.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 12, 2013 4:01pm | Report
What is the best, all out powerhouse, build for Hebo?

Pure straight up damage.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » April 12, 2013 4:12pm | Report
I don't believe there is a way to get even more damage then using this build:
Magi Boots
Doom Orb
Bancroft's Talon
Book of Thoth
Obsidian Shard
Rod of Tahuti

Girdle of Might
Sprint/Aegis

Note you will have 0 survivability other then Aegis or Sprint.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zantej » August 1, 2013 7:20pm | Report
I've been playing Smite for about 6 or so weeks now and I've hit level 28. After what seemed like eons of suffering whenever I tried to play an assassin or tried to jungle, I finally found a great crit/attack speed build on Loki. It works well too. Logic would dictate that it would work for all assassins, but I can't seem to make it work on Fenrir. The build is: Ninja Tabi, Rage, Deathbringer, Golden Bow, Qin's Blades and Executioner(As = 2.05, Crit chance = 67). What am I doing wrong? I've been told that I don't have the right mindset to play assassin, since I tend to seek shelter behind my lane partner or minions a lot. Is it better to play it safe like that than overextend? If the latter, how do I know when I can grab a kill? My 3 never seems to do as much damage as everyone says it should.
Also, when I play Loki I find his 1-3 combo to be useless because I always misjudge how close behind the enemy I need to be to hit them. 1-3-4 is how I get kills, but the CD on the ult makes it less viable in teamfights. How do I know when I'm close enough?
Lastly, is there any truly effective way to jungle since the one buff per player update? If so, what is it?

Zantej

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » August 3, 2013 9:52am | Report
Aside from ADCs the builds should vary from god to god.Just because Arachne is labeled as an Assassin I would never go a full glass cannon build ,but rather a bruiser like build which I believe is what you should be doing on Fenrir.

Now since I've been away from Smite for awhile I'm not sure if this is still the standard build for Loki ,but you should try something like:

1) Warrior Tabi (imo the flat 15 pen these boots provide hands down beat the extra crit that Ninja Tabi provide).

2) Devourer's Gloves (This item provides excellent stats + gives you some nice sustain)
or
Focused Voidblade (If the enemy team has a lot of AD champions or you don't see an early Sovereignty rush from the enemy team between Warrior Tabi and this item you will be doing almost if not true damage to the squishies on the enemy team dramatically increasing your Assassination potential).

Runic Shield could also be picked up as a 2nd or 3rd item if the enemy team is extremely AP heavy.

3) The Executioner (Further increasing your burst/armor shred as well as giving you extra attack speed).
Or if you didn't go for go for Devourer's Gloves this would be a nice time to get them fallowed by The Executioner.

4) Your 4th item should be either
Deathbringer (For very obvious reasons)
or Focused Voidblade fallowed by Deathbringer as your 5th item.

6) The 6th item slot is completely optional one of these items should be a nice addition depending on the situation:

Titan's Bane (If the enemy team is stacking lots of armor or if you are unable to get to the backline and a you are forced to fight bruisers/tanks you may wanna pick this item up as 5th or ever 4th in those extreme cases).

Rage (It will add a lot to your burst damage by granting constant crits + nice attack speed however due to this items cost I would only suggest picking this up if you are extremely far ahead).

Or if you see that you are getting blown up in teamfights you should either re think the way you engage in teamfights or pick up a defensive item ,which one is completely situation dependent as is up to you to decided.

In lane or in teamfights you should never be the one to start the aggression unless you know you can get a kill. Usually what you want to do as an Assassin is stay on the outskirts and try to flank the enemy team so you could get to the back lines and kill either there ADC or APC both should do the trick.

Lastly judging how much damage you do or how close you need to be to land AAs comes with experiences and it's not something I or anyone else can teach you. As for jungling I have no idea as I have tried jungling once with little success.

Hope some of this helps you.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zantej » August 4, 2013 5:25pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

Aside from ADCs the builds should vary from god to god.Just because Arachne is labeled as an Assassin I would never go a full glass cannon build ,but rather a bruiser like build which I believe is what you should be doing on Fenrir.

Now since I've been away from Smite for awhile I'm not sure if this is still the standard build for Loki ,but you should try something like:

1) Warrior Tabi (imo the flat 15 pen these boots provide hands down beat the extra crit that Ninja Tabi provide).

2) Devourer's Gloves (This item provides excellent stats + gives you some nice sustain)
or
Focused Voidblade (If the enemy team has a lot of AD champions or you don't see an early Sovereignty rush from the enemy team between Warrior Tabi and this item you will be doing almost if not true damage to the squishies on the enemy team dramatically increasing your Assassination potential).

Runic Shield could also be picked up as a 2nd or 3rd item if the enemy team is extremely AP heavy.

3) The Executioner (Further increasing your burst/armor shred as well as giving you extra attack speed).
Or if you didn't go for go for Devourer's Gloves this would be a nice time to get them fallowed by The Executioner.

4) Your 4th item should be either
Deathbringer (For very obvious reasons)
or Focused Voidblade fallowed by Deathbringer as your 5th item.

6) The 6th item slot is completely optional one of these items should be a nice addition depending on the situation:

Titan's Bane (If the enemy team is stacking lots of armor or if you are unable to get to the backline and a you are forced to fight bruisers/tanks you may wanna pick this item up as 5th or ever 4th in those extreme cases).

Rage (It will add a lot to your burst damage by granting constant crits + nice attack speed however due to this items cost I would only suggest picking this up if you are extremely far ahead).

Or if you see that you are getting blown up in teamfights you should either re think the way you engage in teamfights or pick up a defensive item ,which one is completely situation dependent as is up to you to decided.

In lane or in teamfights you should never be the one to start the aggression unless you know you can get a kill. Usually what you want to do as an Assassin is stay on the outskirts and try to flank the enemy team so you could get to the back lines and kill either there ADC or APC both should do the trick.

Lastly judging how much damage you do or how close you need to be to land AAs comes with experiences and it's not something I or anyone else can teach you. As for jungling I have no idea as I have tried jungling once with little success.

Hope some of this helps you.

Thanks, that's really helpful. :) I'll try it out ASAP.

Zantej

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fastestcorpse » December 20, 2013 9:05am | Report
Something... Other than smite... I... What else, is there?

Fastestcorpse

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 20, 2013 9:57am | Report
Why is this STILL being necro'd? Stop. Please. Unless something is very genuinely and lengthily important to the conversation.

There are plenty of current threads to become involved in that will aid current smitefire users.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 20, 2013 9:59am | Report

Something... Other than smite... I... What else, is there?

What do you mean by that?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }