Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Wise Old Mentor!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » The Wise Old Mentor! 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 17, 2013 10:33am | Report
I guess I should have created this thread a long time ago ,but I was recently consumed by stuff other then Smite and now I'm back.

I've created this thread because I want to help the people of Smitefire get better at this game if I can.So feel free to write any questions you have about Smite here or send me a pm and I will try to answer as soon as I can.
Also you can add me on Smite IGN: LevasK and write me there if I'm not busy/afk we could joust or play conquest so that I could see if and what we could work on improving in your gameplay.

Remember any and all questions are welcome!
Note: Before posting check this thread if your question hasn't been answered before.

And lastly:
Why should you care what do I think about your builds/gameplay?
Well I'm not a professional player but I have been fallowing the pro scene for around 6 months and I have played a ton of Smite currently +1.3k games played and that's about it....
(I mostly play tanks/supports because everyone wants to play Carry but I'm decent with them too)

Thank you for reading good luck and have fun playing Smite.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by bboysmalltown » March 18, 2013 9:02am | Report
Hey,

I was hoping i could get some help. I have been playing pretty regularly since the Guan Yu patch. Im level 30 at this point and despite my 500+ games I feel that I consistently let my clan down in conquest.

I typically run mid because my clan have pretty good lane comps. Im not a bad player (IE: i know builds, counter gods, and god play styles) so in jousts i do fairly well probably a 7:3 win/loss ratio but i have one major problem in conquest.

During the early lane-ing phase I will do my best to push the enemy mid back to tower, soon as i do i look for an opportunity to gank either of my lanes. Weather or not i am able to get successfully get a kill, by the time i get back into my lane my opponent is 2-3 levels over me. And my new issue becomes mid out farming me and out leveling me, resulting in me feeding, even if im tower hugging.

This is were i get super confused... As i am always watching teams play on stream or youtube.com and i try to study their mid. They never seem to be under level at anytime during the lane-ing phase despite their ganks.

Please help me! MY IGN is Neogama. Im am tired of being the weak link in my group and i want to be competitive, but at this rate i dont know how to get on top. any advice you could give or assist me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neogama

bboysmalltown

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 22, 2013 3:51pm | Report
Hello bboysmalltown I'm sorry for taking so long to reply just some big stuff came up irl but I'm back now.

First off I'm not a fan of early game mid ganks especially if all you managed to do is bully your mid into his tower, while in league of legends this would mean that you can get away with some roaming in Smite since you still get gold and exp even if tower picks up a minion or two all that means that you have done nothing to your mid lane as far as any real damage goes.
Even if you managed to get first blood and gain 400 gold + the amount that the enemy team looses from the player being dead and not earning gold so lets say you just earned 450 gold by ganking of which 400 went pretty much to you and 50 solely to your teams gold advantage,but while you ganked if your enemy in mid destroyed your tower he just scored 200 gold and 100 exp (1k gold and 500 exp total for there team) to each of his teammates as well as having free farm in mid so even if you got a double kill for your team him taking your tower would gain more for his team then from you taking those 2 kills.

This occurs because of few things:
1) Mid lane is extremely short lane so pushing the creeps and taking towers is much easier then in other lanes.
2)It's hard to gank from mid because calling mia on mid is very easy all you have to do is watch mini map after you or the enemy recalls if after 15-30(Depending on what god they are playing and if they are building boots) seconds of him recalling you don't see him you just call it.
3)There is no jungler in Smite and unless someone is able to hold your tower for you more then likely it will fall fast.

However if you still want to go roam and gank as mid first off you have to win your lane which doesn't mean having kills what it does mean "Winning Mid" is taking your enemies tower before he takes yours and trying to push your creep to his second tower this while risky is the only way you can gank,because even if he takes the tower while you are gone you will be even in mid and you will have if the gank is succesful 1-2 kills on them.

TL;DR: Don't gank as mid before you take your enemies tower.

(Sometimes my English skills fail me and I fail to explain things properly so if you didn't understand something I will try and explain it better :D )

Hope this helps ;)

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 22, 2013 10:18pm | Report
Well, I think there are different variables to factor in. For instance, what if you manage to get a level 5 kill (Not uncommon, especially lucky snipes as Ra) and pick up first blood? You have just enough time to hit a sidelane quickly and be back whether or not gank was successful.
Also, what if a sidelaner in the lane opposite the one you are ganking substitutes you while you gank? A mid is likely to be more farmed than a sidelane early on, if sidelane has no kills.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 22, 2013 10:49pm | Report
When I do mid ganks, it's usually something I do after I recall to base. What I will usually do is hit up one of the fury camps before returning to my lane if it's in no real danger. After that, I look at my mid: Is the enemy extended near our mid tower? If so, I will usually make an attempt to gank.

What's nice about this is that it's a lot less obvious than walking out of your lane into the jungle. If the enemy saw you recall, they might think you simply based and will probably return to your lane soon. You could even gank the other side lane like this too, and they'll be even less likely to expect someone from left lane to suddenly show up on the other side of the map.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by bboysmalltown » March 25, 2013 9:22am | Report
Ok this has been a very insightful answer to my questions. I can see this working much better in group que because i guess its easier to communicate lane rotation. I think i will try to hold off on this in solo que as you cant guarantee anyone will actually help you. I really appreciate the LoL reference because that was my first Moba so that comparison helps. I would like to figure out away to help my side lanes during early trouble, but it sounds like its better to let them die then to leave my lane and make it worse. not to be a martyr but it sounds like this games is more centered around selfishness in the early lane-ing phases of this game. and not to leave to help team mates if it puts your lane in danger? Does that sound right or am i over looking something very important.

The mathatics of games has never been my strong point so that's why i reach out, because i know a huge portion of winning games is being ahead in overall gold.

Typically i have been playing Bakasura Mid and it tends to work out ok for me. Do you think there are exceptions to this depending on the kind of god being played?

And finally thanks again for responding to my post i really really appreciate it.

bboysmalltown

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 25, 2013 4:35pm | Report
Actually, if one lane is dying over and over, you, as a mid, shouldn't worry about it. However, the other sidelane, if it is doing fine, should consider a "lane swap", where they do just that: Swap lanes. If this doesnt fix the problem then you should consider ganking the lane having difficulties.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 25, 2013 5:32pm | Report
How does one not miss as Anhur?
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ishamael » March 29, 2013 10:43am | Report
Adding you in game, would love to have someone critique my play (aproaching 1k games but still not as good as I should be) Thanks in advance!

Ishamael

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 29, 2013 6:42pm | Report
Quoted:
How does one not miss as Anhur?

Can't be done.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }