Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help needed with solo lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Help needed with solo lane 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 13, 2014 4:05am | Report
Hi all.So i have a bit problems with solo lane .I usually play with Here's the build

Mystical Mark
Ninja Tabi
Bulwark of Hope
Jotunn's Wrath
Voidblade
Titan's Bane or Ankh of the Bear or Bloodforge

I have no problems with duo,for example I got 8/1/6 last match,but when solo laning I get poked or even killed if i get against ranged god(after level 5 i do better thanks to ultimate) but still my results are worse than duo and sometimes even more deaths than kills.Can anyone help with advice? Thanks in advance

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 13, 2014 5:27am | Report
I, for one, can give better advise on the go. Because it's usually your play style and awareness that causes you to lose, not your item build.

Item build looks pretty generic for a physical bruiser. You might want to prioritize either Mystical Mark or Bulwark of Hope considering on what you're dealing with. (physical or magical).

Personally I'd start with boots. Guan Yu has decent wave clearing, but needs complimentary damage. Losing minion kills to your tower early game can cost you the whole game.

Since I have no idea how you deal with the opposing laner and/or the wave. Just some miscallenous tips:

Use your 3 to clear minion waves. When you do this, make sure you hit all 6 minions! (3 knights 3 archers, usually). When you start your 3 stand infront of the knights and push forward. (Make sure the enemy god can't hit you AND the minions at the same time though). Do this to get the maximum amount of hits from your 3 onto the minion wave. (Also, make sure you don't accidentally or on purpose hit the enemy god. The single tick isn't a lot of damage to the god but the minions will focus you and HURT).
Afterwards you can use your dash to pass trough the remaining minions and/or situationally, the enemy god.

Use your heal when your passive is fully loaded. And eh, play it slow. Guan Yu has nearly no killing potential early game. Nice thing about Solo lane is that you don't need kills early game. It's all about making sure you clear that minion wave.

Additionally I would save your ultimate as a escape and potential as a gap closer to ensure a kill, never to engage! (in early laning phase).
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 13, 2014 5:32am | Report
U have nice build just missing a critical strike item. Cant help u on killing a ranged god, but in order to push a solo lane early in the game take damage from minions and get maximum healing from ur 1, good idea to start with blue too.Ranged gods r vulnerable to melee attacks, u can use 2 to slow them then basic attacks and 3 for damage then escape with 2 again.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 13, 2014 5:54am | Report
Thanks for tips ;)) I'll try it out next time i solo,and i'll try to be more careful

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 13, 2014 8:29am | Report
Build order is okay. I would replace Bulwark with Hide of the Urchin, for reasons a previous thread has mentioned. I would also ix-nay critical hit and on-hit items, like Bloodforge - you aren't gonna be basic attacking enough.

ranged solo laners... you mean gods like Neith, or gods like Ra? because the counters for each type are drastically different.

Getting poked is fine. Dying and losing farm is not. Don't be afraid to go back and heal up, as long as you have the teleport active (I hate that thing, but it's a great fallback; this is a perfect situation for it.)

Don't go for kills (but they dont hurt). I mean it. Only go offensive during teamfights, then go for damage, not kills.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 13, 2014 11:25am | Report
Thanks for answer Talenheim.I usually die with enemy solo laners like Neith,Artemis,Apollo,Ah Muzen Cab and Anhur.Maybe it's because i rarely face enemies like zeus and he bo,but i faced them few days ago and zeus just completely crushed me,but i read that he is one of the strongest 1v1 god

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 13, 2014 1:04pm | Report
For facing enemy solo laners, Guan Yu is an amazing bully due to his unique sustain - something most bruisers do not have.
Against mages, do everything to waveclear, and wait for them to use a counter-waveclear ability (( Celestial Beam, Plague of Locusts, etc), then jump on them. They may have an escape like Cocoon, but they have no damage, so at the least you'll get a good harass before they get out.

Against ADC's, you're going to play exceptionally similarly, however their auto attacks can waveclear and they usually have escapes. Stay behind minions at all times to not get harassed. Dodge their only poke (they usually only have one, be it Impale, So Beautiful, Spirit Arrow (her other ones don't count), etc), and go aggressive. Remember that ADC's are meant to be ridiculously squishy, and therefore are. If you're facing someone like Artemis or AMC, they have literally 0 escapes outside running away or slowing you, so you don't have to worry about going aggressive, and melees have a better base speed than ranged. Just remember to circle around them - make it as hard as physically possible to hit you.

Finally, if you KNOW you're laning against a hunter, try starting Hide of the Nemean Lion instead of Mystical Mark. It's 100 less health, 20 more physical protection, and punishes auto attacks against you. You'll sacrifice some waveclear, but you have your dash and assault to burst through waves of minions. Lead that into either a Mystical Mark or Voidblade, and ADC's should have a very tough time deciding between lifesteal to keep up with your harass, or penetration to finally do damage.

In the end, your first 2-3 items should be boots and items that counter lane opponents. Your next 2 items should be something that helps you against the rest of the team. Finally, the last item is a situational aid to yourself or your allies. That's a general rule of thumb that'll always do well, remember that.

BTW, something no one realizes as bruiser vs adc - Witch STone OP.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 13, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Bulwark is a pretty bad item as is. I'd recommend Stone of Gaia.

No, seriously.

Guan Yu's specialty is in extending a fight with his heals and his damage over time. Not to be confused with DoTs. Because of this, you will likely trigger Stone of Gaia for a pretty long time, not to mention the slightly better magical protection works better if you have healing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 13, 2014 4:50pm | Report
Haha Subzero, while I agree with you completely, I love how you said
"and his damage over time. Not to be confused with DoTs {which means damage over time}) xD
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » January 13, 2014 4:54pm | Report
Well. DoT is commonly used for spells and such that have a tick. Whereas Sub used it to reference more sustained damage, being able to stay in combat longer.

you probably already knew this. But I thought I would add too it. XD

Deathsession

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }