Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMOCT13] Erebus, Primordial God of Darkness

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMOCT13] Erebus, Primordial God of Darkness 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » October 19, 2013 8:23am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
And you just gave a tank a teleport. Congrats. You gave him combat blink as an escape. This is NOT balanced.

Bacchus is a tank and has a jump. Hades goes under and teleports. Athena and Sobek has a dash. It is totally balanced. Why can't have a tank have mobility to be the intitial target of the enemy.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 9:06am | Report
I modified his third ability, check out the new version guys.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 4:17pm | Report
shakz180 wrote:

Bacchus is a tank and has a jump. Hades goes under and teleports. Athena and Sobek has a dash. It is totally balanced. Why can't have a tank have mobility to be the intitial target of the enemy.

The reason why Hades has a teleport is because enemies can react to it. There is a short animation of him both entering the ground and emerging from it, and you can also see where Hades is moving. Blink is instantaneous, channeling time or not. You can't react to it at all.

And why do I consider Blind to be overpowered?

Fight!

1. Erburus uses skill.

2. Enemy mage uses skill, wated.

3. Erebus uses skill.

4. Enemy mage uses skill, wated.

4. Erberus uses skill.

5. Enemy mage uses skill, wasted.

All this, without relying on a single shred of defense. As long as Erberus keeps spamming his abilities, he can prevent himself from being damaged at all for a short period of time, all while damaging the enemy god.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 5:01pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The reason why Hades has a teleport is because enemies can react to it. There is a short animation of him both entering the ground and emerging from it, and you can also see where Hades is moving. Blink is instantaneous, channeling time or not. You can't react to it at all.

And why do I consider Blind to be overpowered?

Fight!

1. Erburus uses skill.

2. Enemy mage uses skill, wated.

3. Erebus uses skill.

4. Enemy mage uses skill, wated.

4. Erberus uses skill.

5. Enemy mage uses skill, wasted.

All this, without relying on a single shred of defense. As long as Erberus keeps spamming his abilities, he can prevent himself from being damaged at all for a short period of time, all while damaging the enemy god.

I said before that the blink was - like all dashes/leaps/teleports of Smite NOT instant. Thor has a teleport is he OP?

Anyway, I revamp his 3. It's now pointless to discuss about the old version.

If you read well all my God reveal and don't stop to the word Blind. You should have noticed that every time his passive is activated, there is a visual feedback. So basically, if you are aware of what is going on in a game you don't spam your abilities while you don't have to.

It's true it can be powerful for people who keep trying to damage Hercules when he activates his Mitigate Wounds, but for average or + players, it won't be.

I don't think that spamming Abilities will be an issue because 1/ Erebus does not have any short CD and 2/ Enemies just have to learn how to counter his passive. And that can be done pretty easily.

If I have others negative feedbacks about his passive, I will nerf it but actually I find it pretty balanced.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 19, 2013 5:06pm | Report
outlawing wrote:

I said before that the blink was - like all dashes/leaps/teleports of Smite NOT instant. Thor has a teleport is he OP?

Anyway, I revamp his 3. It's now pointless to discuss about the old version.

If you read well all my God reveal and don't stop to the word Blind. You should have noticed that every time his passive is activated, there is a visual feedback. So basically, if you are aware of what is going on in a game you don't spam your abilities while you don't have to.

It's true it can be powerful for people who keep trying to damage Hercules when he activates his Mitigate Wounds, but for average or + players, it won't be.

I don't think that spamming Abilities will be an issue because 1/ Erebus does not have any short CD and 2/ Enemies just have to learn how to counter his passive. And that can be done pretty easily.

If I have others negative feedbacks about his passive, I will nerf it but actually I find it pretty balanced.

The reason this blink is Op is because you can't tell to where he is headed. With Thor you can see where he would teleport, same with jumps and the sort. But with a blink, there is no way to tell.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 5:13pm | Report
I used the term blink but I shouldn't have do it. The old 3 was a teleport with a visual feedback that showed were Erebus will be transported to (black arm in the aimed direction).

But as I remind you, do not consider the old version anymore but the new one thanks :D

I modified a bit the passive.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 8:10pm | Report
*sigh* You just don't get it, do you?

1. Erebus makes himself invincible.

2a. God attacks, wasting his attack

2b. God doesn't attack, while Erebus can feel free to attack as much as he wants.

3a. Erebus simply casts again, repeating the process.

3b. After or near the end of the buff, Erebus casts again, restoring it.

4. Still overpowered.

The problem is that you treat the "blind" buff and debuff (you really need to clarify between the two) as a soft CC, when it should be treated as a hard CC.

You can modify the abilities all you like = you are blaming the coffee brand while you should be inspecting its source.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 8:57pm | Report
Also, since I enjoy feeling smug and vindicated, I'll post my own "Erebus." Melee magical tank, everyone.

Note: There are generally two kinds of tanks. the ones with light CC and good initiation, like Athena or Odin, or the ones with poor initiation and good CC, like Ares or Ymir. My version of Erebus is supposed to suck at initiation, but has lots of CC.

Passive: Elusive Darkness: Whenever Erebus casts an ability, he ignores unit collision and gains 10% movement speed in combat only for 4 seconds. This buff stacks up to 3 times.

Also, Erebus' damaging abilities apply a debuff called Darkness on the enemy. This debuff adds additional effects upon the enemy and lasts for 4 seconds. When an additional effect is applied due to Darkness, the debuff is removed.

1: Paint it Black: Erebus summons darkness in a cone, dealing 90/145/200/255/310 (+30% of your magical power) damage and decreasing enemy vision by half for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6/3.0 seconds. Applies Darkness. Cooldown: 5 seconds.

By decreasing enemy vision, I mean the overall vision they can see on the minimap, and the distance from which they can see enemy units. It's not that debilitating of a debuff.

Enemies afflicted with Darkness are revealed to all allies.

2: Fade to Black: Erebus slowly siphons the light in the surrounding area (25-foot radius), slowly darkening the enemy player's screen until it is completely black, where it slowly reverts to normal. The entire process lasts 6 seconds, 3 seconds to turn black, and 3 seconds to return. (Of course, the first and last seconds don't really affect the player much, so it's really a 4 second debuff.) Unlike Ra's ability, this one does not slow automatically, but it affect players regardless if they are looking at him or not. Cooldown: 14 seconds.

Enemies afflicted with Darkness are slowed by 20% for the duration.

3: Darkness' Embrace: Erebus gains a 30-foot radius aura of darkness. Enemies within the radius are pulled toward Erebus and slowed by 20%, and lose 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5% of their maximum health (+8% of your magical power) per second. The aura lasts 5 seconds. Does NOT apply Darkness. Cooldown: 18 seconds.

Enemies with Darkness lose double the amount of health per second.

4: Endless Night: Erebus shrouds the entire map in darkness. Enemy map vision is halved, and they lose all map and ally vision for 6 seconds. Allies can see enemies through walls, through any distance.

Enemies with Darkness are slowed by 25% and silenced for the duration.

Cooldown: 90/85/80/75/70 seconds.

Note: His kit revolves around his Paint it Black to apply Darkness to an enemy, then using an appropriate ability at the right moment to constantly harass them with annoying CC. But Erebus is not exactly a high-damage god.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 20, 2013 8:08am | Report
My concept is mainly articulated around avoid damages rather than 'tanking' damages. It's why he has no Hard CC, a lower Base Health and lower HP5, a lower Physical Protection, no heavy damaging abilities and an utility Ult.

Quoted:

Is this not one of the CC's principles?

I'm not against any subjection to improve my kit but actually you just don't care about my core concept and you create a totally different one.

You have a weird definition of OP. You claimed that my Passive is, but the fact to add an Ares's ult as a common ability isn't?

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 20, 2013 2:48pm | Report
There is no CC besides stunning and mesmerizing that can completely shut down an enemy god.

Silencing is limited in effectiveness, especially on physical gods. Mesmerizing ends when the target is damaged in any way.

This "CC" of yours is like stunning, only it applies to every single ability you have, and is in fact the core concept of your god.

Ares' stun is highly avoidable, easy to counter, and it has a 90 second cooldown since it is a freaking ultimate. You're giving Erebus a CC that shuts down an enemy entirely, like a stun, and applies it with an ability.

Erebus blinks in, casts Fade to Black. Enemies in a huge radius are rendered helpless for 2 seconds. Cue best initiation in the game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }