Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMOCT13] Erebus, Primordial God of Darkness

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMOCT13] Erebus, Primordial God of Darkness 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 18, 2013 6:29am | Report

Erebus, Primordial God of Darkness

Greek Pantheon

Main Concept: a melee magical Guardian who will defend others and himself by several Crowd Control but with a new one: the Blind. Blind makes basic attacks and abilities to miss for a duration.

APPEARANCE

LORE

Quoted:
In Greek mythology, Erebus, also Erebos ( "deep darkness, shadow"), was often conceived as a primordial deity, representing the personification of darkness; for instance, Hesiod's Theogony places him as one of the first five beings to come into existence, born from Chaos.[1] Erebus features little in Greek mythological tradition and literature, but is said to have fathered several other deities with Nyx; depending on the source of the mythology, this union includes Aether, Hemera, the Hesperides, Hypnos, the Moirai, Geras, Styx, Charon, and Thanatos.

Wikipedia.

SUMMARY

Type: Melee, Magical

Role: Guardian

Pros: High Crowd Control, High Defense

DETAILS

Health: 485 (+85)
Mana: 200 (+35)
Speed: 365
Range: 12
Attack/Sec: 0.86 (+0.01)

Power

Magical: 0(+0)
Physical: 0(+0)

Protection

Magical: 30 (+0.9)
Physical: 18 (+3)

Regen

HP5: 7 (+0.7)
MP5: 4 (+0.38)

ABILITIES

Passive: Elusive Darkness

Ability: Buff
Affects: Self

Every time Erebus hit an enemy god with one of his ability, he will avoid a damage's amount of the next enemy God's basic attack or damaging ability against him. Every time this occurs, the next avoidance efficiency is halved. When Erebus doesn't cast an ability for a certain time or when the efficiency reaches its lower value, it resets to the Maximum efficiency.

Maximum efficiency: 100%
Minimum efficiency: 25%
Time to return to Maximum efficiency: 20s
Duration: 3s

Comment: Buff longs 3s but fades when a basic attack or an damaging ability is directed against Erebus.

Feedback: While the buff is active, a shadow turns around Erebus. Higher is the efficiency, higher is the shadow.

Ability 1: Paint it black

Ability: Cone
Affects: Enemy
Damage: Magical

Erebus propagates darkness in a cone in front of him, damaging and slowing enemies.

Damage: 80/140/180/220/260 (+50% of your magical power)
Slow: 20%
Slow Duration: 5s

Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
Cooldown: 12s

Ability 2: Fade to black

Ability: Area
Radius: 15

Erebus casts a dark veil around him, damaging and blinding nearby foes.

Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+50% of your magical power)
Blind: next basic attack or ability will miss
Duration: 2s

Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Cooldown: 18s

Feedback for blinded Gods: Black smudges on screen

Ability 3: Dark Embrace

Ability: Line

Erebus concentrates darkness in a giant arm. If this arm hit a enemy God, both are pulled to each other, then the enemy God is rooted.

Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% of your magical power)
Root Duration: .5s

Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
Cooldown: 14s

Comment: Both Gods travel the same distance. Basically, they join to the middle point. I really think that Erebus need a gap closer at least to initiate battle.

Ultimate: Alone in the Dark

Ability: Area
Affects: God
Radius: 35

Darkness spreads around Erebus, creating an obscure mist that follows him but which does not block normal movement. Enemy Gods who are inside the area can only interact with others Gods who also are in it. Enemy Gods who are outside the area can only interact with them by entering in the spot. While activated, Erebus' passive ignores the efficiency diminution.

Mist Lifetime: 4/5/6/7/8s

Cost: 100
Cooldown: 90s

Comment: Enemy Global Ultimates do affect Gods in the mist if and only if the Enemy God who cast it was in the mist as well (in this case the Global Ult don't affect Gods outside the mist). Moreover, Enemy Gods like Thor, Apollo etc. can't ground target the mist area.

Feel free to comment.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 18, 2013 11:42pm | Report
I like this! Let's talk about it:

Passive: I like it, the block seems very good as he is a guardian. Although it seems to only give you a big amount of mana in the late game, where mana isn't that needed by most gods. Maybe increase the mana gain so that it is more useful in the early game?

Ability 1: Perfect.

Ability 2: There IS blind in the game already (Ra's second ability has one), and it makes your screen white (although in this case it should be black), but you still hit with attacks. As Smkite is a third person Moba, the fact that you have to aim makes the covered screen enough.

Ability 3: This is a bit hard to understand, let me see if I got it right. You blink, and for a short duration you can move through enemies, damaging and slowing them? Is that right?

Ultimate: YES! I LOVE IT! It makes me think of Pearl's ultimate from Heroes of Newerth and I LOVED the idea of that ability . Although you could make this ability affect enemies inside as well, like damaging them, slowing them, whatever, 'cause right now they can just walk straight in and everything is fine. Although I LOVE the idea!

Final Thoughts: I think you should make one of his basic abilities have a harder type of cc (mezmorize/stun/fear e.t.c.) or buff allies in some way, to make him more of a guardian. Do that and he'll be PERFECT. ^^

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 4:13am | Report
Passive: This is a superior version of Athena's Preemptive Strike, and it can block abilities as well as basic attacks. Just...no. If it was usable only once in a period of time, it'd be fine, but the ability to make yourself virtually unassailable for a few seconds is ridiculous.

The entire "blind" status effect is utterly ridiculous. You're talking about a status effect that prevents enemies from dealing any damage. It's basically a stun that doesn't lock them in place, and you're giving it as an ability with a 14 second cooldown. With cooldown items, this is 8.4 seconds. If you constantly keep this up, you will make them helpless 1/4 of the time. Broken. Just broken.

And you just gave a tank a teleport. Congrats. You gave him combat blink as an escape. This is NOT balanced.

I don't get the ultimate either. It doesn't deal damage, but just prevents enemy gods from affecting whatever's on the inside. What's so debilitating about that? Melee gods literally lose nothing against this, and I can only see this being cast defensively.

There are only a few situations where this would come in handy, and against anything else, it's useless. It's useless if Odin uses his ult, it's useless if Ra slows and laser beams you to death, and its useless if Artemis comes out of nowhere, stuns and cripples you, and shoots your face to death.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 4:44am | Report
Hi, Thanks for your feedbacks.

Passive: I may rework the mana regen.

Ability 2: Actually, it's not a real blind, the player can see what's going on around him. The blacks smudges are only there to warrant him that his next basic attacks or abilities will miss.

Ability 3: To be concise. After his blinks, every time Erebus will touch a target , he will damaging him and snare him. I hope this is clearer.

I may change this ability. I will think about it.

Ult: I thought about adding a snare, but I fears that the Ult becomes too powerful. I might add some additional effects if people are sharing your opinion.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 19, 2013 5:10am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

And you just gave a tank a teleport. Congrats. You gave him combat blink as an escape. This is NOT balanced.

It is balanced if it is one of the god's abilities, as long as it is on a fairly long cooldown. Also, the fact that Erebus is a tank makes it ok if it is a blink, as he is not the most important god in your team, like a ADC or mage.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 19, 2013 5:11am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I don't get the ultimate either. It doesn't deal damage, but just prevents enemy gods from affecting whatever's on the inside. What's so debilitating about that? Melee gods literally lose nothing against this, and I can only see this being cast defensively.

There are only a few situations where this would come in handy, and against anything else, it's useless. It's useless if Odin uses his ult, it's useless if Ra slows and laser beams you to death, and its useless if Artemis comes out of nowhere, stuns and cripples you, and shoots your face to death.

If I understood right, it is like Pearl's ultimate from Heroes of Newerth. Look it up on Youtube or something, it is a REALLY useful support ultimate.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 5:16am | Report
What terrifies me about this god is his ability to be a deadly mage. His abilities all have good scaling, he has an escape, the ability to make himself unattackable without relying on defense at all, and fairly short cooldowns.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 19, 2013 6:28am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

His abilities all have good scaling and fairly short cooldowns.

True.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 6:33am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Passive: This is a superior version of Athena's Preemptive Strike, and it can block abilities as well as basic attacks. Just...no. If it was usable only once in a period of time, it'd be fine, but the ability to make yourself virtually unassailable for a few seconds is ridiculous.

The entire "blind" status effect is utterly ridiculous. You're talking about a status effect that prevents enemies from dealing any damage. It's basically a stun that doesn't lock them in place, and you're giving it as an ability with a 14 second cooldown. With cooldown items, this is 8.4 seconds. If you constantly keep this up, you will make them helpless 1/4 of the time. Broken. Just broken.

Firstly Buddy, can you be less offensive in your messages, thanks.

Passive: It's not a perma buff. It longs few sec. The buff fades after the first basic attack or ability against Erebus. Erebus won't evade all attacks during the duration.

Blind is not more powerful than a silence.

For the blink, this not a instant cast and the range is slightly longer than Hercule's dash.

Actually the main utility of this ultimate is to set a ambush an enemy and to isolate him of his friends. It can be use defensively as well to protect an ally or Erebus himself of global ult or long range ult for instance.

Ra ult can only hit you if you are both in the mist. But I will remind you that after using a ability Erebus is protected by his passive.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 19, 2013 7:16am | Report
Edit:

Ability 1: Magical contribution reduced to 50%
Ability 2: cooldown increased to 16s

outlawing

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }