Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why the Arachne bans lately?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why the Arachne bans lately? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 22, 2014 6:18am | Report
What did I miss? Did she get a buff or something? Why in ranked games are we seeing Arachne as first ban? Are people really that scared of her?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 22, 2014 7:13am | Report
before her nerf yes she was very scary since she was the god that pretty much noone could beat early game but now she is just not good enough early and her late game is still pretty bad.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 22, 2014 9:14am | Report
A normally skilled Ara can easily win a game in solo queue. She is still really strong early to mid game and with the recent change to her passive it makes here better late game, but you still want to win before you get to late game ofc. Because she is still **** late game.

I jungle most of the time and there is noting worse than a good Ara when it comes to solo queue. She invades your jungle 24/7 and makes you fall behind while she ganks all over the place, it kills moral and everyone starts playing the blamegame instead of Smite and it most of the time ends with a early F6 or a that you end up with a team that snowballs out of control and just rapes you in teamfights.

But a bad Ara is just a joke though :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 22, 2014 3:11pm | Report
Arachne can utterly dominate the enemy jungler from level 1 to level 20. The only god who I think even possibly counters her is Guan Yu, and even then, Arachne can beat him by simply kicking his *** in a level 1 invasion.

That's the biggest problem: her strength at level one.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 22, 2014 3:26pm | Report
The most annoying thing about her is that even if you beat her early game as jungle, odds are she'll just end up trading with you constantly later on. Some jungles are exempt from that, just don't take Bakasura, lol. Even with Weakening Curse for 0% lifesteal, she'll copy your active and get one too so neither of you can lifesteal.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 23, 2014 12:02pm | Report
But, thats ALWAYS been Arachne. Why is she all of a sudden starting to be banned during Ranked play?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 23, 2014 12:06pm | Report
I don't know...late game her pull is an awesome initiation. If she nabs someone, they are dead. At the very least, it'll force the enemy team to 'waste' an item on the magi cowl.

Similar to how Ares can force people to buy beads instead of an active they may like more.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 23, 2014 2:04pm | Report
mellojoe wrote:

But, thats ALWAYS been Arachne. Why is she all of a sudden starting to be banned during Ranked play?

Maybe she's getting more popular suddenly?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » January 23, 2014 3:12pm | Report
Probably fear and paranoia that someone is going to take Arachne and that someone might just be good with her. There's also the possibility that someone might be bad at Arachne, pick her, and wind up feeding, so they ban her to prevent that possibility.

All you really need to crush Arachne like the bug she is, is bring Loki. Catch her by surprise with an ult, and she's a goner.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 23, 2014 3:37pm | Report
League is solo queue, where communication is slow. Arachne thrives under those locations, as shutting her down early with a group is the only way to stop her from stomping over your team.

Her biggesst problem is that her Cocoon has zero counterplay besides buying magi's blessing, and even then, you're probably dead since her ult recharges in 30 seconds or less. A competent Arachne can gank with literally NO way to stop it, which is why she is extremely scary.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }