Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The one who nox patch notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The one who nox patch notes 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 24, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Here they are...

Great patch, happy with all changes, ESPECIALLY Wukong and Tyr changes. Comment your thoughts below.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 1:37pm | Report
I feel like Hel absolutely did not need that buff, as it's going to just be an absolute spam fest. If you thought hel was hard to face in assault, it's instant GGWP now.

But it's a meh patch, most of the changes were miniscule. I can get behind some of them though, nothing sticks out as bad aside from Hel's to me.

(If anyone says Hel isn't OP that's fine, it's a personal bias. I simply don't like her. Sorry TT)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 24, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Nox looks bad-***, and I might start playing again just to play the now good support sun :P

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 24, 2014 1:42pm | Report
@radishbbgrl - Came here to talk about the Hel buff. It's interesting that Hel has not had a single change in patch notes for quite a while, so I assume that means HiRez feels she's in a good place. The buff is actually a revert - before her change in October of 2013, there was no lock for casting spells when switching stances. It will be interesting to play her again next time I open up Smite, it's certainly going to make her feel more responsive and is a much better change than buffing damage values.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 24, 2014 1:45pm | Report
Nox has ****ty damage... hopefully they buff her a tad, she seems kinda weak :c
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 24, 2014 1:47pm | Report
You kidding me? Free casts, good survivability with the shield, and the ability to lock down casters like crazy makes her a great counter pick. Also, that double-damage AoE is not "low damage" :P

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 1:52pm | Report

@radishbbgrl - Came here to talk about the Hel buff. It's interesting that Hel has not had a single change in patch notes for quite a while, so I assume that means HiRez feels she's in a good place. The buff is actually a revert - before her change in October of 2013, there was no lock for casting spells when switching stances. It will be interesting to play her again next time I open up Smite, it's certainly going to make her feel more responsive and is a much better change than buffing damage values.

I know but it's going to literally be 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 in the span of about .6 seconds. I know that's not actually true because there are situational spells but the point is she's just gonna be a faceroll spammer...I feel like all stance-type champions/gods/heroes/etc in any game should have a bigger delay unless the spells are very specifically tied together like Nidalee's spear-pounce or something.

Idek.

I'm just infuriated from playing 4 straight assault matches against hel :P
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 24, 2014 2:09pm | Report
Very happy with the SWK buff. I feel like it could be higher than 20%, but it's still gr8.

Also, anyone else notice the Breaking Bad reference in the patch notes?

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 6:25pm | Report
She's a control mage that has barely any CC or control abilities, and instead has durability. I don't think HiRez understands what control mage means. Isis and Aphrodite are better control mages than her.

Also, her damage is incredibly weak outside of using her silence. So in other words, you're going to be 2-3 combing just like every other smite god. Do they honestly have to make every single champion in this game combo-based?

I don't like her ultimate, because it deals about the same damage as a Nu Wa ultimate, only with multiple proc's. It's also a burst skill disguised as a control skill. Tell me, when people get hooked on this thing, how would most people react?

They'd use an escape to get away, breaking the link since you have no mobility to chase. So it might as well deal 300/320/340/360/380 damage +150% of your magical power. Ah, and I don't like the base damage scaling, either. It's an incredibly awful way to encourage players to level this after their basic abilities.

Don't really care about other changes.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 24, 2014 7:39pm | Report
I assume Tyr heals 4 times then now???

It says Tyr heals twice from the first enemy hit (Which is two heals or double heal?)

Then it says AND ONCE MORE for each ADDITION ENEMY up to 3 max.

So does this mean he gets 4 Heals technically???

I assume that's what it means.

#1 Will help when he is facing single target

#2 Allows him to heal more in general

#3 All of my yes

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }