Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite's Most Creative Ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite's Most Creative Ideas 32 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 31, 2014 6:00am | Report
Hmm, creative ideas...

Personally, I don't think there aren't many outstandingly creative ideas in Smite. I think it might be due to both the fact that Hi-Rez is rather lazy and unimaginative with there designs and also because the fact that Smite's game mechanics doesn't allow for many creative ideas.
There are definitely ideas that I very much think are cool though, and here are some...

Thor: Very innovative on his release. He was the first to do this high up in the sky global perspective that many gods have nowadays. That's really the main thing which he brought, but when that first came out, we were all in awe in that ability. They used that mechanic too fast unfortunately. They saturated their usage for that ability fast.

Ne Zha: Once again, his ultimate, while really damn easy to get max damage, is really cool. It's a minigame in an ultimate, meaning it's more than just fire and forget. Really cool if you ask me.

Cabrakan: Might just be me, but I feel that Cabrakan is actually really cool in design. His abilities were actually relatively original in the sense that while there are similarities between some abilities, a lot of what he has doesn't have many similarities in the game. Note the word many.

Cupid: Once again, someone original for his time. This was mainly due to the introduction of mesmerise through Cupid. I am not aware of any MOBA having a CC that functioned like mesmerise (closest one is Naga Siren's sleep CC from DotA in terms of how it is used), so for Hi-Rez create a relatively original form of CC is very good on their part. Hi-Rez was also good on not overdoing the use of mesmerise on different god kits.

Geb: Once again, introduced some pretty cool things to Smite. His shield was the first of its kind in Smite, albeit it incredibly overtuned for an incredibly long time. Additionally, his Roll Out is a really cool ability, one of the most fun in the game. Geb was a really fun design from Hi-Rez.

In the end, Hi-Rez's balance for MOBAs isn't the greatest, but the purpose of a game is to make sure the player has fun, and the god ideas can easily allow us to achieve a good level of enjoyment.

EDIT: Jesus, how did I forget Janus? Janus' portal mechanics are really damn cool, and perhaps one of the instances where Hi-Rez uses their defining feature incredibly well. The portal usage is one thing that provides an experience that no other MOBA can effectively replicate. It's definitely one of the much cooler ideas in Smite.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 31, 2014 7:03am | Report
Focus...... lol

Well, it's creative but not good

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }