Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm addicted to cooldown reduction.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I'm addicted to cooldown reduction. 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » October 8, 2013 12:19pm | Report
No matter what god I'm playing, I almost always get either Breastplate of Valor on tanks or cdr shoes on everyone else. I never, ever take penetration shoes over cdr shoes.

a large part of it is that Valor is just such a great item. mana for early game longevity, phys defense for any assassins that might try to gank you, and of course sweet, sweet cdr. I sometime even take Valor on dps gods if there's a loki or some other physical threat that's being particularly troublesome.

speaking of breastplate of valor, could we possibly get a magic defense version of it? that would be just swell.

note: I pretty much only play arena. I'm not sure how different things are in conquest.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » October 8, 2013 12:22pm | Report
I too have this addiction, especially on mages, though I do tend to focus on cooldown items with assassins after I've gotten what I consider the essentials.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 8, 2013 2:08pm | Report
Me too .On most of the mages I usually start with Shoes of the Magi and then Chronos' Pendant as my 2nd item for cooldown .It makes spamming gods like Chang'e or Ao Kuang even more annoying and Zeus get much more "detonates" .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 8, 2013 7:13pm | Report
Always have been always will be. CDRAnonymous anyone?
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 8, 2013 7:21pm | Report
I'm in the same boat. With every mage but Chronos and Freya (both auto attackers) I usually pick up 2 of the three: Chronos' Pendant, Shoes of Focus, or Breastplate of Valor
I mean if mages are based around spells, and you only have the CD's to get off one rotation in a teamfight, it's iffy. More spells = more damage AND utility, not just simply more damage.

On any melee I'll usually try to get at least one of them. Assassins it's usually Hydra's Lament or Ninja Tabi, on bruisers I may even get Jotunn's Wrath.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » October 8, 2013 7:25pm | Report
my prayers have been answered! We're getting a magic defense version of Valor! Huzzah!

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » October 8, 2013 8:20pm | Report
Whenever I play Athena, I build both Shoes of Focus and Breastplate of Valor. Max cooldown, I can pop Defender of Olympus every 54 seconds.

I absolutely love CDR.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 8, 2013 11:44pm | Report
What happens if you get 100% CDR? Get all the CDR items. And if my math's not wrong. It would 100%+ CDR. Is that even possible? Or would the game not let you and would just have a limit even if you have all the CDR items?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » October 9, 2013 12:13am | Report
The cap is 40% maddanny so ant cdr after that 40 will be wasted!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » October 9, 2013 12:38am | Report
I also take CDR on EVRY god.

Jothuns Wrath is the best pen item PLUS the CDR
Breastplate is a great Mana giver early game, nice def and awesome 25% CDR
I don`t like Chrono`s pendandt thou. On Ao Kuang and Ra I always get the Breastplate (on He Bo maybe too) and it deals a great dmgbuff for Ao Kuang because of his passive!

CDR!!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }