Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hou Yi: Good or Bad? (Discussion)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hou Yi: Good or Bad? (Discussion) 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 29, 2015 11:24am | Report
Well geno yeah they are going to ( Anhur appollo and Rama will get a nerf to their clearing skill in bigger mana cost (and appollo and rama also in every enemy hit will take less damage).

With the switch of the blue buff in the duo lane to an AS buff (and speed buff will only give MS now). this will wreck wave clearing skills

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 29, 2015 12:23pm | Report
Every other hunter has some sort of steroid (except neith but she's got a LOT of cc to make for it) while Hou Yi lacks it. AMC has his attack speed and ms and sustain, hell, even cupid has an attack speed buff, Xbalanque's got his passive and Branching Bolas. HY's steroid from his mark is on a single target AND on a long cooldown.

His stun is good, but it takes so much to set it up while an Anhur can Impale -> basics -> Desert Fury before HY's 1 can even charge. The knock-up (or knock-back, hell, I got bored with him after 2 matches) is ok, his ult is pathetic, the fact that only his marked target gets slowed makes it less scary then, I don't know, AMC's passive...

His mark is great at tracking enemy movements though and the % damage is welcome, sadly is only single target.

What I think he needs (or could use):

Make the % damage from his 2 his passive and his passive his 2 (unable to be crit).

Make his 1 insta-charged.

Give his 3 full mobility now that he's no longer banished during it.

Give his ult a soft slow to all enemies in it, medium slow to his marked target, maybe cripple.

Not all of them, of course!

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 29, 2015 4:10pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Well geno yeah they are going to ( Anhur appollo and Rama will get a nerf to their clearing skill in bigger mana cost (and appollo and rama also in every enemy hit will take less damage).

With the switch of the blue buff in the duo lane to an AS buff (and speed buff will only give MS now). this will wreck wave clearing skills

Looks like Transcendence is the new Devourer's Gloves
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » January 30, 2015 2:33am | Report

Transendence is quite under-rated IMO [like book of thoth,] it gives the best physical attack in the game and gives you great crits. I'd be happy to see it become popular finally. :D

As for Hou Yi my only real worry is that his escape is quite poor now, I think [as others have said] it needs to get more mobility to bring him in line with other ADCs.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 30, 2015 10:45am | Report

yeah or the crit build chances a lot as the lifesteal is something that you will need for duelling. so maybe the crit build will shift to removing titans and replace it with exe and put trans on the original exe spot (or remove titan and put trans somewhere in between)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 31, 2015 5:47am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

Transendence is quite under-rated IMO [like book of thoth,] it gives the best physical attack in the game and gives you great crits. I'd be happy to see it become popular finally. :D

As for Hou Yi my only real worry is that his escape is quite poor now, I think [as others have said] it needs to get more mobility to bring him in line with other ADCs.

Book of Toth isnt underrated, it is in the most core builds for players that play ranked.
Just look at tiermonster.

Transendence wasnt used because it just got usefull in late game.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » January 31, 2015 7:40am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Book of Toth isnt underrated, it is in the most core builds for players that play ranked.
Just look at tiermonster.

Transendence wasnt used because it just got usefull in late game.

The only God I tend to see it on is kukulkhan, really. I'd say Warlocks is far more common, or atleast it seems that way to me.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2015 8:09am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

The only God I tend to see it on is kukulkhan, really. I'd say Warlocks is far more common, or atleast it seems that way to me.

and here we have one of the big diferences between ranked and casual.

It's a bit of personal preference but in most cases is toth better because of the 3% as power from the passive

Warlock's sash: at max stacks (100) the item will give you: 110 magical power, 600 health, 400 mana.

Book of Thoth: at max stacks (75) the item will give you: +100 magical power, +875 mana, +15 mp5 PLUS the 3% from the passive

also book is stacked sooner then warlock.

In mid I would sooner go for toth and in solo sooner for warlock

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » January 31, 2015 8:36am | Report
Devampi wrote:

and here we have one of the big diferences between ranked and casual.

It's a bit of personal preference but in most cases is toth better because of the 3% as power from the passive

Warlock's sash: at max stacks (100) the item will give you: 110 magical power, 600 health, 400 mana.

Book of Thoth: at max stacks (75) the item will give you: +100 magical power, +875 mana, +15 mp5 PLUS the 3% from the passive

also book is stacked sooner then warlock.

In mid I would sooner go for toth and in solo sooner for warlock

I agree entirely, but casual is more common than ranked and Warlock's is more common than Thoth despite the fact that Thoth is great - hence why it's under-rated.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 31, 2015 9:08am | Report
Romanians wrote:

Every other hunter has some sort of steroid (except neith but she's got a LOT of cc to make for it) while Hou Yi lacks it. AMC has his attack speed and ms and sustain, hell, even cupid has an attack speed buff, Xbalanque's got his passive and Branching Bolas. HY's steroid from his mark is on a single target AND on a long cooldown.

His stun is good, but it takes so much to set it up while an Anhur can Impale -> basics -> Desert Fury before HY's 1 can even charge. The knock-up (or knock-back, hell, I got bored with him after 2 matches) is ok, his ult is pathetic, the fact that only his marked target gets slowed makes it less scary then, I don't know, AMC's passive...

His mark is great at tracking enemy movements though and the % damage is welcome, sadly is only single target.

What I think he needs (or could use):

Make the % damage from his 2 his passive and his passive his 2 (unable to be crit).

Make his 1 insta-charged.

Give his 3 full mobility now that he's no longer banished during it.

Give his ult a soft slow to all enemies in it, medium slow to his marked target, maybe cripple.

Not all of them, of course!

Bro, Mark of the Golden Crow. That's a good steroid. The cooldown is 18s but the mark lasts 15s. That means 1 on 1, you'll have only 3s of no steroid every 15s. That steroid is only matched by hunters which have in-built steroids.

The problem with Divebomb is that there's a delay when you land. You're in the same spot for .5s or so which makes this "escape" a bit unreliable.

Sunbreaker does have a situational slow already, I think that's spot on. His ult can dish out tons of damage if you take 4 out of 9 of the arrows.

Fully agree with you his Ricochet should be insta-charged.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }