Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods are NOT balanced!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods are NOT balanced! 45 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 8, 2013 5:40am | Report
Some gods are bad at early game but op at late. That's how mobas work really. Some are made for fast wins and some for late. A god can be op if fed properly. But really. I don't see any opness in any god right now. Maybe a bit for loki. But that's just because I mostly play mage or support lol.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by uTridentu » August 8, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Xareth wrote:

Loki is not super OP, not even close.

List of SUPER OP gods atm:

Hel
Sobek
Guan Yu
Ymir
He Bo

Imo that's about it. Hercules is tearin it up, but who knows if people just don't know how to play him yet. Loki needs to be ahead or gets dumped on. I focus Loki and the rest of defensively weak gods (Zeus, He Bo, Ao, Artemis, Hel, Freya, etc.) and they can't do much. I played Loki exclusively when he was first released, but he's just too squishy. He needs to be played really well with extremely well played and coordinated support in order to really be effective. If you shut him down a few times he'll be struggling to catch up. I think Loki actually needed that slight buff in order to make him more viable.

Guan Yu? Hel? This list honestly sucks, if you pin down guan yu he's dead specially if he takes a little curve to ap items,
Hel has got huge nerfs and she is pretty much beast if you know how to play... problem is, she has no dash and her spells are skillshots so even if she is op... you still must hit the target.

I'd totally add Freya and Zeus on the list, they can do those both speed items and melt people down... Freya's ult makes ANY ult useless, she is pretty much the magical Loki, hit 2 buttons and rape people around (sowy for word but eh...) overral i think they deserve some serious nerfs, and i'm not talking about scaling, Loki could have a awareness level on his stealth (the closer you get to enemies there is a higher chance for them to locate you). For Freya honestly... give her ult higher cooldown and reduce her abilites scaling (slightly until it becomes acceptable)

uTridentu

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zamochy » August 8, 2013 1:38pm | Report
Anything before page 4 is from January to April. Some of those gods are probably not as OP now as they once were.

Zamochy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » August 10, 2013 10:16am | Report
Tyr is overpowered in my opinion , especially since he is branded "Low Damage" .He is supposed to have low damage , not kill people with 3-4 hits .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 10, 2013 9:23pm | Report
If hel is OP then every other god in the game is more OP then hel.

why?

1. She has no escape.
2. She has less burst damage then any other mage in the game because she has no ult. Yes, she out DPSes SOME mages if their ults are down BUT if their ults are up she has less burst damage. And burst kills.
3. While she heals and does decent damage at close range... it is close range. And she's squishy and has poor mobility and no real CC. Yes she has a very weak snare but compare that to most mages and you'll find she has no knock up, no stun, no silence, no mesmerize, no pull.

Compare hel to Isis... isis has more speed, more burst damage, more range, and FAR more CC. What does hel have? More healing... which doesn't matter since isis will just burst her down before she can proc it.

Hel is good if the player is good and her enemies are garbage cans. Or if hel is good and her team makes a point of protecting the **** out of her while the enemy team fails utterly at sniping her. But that's the thing. She's very easy to kill and can't really defend herself. Fenrir or loki for example can kill her at will and there is really nothing she can do about it.

Some might say "oh she can get armor!"... well yes. However, that means her damage and heals are garbage. Her base damage and heals are not credible late game. She has to get heavy duty Magic Power items for her abilities to be relevant late game. Which means not going tank. She can go bruiser but bruiser hel is going to drop to a fenrir or loki. She doesn't have the HP to deal with that damage output unless she gets lot of survivability items... and then again... she's just dead weight.

What does Hel counter? The same thing hel has always countered... Poke tactics. Hel wins at poking. If she hits you and you don't kill her for it... then she won that exchange. She can poke you and regen pretty much indefinitely. Which is why a competent player doesn't let hel touch them unless they're going to kill her immediately. Pretty much every god in the game has either the ability to stay out of hel's range or kill her outright with ease... or both. Agni can bomb her with impunity. Loki can jump on her head. Hebo can water spout her with impunity. etc. What is hel going to do if anhur jumps on her face and pins her to a wall while she's still stunned from the leap's knock up? Her only recourse is to dodge these attacks. Which while possible is not sustainable. And if she fails to dodge ANY of them... it pretty much means instant death against a competent player.

There are a lot of OP gods in this game. Poor hel with her hugely nerfed cool downs, garbage burst, and no survivability? Not on the list.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }