Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Giving away my account(s) so I can't come back.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Giving away my account(s) so I can't come back. 38 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by spare145 » June 30, 2014 3:35am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I just wanna say that it's pretty sad that you need to give your account away for you to stop playing smite. It's not hard to just uninstall it.

I did uninstall it, but I find myself installing it again when I have nothing better to do. Though giving my account away was a good gesture. Though it seems instead it has made me a target for attack by the community. Instead I could've changed my password to some randomly generated password and the account would be lost forever.

spare145

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » June 30, 2014 3:37am | Report
Oh ya. Read that last post. I edited it.

But ya. Don't get offended. People are used to the items being few. Smite is fun. Don't let the rest of us get you down just because we think your build isn't right. Not like that's the end of the world. I bet if you did the same with other moba's like LoL and Dota 2. They'd be all over you. So really. Don't expect people to agree with you sometimes? Just take what you can and move on? Or something.

I hate seeing people getting pissed off just because of an idea of theirs gets criticized. It's stupid imo.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by spare145 » June 30, 2014 3:44am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Oh ya. Read that last post. I edited it.

But ya. Don't get offended. People are used to the items being few. Smite is fun. Don't let the rest of us get you down just because we think your build isn't right. Not like that's the end of the world. I bet if you did the same with other moba's like LoL and Dota 2. They'd be all over you. So really. Don't expect people to agree with you sometimes? Just take what you can and move on? Or something.

I hate seeing people getting pissed off just because of an idea of theirs gets criticized. It's stupid imo.

Don't come back and pretend to make peace with me after deliberately provoking me. I did play DOTA 2 for a while, and the only thing that kept me playing that game was that the reporting system actually did something. It was incredibly satisfying logging in to see that someone has been muted for harassing you last game. Also, give-away is over. I don't want to deal with anyone else coming in to attack me.

spare145

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » June 30, 2014 3:48am | Report
I don't care if you found my first post bad. And you don't see my other posts friendly. As long as you read them. That's how you should treat the internet. Not to seriously and not to personally.

Hope your okay. Just don't let people like us get to you so much. Someone argues about your idea. After a few posts and they dont agree with you. Just ignore them. You'll just make yourself feel way worse (and you probably did.) if you keep continuing. Trust me. I know.

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 30, 2014 3:49am | Report
spare145 wrote:

Don't come back and pretend to make peace with me after deliberately provoking me. I did play DOTA 2 for a while, and the only thing that kept me playing that game was that the reporting system actually did something. It was incredibly satisfying logging in to see that someone has been muted for harassing you last game. Also, give-away is over. I don't want to deal with anyone else coming in to attack me.

What, you're gonna give your SMF account away too now -_-

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » June 30, 2014 3:50am | Report
penta shut up.

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 30, 2014 3:51am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

penta shut up.

I'm just having some fun

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 30, 2014 10:20am | Report
All I've got to say, is several people absolutely showed much evidence, as well as reasoning, to why you build full power, you just elected to ignore it on some occasions. And every time I said both can work, it's based on playstyle and neither is wrong, you ignored it. But that's for another topic, I'll stay on point.

I hope you find a game that interests you better with less ragers, since it seems your regrettable smite experience was ruined by the players you encountered, not the game. Sadly, most of the MOBAs seem to be like that...LoL can be fun but can be just as toxic, HoN is KNOWN for its toxicity, and I'm not sure how DOTA is but I know it's ridiculously elitist. It's a shame. But I hope you find a game you fit better in, while still doing as well as you did in smite.

On the giveaway topic, I'm not sure if you're going to find much success here, since most of the users on the site are users because they have accounts and know what they're doing. Most of the viewers, who don't have accounts, are newish and would accept, but would have to create an account. So pm's might be a little rare for this subject. But maybe someone else will offer.

Anyway, good luck in your travels sir.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » June 30, 2014 11:30am | Report
Wait, you're quitting Smite because of a forum disagreement? Seriously? -_-

Just go play a few games of ranked and you'll get much worse than that thread.
I think all you need to do is accept that opinions don't equal fact and agree to disagree with others. If your build is working for you, great, keep doing it. Why should you care if others don't agree or like it?

The fact that you keep coming back to Smite means you don't want to quit. I've played maybe 3 times in 3 months, simply because of how frustrated I become with players, still watch a fair bit of it on streams though.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » June 30, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Although it's nice that you're giving away your hard work (and maybe money invested in the game) for free, this may be wrong, you never know when you might want to try Smite again and you'll have to start over and deal with low level players all over again.

Bad players or simply players who have got a different opinion on builds are not a reason to quit this amazing game, but hey, it's not me quitting it, I'm just saying, give it a second thought when the anger is gone.

About your previous thread...

Trying to find some friendly people to play with every match will make Smite much more enjoyable, even if your friends aren't that good, it's more fun overall.
Playing in a party at all times made all the rage long forgotten for me, try it out.

P.S. Not meant to be an offensive post, by the way.

Romanians

Established (17)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }