Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

GG

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » GG 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vladdrago » December 14, 2014 2:59pm | Report
I just want to know, why do people just quit and leave their team. DO any of you have any stories or theories. More importantly however there is a person who appears here very frequently who did this and I just want to know why. Lets just say a certain anubis player.

Vladdrago

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 14, 2014 3:02pm | Report
Sometimes people rage quit, sometimes peoples' PCs or internet screws out, and sometimes people have to leave because **** comes up irl they have to deal with.

Take your pick. I have no idea when it comes to individual cases.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 14, 2014 3:10pm | Report
Because people rage and figure it's more fun to quit and stop playing than to continue with a lost game. It's when you feel the rest of your team is not worth the civility. Granted, sometimes an entire time is so toxic you'd rather just leave, but if there's a single person who isn't an *******, YOU'RE just being the ******* by leaving, lol.

I personally never ragequit. Sometimes I disconnect on very rare occassions, but never ragequit. I just can't justify leaving my team in a 4v5, because when we're on the other end of it, we know how much it sucks. Treat others how you want to be treated and all that blabla.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kadius » December 16, 2014 5:48am | Report
ICEN explain yourself...

CHECK OUT MY EREBUS GOD IDEA!

Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!

Kadius

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 17, 2014 12:36pm | Report
Kadius wrote:

ICEN explain yourself...

I'm also waiting for this

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 4:03am | Report
This seems to be a guaranteed thing nowadays. I came back to play after a while and I think out of maybe 10-11 games I played, only 1 didn't have anyone who left. There's also always "that guy" who picks a mage for duo lane or Fenrir jungle and feeds all game long too. Like, serious feeding, not a single kill. And then someone always quits right when you're finally turning the game around and wastes everyone's time.

Even worse are the people who have a bad time individually when the rest of the team is stomping and quit, crippling your chances of winning from almost certain to none at all.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 20, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

This seems to be a guaranteed thing nowadays. I came back to play after a while and I think out of maybe 10-11 games I played, only 1 didn't have anyone who left. There's also always "that guy" who picks a mage for duo lane or Fenrir jungle and feeds all game long too. Like, serious feeding, not a single kill. And then someone always quits right when you're finally turning the game around and wastes everyone's time.

Even worse are the people who have a bad time individually when the rest of the team is stomping and quit, crippling your chances of winning from almost certain to none at all.

Then you always get the do no wrong people. Who leave just because you made a mistake that hurt them. For instance when you're playing support and are dead. Then they die and it's all your fault so they can't play with someone as bad as you.

Those seem to be the most prominent. At least in my matches.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 22, 2014 2:56am | Report
? is this a troll for me or some ****? First of all say my name if it was me, because I seen someone else with Anubis profile on here before, so I am just going to post ASSUMING it was me.

Please do post a video or picture of me rage quiting for me to believe it, #1 I haven't played Anubis in forever #2 I barely ever rage quit in a match because that would result in a 30 minute penalty and my goodwill would be gone.

#3 I haven't even been on the entire day today.

#4 Out of 2 years of playing this game I probably only rage quit around 6 times.

Lastly I don't even know when this thread was started for me to even remember but I can say this.

I was playing Smite yesterday and everyone on this forum who was online, Regen, Whispers, Ferrum, ect, and all who I seen online for sure seen me *****ing about Hi-Rez servers ****ing me over yesterday.

Hi-Rez literally KICKS you out of games and its not my fault if Hi-Rez kicks me out of a game.

And its not some random made up story because I was *****ing to Regen about it yesterday and I even stopped playing the entire day because of it, I even missed out on the gems because Hi-Rez had me ****ed up.

You can ask anyone on this forum who has played games with me, have I ever DC'd??? I can't remember one time of me leaving anyone on this forum unless I TOLD them I was leaving because of a reason like I had to go help my uncle fix his computer because he kept calling my house.

*First lets explain yesterday with Hi-Rez's ********* Server*

I was playing 3v3 Joust, everything was fine, then all of a sudden I have 200+ Ping, I never get over 70 ping EVER so to have 200+ ping is almost unherd of for me NA servers.

The game eventually lagged so bad that it said "Lost connection" and everyone was running into walls. I thought to myself, the server is doing this because they are about to have maintenance.

Nope, I couldn't even exit the game, I had to open Task Manager just to EXIT SMITE.

Then I did a Google Speed test to make sure my internet was working right, I opened up youtube, facebook, ect, all of my **** was working fast and fine.

I tried to log back into Smite to re-enter the match, Smite would NOT ALLOW me even log in, it said logging in but just stayed on that page and would not even let me log in, meanwhile everyone else like Regen, Ferrum, Mad dany is playing while Hi-Rez is not allowing me to log in.

Then after like the 5th time of trying to log in, it finally lets me log in, it makes me re-join the match from before. Then the ping is still 200+ horrible as ****. After about 20 seconds I started to teleport crazy and then eventually it just KICKED ME OUT the game.

It LITERALLY KICKED ME OUT of the game, did not even give me a deserter penalty. How does that make any sense, the other players I know damn for sure are IN THE GAME still playing while Hi-Rez forces me to leave the match and play a new one????

So that is when I said in the clan chat "**** You Hi-Rez" and I was complaining that Hi-Rez server is **** and making me have high ping and forcing me to quit my match that I was winning.

So I join another 3v3 Joust, guess what, ping is still high as **** 200+ ping, I went into my brothers room asked him if he was lagging on Xbox 360 he said "No" I walked into my other brothers room and his friend was on the other Xbox 360 and even he said he wasn't lagging.

So I know its not my internet, its Hi-Rez garbage *** server or something on their game.

POINT IS

If I left a match it doesn't mean I quit on purpose or rage quit, I am sure to those people yesterday they thought I just DC'd for no reason, but in reality Hi-Rez **** server KICKED ME OUT THE GAME and forced me to not rejoin it.

I have probably rage quit like 1-2 times in the past 5 Months, I rarely even quit games, you probably cannot even find someone on this forum who has seen me quit a game while they were in it unless I told them I had to leave for something which was only like one time.

You would know if I rage quit or not if I said something.

for me to have rage quit in your match would have to mean you were the 1 out of 2 matches I actually rage quit in.

If not that means I either DC'd because Verizon was slowing my internet down that day or Hi-Rez **** server forcefully kicked me out the game.

And other people on the forum have complained about getting kicked out of matches so its not uncommon to get forcefully kicked out of a match.

Check reddit, **** like that happens weakly.

I at least get forcefully kicked out of a match ever month by Hi-Rez.

So could I have rage quit? yes, but the chances of that are so slim that you are either trolling me, making it up, or I got forcefully removed from the game.

Out of the few times I have ever raged quit I can recall the reasoning.

- Team is full of blamers, everyone is doing bad or at least I was doing bad and team wouldn't stfu and keep blaming saying something like useless "Therefor I quit since I am useless" I can recall I game I quit purposely because my team said something like useless so I purposely left so they get what they want, after all the don't need me in that match.

- Mirror match, got **** on with my own God and was having an annoying day where I just said **** playing Smite today.

Those are the only two rage quits I can think of me doing, both are extremely rare for me to ever do and the first rage quit is avoidable.

Don't blame your team for every death you have and don't say things like Useless then your team mate won't leave on purpose.

99% of the time I don't really give a **** if someone tries to blame, but I only recall one time I ever quit purposely after I had a team not shutting up and spamming that I am useless in that match I played, thus since I am useless I am going to purposely quit.

DOES THAT ANSWER ALL YOUR CONCERNS????

1-2 Rage quits per 5 Months is a pretty good K/d of Rage quits, I have played with people that DC ever 10 games and I know some of you rage quit way more than I ever could hope of doing.

So ya, if I ever raged quit in ONE or TWO games, don't come crying to me as if none of you have ever rage quit once.

I'm still not saying I actually did rage quit, I said it could have happened but the likeliness of it happening to your match is low.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 22, 2014 3:10am | Report
To be completely blunt these personal attacks - which I've noticed consistently [this was still the case months ago] which are directed at users like ICEN [he's been a focal point for as long as I can recall] shouldn't be happening. They break community guidelines and it is actually appalling that ICEN has had to come to a thread - that by rights has nothing at all to do with him - to defend himself over a ridiculous accusation.

On topic:

I don't notice many rage quits. I've only ever rage quit myself once in over a year of play. It isn't common at all. D/C however is far more common.

As for why some people might quit? If the team is really poor - and will not surrender - they are wasting time. Lots of users play MOBA's to win - they get their kick from out-playing the other team - so that fun is taken away from them when they get beaten. They then have no motivation to stay, as they aren't having fun [normally they're not enjoying it at all] so they leave. It's selfish - but I understand and sympathize with it.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 22, 2014 5:25am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

To be completely blunt these personal attacks - which I've noticed consistently [this was still the case months ago] which are directed at users like ICEN [he's been a focal point for as long as I can recall] shouldn't be happening. They break community guidelines and it is actually appalling that ICEN has had to come to a thread - that by rights has nothing at all to do with him - to defend himself over a ridiculous accusation.

the accusation spells ICEN all over in this case because he has played a lot of anubis and is frequently active. but tbh I was surprised when I read that. Also ICEN I feel your pain about the game kicks have had this too several times. it even let me turn to the NA server because the EU servers are **** atm (with lag spikes killing games (as in just kicking everybody out of the match and let them relog. luckily no deserter) or screwing games up by "random teleportation" every 1/3 matches)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }