Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Favorite game mode?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Favorite game mode? 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » July 14, 2013 12:14pm | Report
I played Arena once when it came out and immediately hated it. Totally stupid. I played domination a couple of times but it gets boring really quickly. I kept thinking none of these modes are necessary, conquest is perfect, nothing could ever be better than conquest.

But I was wrong. Ever since Assault came out, I have barely played conquest, maybe two games. I've been playing nothing but assault. Assault takes the highlight of conquest, the late game team fights, and puts you right into doing nothing but that from the beginning to the end. I love it.

Not only that but I like the shortness. I can ALWAYS play assault. Too many conquest games go on for over an hour, I don't always have that kind of time.

Futhermore the shortness helps you move onto the next game quick if there's a problem. One of the things I hate about conquest is people who insist on not surrendering even when the outcomes is blatantly obvious (I know this is not a popular sentiment around here). But there's a certain point you know the game is one sided.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 14, 2013 12:56pm | Report
If I just want to play a game for fun (without any tryharding or crybabies) Assault or Arena is my choice.

But I still think Conquest is the best gamemode for when you want to play a good game (helps to play with some friends). :P

But Assault is awesome for new player s to learn new gods :D
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Retributi0n » July 14, 2013 6:52pm | Report
As long as you have friends to play with, all game modes are good....well except Domination--which I believe they are changing. If I had to pick a favorite though, solo q would be assault and with friends definitely conquest.

Retributi0n
<eSports Writer>

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 14, 2013 7:09pm | Report
While I enjoy playing every single game mode, you will most often find me in arena.

It's short, focuses on teamfights, and you're not trapped in a small lane with no ability to return to the base. I couldn't ask for a better game mode.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 14, 2013 7:16pm | Report

If I just want to play a game for fun (without any tryharding or crybabies) Assault or Arena is my choice.

But I still think Conquest is the best gamemode for when you want to play a good game (helps to play with some friends). :P

But Assault is awesome for new player s to learn new gods :D

That guy has exactly the same opinion I do.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 14, 2013 7:24pm | Report
I personally find Domination to be the most fun. The problem people have with this mode is that often, teams are not evenly matched from a strategic point of view. Domination is more about strategy than simply overpowering your enemy (although having a level/gold advantage certainly helps).

Often, I see teams, either mine or the enemy, make one of the following mistakes.
-Split into three groups in the beginning.
-Continually attack a heavily-guarded obelisk and fail repeatedly.
-Leave obelisks completely unguarded while quick-capping enemy gods are prowling around.
-Try to go for 3-caps when your team really needs to play defense.
-And just overall failure to coordinate offense.

If teams are evenly matched, Domination is very fun, and I've had many close games. But if one team doesn't know what they're doing, the score usually ends up being very lopsided.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 14, 2013 8:08pm | Report
Arena > Assault > MOTD (I generally like most) > Conquest or Domination
I hate conquest, too long games and too slow. Never played domination, don't know why. I like assault and arena because everything is ridiculously fast paced. Everything is a kill. I like Player versus player, not player versus minions until 15 minutes into the game
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 14, 2013 8:23pm | Report
Conquest>Arena>Domination>Assault

Conquest is the most fun since it's a long game.
Meanwhile, arena is kinda nice with the teamfights
Domination is kinda hard to play in solo q since many people makes mistakes like sunfall said
I'm starting to like assault. I likeD it but it gets kinda annoying because sometimes teammate don't help. The other problem are some gods are too OP in this game mode like anyone with heal. The third problems, I kept getting these two F***ing gods : Poseidon and Vamana

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 14, 2013 8:33pm | Report
I like all of them, but not 1v1. I can't stand it because most of the gods I'm good at require team help.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 15, 2013 1:03am | Report
arena=domination>conquest>assault
I really hate assault -_-

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }