Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao/Kukulkan nerf.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao/Kukulkan nerf. 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » September 8, 2014 8:45am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I still buy a poly instead of soul reaver because I don't think it will work well with tornadoes (so the passive triggers earlier then wanted). but the mana is a good point (and teh **** load of damage it gives) still I like a bit of lifesteal.

For damage Ao, I rush Book, then Poly. I never build Soul Reaver on Ao. The stats look good on paper, but in actual gameplay it falls down. Gem of Isolation, Chronos/Breastplate, Bancroft's, Obsidian Shard, Warlock's... there are too many good items for Ao to waste it on that overpriced junk. It's expensive and there are more useful items for him. If they lowered the price by 25% I may consider using it in a build.

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » September 8, 2014 5:34pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

If you step a pinkie toe into Ao's tornadoes late game, a squishnugget will lose half their health. His ultimate will literally oneshot people as long as you get Book of Thoth

This. Sometimes I've lost even more than half health from standing in tornado for 1 second, and if you stand in it for longer you can take EVEN MORE than that.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » September 8, 2014 6:59pm | Report
Learn to avoid them or buy protection... problem solved...

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 8, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Actually, it's really not solved at all. No offense, but I really find it funny that those who "main Ao Kuang" seem to be the ones seemingly underestimating him the most.

For the "avoiding", I'll say again what I already said in this thread:

"Dodging his attacks" is a lot easier said than done. A good Ao, or really any good god/goddess, will try to anticipate any course deviation and account for it, and honestly, it's really not that hard to do.

Again, simply "dodging" his attacks doesn't change the fact that he does an insane amount of damage.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » September 9, 2014 2:04am | Report
Yeah. I love Kuang, but his tornadoes do WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE for how big the area is.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » September 9, 2014 2:34am | Report
use spear of Magus on it too and it becomes even nastier

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Trubblegum » September 23, 2014 11:55am | Report
So many people say the noodle is OP, and many say that those who main him underestimate him.
Yeah, He's easy. Yeah, he has massive damage. Yeah, dodging is easier said than done (unless you have a brain), but in reality his pros do NOTHING to outweigh the cons. Before anyone can say Kukulkan/Ao is OP, they need to play him against anyone with a brain.

Trubblegum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 23, 2014 2:21pm | Report
Trubblegum wrote:

So many people say the noodle is OP, and many say that those who main him underestimate him.
Yeah, He's easy. Yeah, he has massive damage. Yeah, dodging is easier said than done (unless you have a brain), but in reality his pros do NOTHING to outweigh the cons. Before anyone can say Kukulkan/Ao is OP, they need to play him against anyone with a brain.

You've literally brought nothing new to the discussion and actually reinforced what I stated. You didn't give any examples as to why he has so many cons, nor did you even back up your claims, other than the whole "unless you have a brain" thing, which again, as I already said, but I'll use your fun terminology for this time:

"An Ao, or really any god/goddess with a brain, will try to anticipate any course deviation and account for it, and honestly, unless you don't have a brain, it's really not that hard to do."

So please enlighten as to how Ao Kuang has so many cons that his pros do nothing to outweigh them. I'm quite curious. Maybe you'll mention his lack of a decent escape, which is a trait many mages share, so I fail to see that as a legitimate argument as to any weakness. But go on.

In the meantime, please see my last post as a response to yours.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 23, 2014 4:15pm | Report
The only problem I see is the damage on his tornadoes, but I feel he's in a decent spot.

Squall is a fast moving projectile but has a narrow hitbox and has a very telling pre-hit windup.

His Slither is absolutely fine. He has no real escape, meaning his squishiness is REALLY punishable, and his speed up gives a mild escape while not making him unkillable. Perfect for a glass cannon.

His tornadoes do a ton of damage, but aren't the biggest AoE in the game, take a bit to wind up, and have a long CD with a huge mana cost. Unless you're in a jungle fight where he's cutting off a lane (but let's be honest, that's straight up strategy and shouldn't be used against him) his tornadoes are easy to work around.

Finally his ult. Sure, it does a hella lot of damage. But it's one of THEE most avoidable things in the game. You can literally jump THROUGH it and not get hit. The visuals are obvious, the audio cues are obvious, etc. It's a high risk high reward ult. Anubis does about the same amount of damage much more reliably at the cost of standing still BUT having CC immunity, Ao has the advantage of not requiring to channel it but having nearly no reliability.

Other than that, Ao brings little to the table. He can help in sieges but suffers against splitpush teams because Ao thrives in 5v5's and suffers when he doesn't have ALL 4 people to back him up. He has a single CC on his Squall which will never affect many members on the enemy team. Ao simply has damage, and most of it is unreliable and able to be worked around. Yes, it does a ton of damage, but even at the highest tier of play, it is not able to be capitilized to the fullest because of the counterplay that does exist.

I do find Ao strong. I find him a decently high tier god. But I do not find him gamebreaking or infuriating to the point of "GGWP" at pick&bans. If you avoid his zoning potential strengths and capitilize on windows of possible aggression and his overall squishiness, you'll do well against him, and in my mind, the counterplay potential equalizes his strength.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » September 23, 2014 6:44pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

If you step a pinkie toe into Ao's tornadoes late game, a squishnugget will lose half their health.

I got a triple kill once when I was zoning with tornadoes in a team fight. Just saying.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }