Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur OP?!?!? or other Overpowered gods...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur OP?!?!? or other Overpowered gods... 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » October 23, 2013 1:30pm | Report
If Loki's decoy is op and gives You good chance of surviving the towerdive then what would You say about Baka's ult...?

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » October 23, 2013 2:18pm | Report
Anhur is strong because of the utility of his kit. He has a jump to escape or close gaps, a stun (albeit more difficult to pull off than the average one,) an AoE slow/damage booster that lasts for what seems like forever and a good ult for killing. That said, he's no stronger than the other top carries, and it mostly comes down to preference which one gets picked.

The whole OP thing is a little silly to me; it's basically just a way to say that you don't know how to counter the character. The fact that the characters that are called OP under level 20 are often considered weak later is a good indicator. I still remember the days of being terrified of Ares and Zeus... then I learned to buy beads, and before I knew it, all my teammates knew to buy beads too and he wasn't scary anymore. It was fun winning almost two thirds of my low level games as Odin just by playing with a Zeus, but it doesn't last forever for a reason.

The Loki tower diving thing is strange thing to complain about to me since it's such a niche thing. That's like saying that Arachne is OP because even running around corners doesn't protect yourself from her. Arachne is the best at killing people running away in the jungle, a more common location for a kill attempt than under your tower, does that make her OP?

Assassins have different ways to kill people because it's what they do. How often are people really successfully getting tower trolled by Loki? He has to take a pretty direct path to you in order to get to you during his stealth, just back up and cover the area in front of you. If he closes the distance with Assassinate, he really going all in and putting himself at risk, likely dying if you planned for him at all. I play a lot of Isis, and I'd love for more Lokis to walk into free kills for me. His decoy effect can be recreated by any god capable of getting a minion into tower range, I'm not seeing any kind of issue, really.

Personally, I'm much more scared of Ne Zha. The tower isn't protecting you from the 'sash > a couple attacks > ult > take a couple tower shots as you walk into the jungle with a dead enemy' combo. Of course, aegis makes most assassin tower dives very suicidal, as does landing your own abilities. Towers hurt, but they're not soloing an assassin for you before they burst you to death; they're not there to make you immortal. If you can't protect yourself, build defense, buy an active or play a god with a better escape.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 23, 2013 3:15pm | Report
I kind of think the nerf to anhurs ult ****ped on him bad.

Maybe you guys can't tell but it seems people just survive your easy early game now.
I kind of don't like it because if you get punished you still don't get punished.

:D Oh well I don't care

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 23, 2013 4:33pm | Report

If Loki's decoy is op and gives You good chance of surviving the towerdive then what would You say about Baka's ult...?

Surviving tower dives is nothing new, its the fact he can shut one down for 2-3 seconds (i think, i dont play loki) is what is op.
But lets pretend its not just a 1v1 situation. In a 4v5 under tower he can just plop down a decoy and have his team dive. The point is that it breaks the tower mechanic. Lol has Ohmwrecker but thats something everyone can buy (and no one ever does because its so expensive)
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » October 23, 2013 4:55pm | Report
I don't understand why tower diving is supposedly so strong and overpowered. Chronos can rush into tower eat some damage and ult back to full health, Herc is Herc, any tank can run in before the damage finishes the job and shrug off a few tower shots, any minion will take the tower aggro long enough if you're not one of the gods who can insta-clear waves, anyone with Blink can get in and out as fast as Loki. The tower mechanic is extra protection, not immunity.

Part of situational awareness is knowing whether you're safe in tower or not. You're not safe under tower against Loki if you have no other way to counter him... of course, it's very unlikely that you have no other way to counter him, and probably your fault if you don't. You're never safe from a team tower dive; it's just some additional damage, probably on the least beneficial target (ie the tank, a Herc who's using tower to heal himself, a decoy.) You still have to win the actual fight or retreat.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Athakh » October 25, 2013 9:56pm | Report
I posted this before the last patch.... Sun Wukong... OP and needs nerfing asap.
TEAM YAYO

Athakh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » October 25, 2013 10:26pm | Report
Athakh wrote:

I posted this before the last patch.... Sun Wukong... OP and needs nerfing asap.

Honestly I think Wukong is fairly balanced, though there are two things that I'd personally like to see changed.

His 1st Ability should have a slight damage increase, nothing major, just a small one.

His 3rd Ability should have a longer cooldown.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }