Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur OP?!?!? or other Overpowered gods...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anhur OP?!?!? or other Overpowered gods... 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Athakh » October 23, 2013 1:30am | Report
My Friend is trying to convince me that Anhur, With his passive, "Enfeeble"(Reduces targets Physical Protection by 5 and stacks 3 times) paired with Executioner Is overpowered. I, being way better with Anhur then he is, disagree. I was wondering what people thoughts were on this, or if you think any other gods are op and why. If you would also like to include your definition of Overpowered that would be greatly appreciated./color]
TEAM YAYO

Athakh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 23, 2013 1:53am | Report
Meh. I think Anhur is exactly what we can expect from a balanced physical ranged carry.

Overpowered is simply a term for a god having an advantage over a majority of other gods without a downside. For example, Loki can tower-dive freely with his Decoy, which no other god can do.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 23, 2013 3:00am | Report
Athakh wrote:

My Friend is trying to convince me that Anhur, With his passive, "Enfeeble"(Reduces targets Physical Protection by 5 and stacks 3 times) paired with Executioner Is overpowered. I, being way better with Anhur then he is, disagree. I was wondering what people thoughts were on this, or if you think any other gods are op and why. If you would also like to include your definition of Overpowered that would be greatly appreciated./color]

his passive gives him 15 flat pen since like 3 patches ago.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » October 23, 2013 5:00am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Meh. I think Anhur is exactly what we can expect from a balanced physical ranged carry.

Overpowered is simply a term for a god having an advantage over a majority of other gods without a downside. For example, Loki can tower-dive freely with his Decoy, which no other god can do.

Loki is NOT overpowered. How many threads do we really need for this?

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 23, 2013 5:22am | Report
Who the Hel thinks Anhurs PASSIVE is op... His passive is useful, not OP. As opposed to Artemis. It just means he can build less pen in his kit, or build normal and be better at downing tanks.

Kripox wrote:

Loki is NOT overpowered. How many threads do we really need for this?

He is if he can dive without consequence. That is what makes him OP, and if anyone tries to argue that that is not OP I really can't take them seriously. I agree Loki is not OP if not for that trick. The ability to take turrets out of play when someone can get 100-0 in the time it takes for the decoy to fade is OP and unfair.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Athakh » October 23, 2013 5:23am | Report
Thanks All4Games i read something about that but didn't understand it
TEAM YAYO

Athakh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 23, 2013 5:37am | Report
Kripox, perhaps the idea that Loki may be overpowered can be disputed, but the fact that his Decoy can distract towers is kinda pushing it when you view OPness in the scale of abilities, not entire kits.

IMO, no god should tower dive without consequence. He already has enough unique abilities and does not need any more. (A instant ult, invisibility, damage reduction on a squishy, instant teleportation, and such)

If Thor uses his ult to jump in, does a quick spin2win and teleports out, he'd still be hit at least once, and if he is stunned, for even longer.

Loki can use his decoy, walk in, get stunned, and leave without being hit once.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » October 23, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Do not derail this thread with another incessant Loki argument.

I think that Anhur's passive might need a small nerf. 15% protections, with all of the damage he does, it just a bit too much. Do remember that this passive was removed once, so I feel like 10% or so would be fine.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 23, 2013 12:19pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Do not derail this thread with another incessant Loki argument.

I think that Anhur's passive might need a small nerf. 15% protections, with all of the damage he does, it just a bit too much. Do remember that this passive was removed once, so I feel like 10% or so would be fine.

It isn't derailing the thread when the title reads, "Or other overpowered..."

Also, while it may say in the SMITEFIRE database that it's 15 PERCENT, it's actually a flat 15 penetration. If you don't believe me, turn on your Smite and look it up.

And 15 defense debuff is not exactly overbearing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » October 23, 2013 12:50pm | Report
Oh dear, I'll go fix that.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }