Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Avatar/Korra Fan Thread 42 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 24, 2014 9:57pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I find the show for Korra is a lot more serious but that's just me.

I love how Korra has a few more serious moments, but one of the reasons why is I think it's soundtrack is a little more epic. Now I still like the original series a little more then I like Korra, but the soundtrack is so much better in my opinion, and I think that's why it has more of a serious tone.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 24, 2014 10:19pm | Report
Forgive me Turnip, but I just couldn't handle Korra. LA + Aang > Korra all the way!

(Seriously, if they bothered to use swords instead of batons, there would be a couple dead Avatar and Friends by now. Not even a knife, geez.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 24, 2014 10:24pm | Report
I have to say, my least favorite episode is probably all of the lost/finding Appa. And my favorite being the tales of Ba Sing Se, specifically Irho's, though when Soka gets his space sword is definitely a close second. (Is that how you spell his name?)

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 25, 2014 11:06am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I have to say, my least favorite episode is probably all of the lost/finding Appa. And my favorite being the tales of Ba Sing Se, specifically Irho's, though when Soka gets his space sword is definitely a close second. (Is that how you spell his name?)

Yeah the lost Appa episodes were kinda dry, as far as my least favorite episode, that's a hard one because I like them all, but it would probably have to be the first episode with Jet it was kinda like detour episode that wouldn't pay off right away.

Just missing a K in Sokka and you got it
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 11:29am | Report
Favorite episodes, huh? The Drill was up there, I loved it. But of course, the finale was the best part (specifically the last two episodes).

I think the storytelling significantly improved with the second and third books, but at the same time, there's a nice feel to the first book. It seemed a bit more episodic and innocent. While I tend to dislike series that don't have a direct continuation between episodes, I think it was done excellently in the show. It's arguably a slice-of-life for a portion of the series while still retaining an endgoal feel to it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 25, 2014 11:49am | Report
I like that Aang and Korra contrast eachother. I like both series, though I think book 2 of Korra was a horrible mess (even though it had a couple of the best episodes in both series, which might be my favorite episodes - the first avatar stuff). I think book 1 of Korra was the strongest in the series, because the plot was straightforward, the characters were good, and there was no filler.

I see the Aang series as much more lighthearted and fun, also comes with that a lot more filler. Korra was more serious and not as much fun. I think they're both good in their own ways.

Also, earth benders ftw! I'd be an earth bender.

Favorite character, probably Lin Bei Fong. Most of the characters in both shows are good though.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

...though I think book 2 of Korra was a horrible mess (even though it had a couple of the best episodes in both series, which might be my favorite episodes - the first avatar stuff).

This actually brings up a point I almost wrote in my previous post. One thing I loved about TLA was that the final boss really seemed like a tough opponent because he wasn't defeated in just one season. TLA had multiple antagonists introduced each season while still keeping the ultimate goal of defeating Fireloard Ozai uncompleted. The protagonists really felt defeated at the end of season 2 (though I wasn't naive enough to believe a nickelodeon who would have the protagonists lose the war, it was nice to see them face such a huge combeack challenege).

The problem with Korra's series is that it seems to introduce one or two villains each season. And they're defeated the exact same season. I still love the show and understand the reason for it is because it was originally supposed to just be a one-season miniseries, but it's why I think that TLA is better than LoK overall.

But Korra herself is the best. :)

Looks like we have two airbenders and two earthbenders. BRING IT ON!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 12:19pm | Report
Also, TLA has some of the best character progression in any show I've ever seen all bundled in a package named "Zuko."

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 25, 2014 12:34pm | Report
I can buy that about the villains, but I do think Amon was supposed to be a much more down to earth villain. Ozai was supposed to be untouchable, and that worked really well for a big overarching villain, also the final battle was great and felt really rewarding. I didn't care for him much as a villain though because you barely know anything about him, that worked fine for the role he played in the show though. Amon was a more relatable villain.

When Zuko betrays Iroh and the Gaang... I cry errytime.

ZUKO X KATARA! REAL LOVE STORY!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 12:42pm | Report
Oh, I definitely agree that Amon was a more interesting villain. And if Korra just had the first season, the series would have had a near-perfect score in my book. But, while I'm overjoyed that they are able to continue the series, I just think it's resting on a poor foundation for reasons I previously mentioned.

Oh no! A Zutara fan! Shoo! :P Everyone knows that SokkaXMeat is Avatar's OTP

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }