Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013 68 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 4, 2013 5:08pm | Report
Lol, Guan Yu, Odin, and Hel are getting jipped so hard with the golden skins.

srsly

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 4, 2013 5:24pm | Report
Does anyone know if her teammates can attack from the fog while being stealthed?

So like can she just stay at GF and use the fog while her team kills it? :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 5:35pm | Report
Well, here is what I have already been able to figure out:

Nu Wa is meant to absolutely dominate in a 1v1 fight. Her Fog is only about 1 1/3 times the size of Tangled Web, so it's not all that big. It is meant for close-quarter stealth.

Flame Strike hits for 1.5x damage when hit point blank, and gives a 10s. Golden Bow passive. It will also apply on-hit item effects. Welcome to the potential for a splashed Polynomicon, people.

Her Ultimate, which creates an effective battle arena for Nu Wa, gives her that 10s. 2x basics buff.

But that Snake Form... oh my dear God. I will enjoy reaching that.

The constructs will only hit minions and structures, so they will only be viable while pushing lanes.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 4, 2013 5:42pm | Report

Does anyone know if her teammates can attack from the fog while being stealthed?

So like can she just stay at GF and use the fog while her team kills it? :p

Attacking breaks the stealth, but you can stay in the fog and get re-stealthed after attacking. What it is is the ultimate team fight skill. It should completely shut down any single target god because they won't be able to chase or hit any god in the fog first, including Nu Wa. Unless you have massive AoE damage, a couple squishies can just hit and run from the fog and never be targeted. I don't know what you can do when you see a tank and fog coming at your tower.

It's dangerous to form opinions before you see abilities in action, but I have no idea how this isn't an ultimate. There's no counter to stealth; ganks and picks are going to be so easy, and with max CDR, you'll literally be able to have it always up. It even does damage for some unknown reason.

Oh, and it gives her a 30% movement speed buff at max level. Just, sigh...

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Phil725, like I said, a 20 ft. radius is not that big. I DO hope that a couple allies can fit into it.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 4, 2013 6:03pm | Report
I was thinking about Arachne's original radius on the Tangled Web, and laughed hard when you said it was small. I miss that bigass web.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 6:08pm | Report
It looks like, according to this, that Arachne's Tangled Web has a 20 ft. radius.

So for those of you who know how big the web is right now, then you know how big Fog will be.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 4, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Her whole team could be stealthed. 0.0 but I still really want to play this patch. If only I had a computer to play on ;-;. I have an idea though. Nu Wa with Loki. Nu Wa would stealth, Loki would enter it, then he would stealth, and he could leave the fog and do whatever he wants with no idea if he is still in there or not.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 4, 2013 7:22pm | Report
The fact that it's a smaller radius doesn't mean that it's not broken as hell. We're talking about a team wide stealth effect that has no counter in game. Think about trying to hit a Loki that's running away. You know where he was when he popped stealth, so he can't be that far, but it's still incredibly easy for him to get away. It's hard enough to hit skillshots when someone's just trying to juke you.

The move is obviously countered by stuff like Zeus ult and other powerful AoE skills, but those are the minority. Most skillshots require at least a little aim to hit, and just throwing them at a 20ft wide ball of mist isn't going to result in anything but blowing cooldowns on a god who can now go all out on you.

And again, it's on a 14 second cooldown (before Breastplate, which every Nu Wa will have,) and lasts for 8 seconds. And it has extra benefits; damage and a sizeable speed buff.

I could see if it was an ultimate, but for something that's going to be active for 80% of a team fight?

Also, the smaller size of the mist only matters for the teamfight aspect. It will still give you super easy ganks and picks in the jungle late game. Just let me finish taking this blue buff... oh, there's some mist, that's okay, I can get away... welp, that was their whole team. That's FG, GG.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 8:03pm | Report
Thou dost bring a good point. We will see, then. I will be playing her, so anything that I find will be discussed between DarkJaw and I (as well as our guest), on Saturday.

If anyone wants to join in on this discussion, we will be on this Saturday at SOACGaming's Twitch page, 2 p.m. PST. There is a chat so we can answer questions and stuff like that.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }