Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance) 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 24, 2020 4:44pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

In early preparation for the big 7.7 patch, I've added the 3 new items ( Serrated Edge, The Sledge, and Shadowsteel Shuriken). Note that they can't be officially built until the July 14th.

well, damn...gonna go edit my post now. lol.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 24, 2020 4:51pm | Report
New Magus is basically Shaman's on steroids. No need to stack passive, cheap, and has flat pen. Probably will see PTS nerfs, I mean it has to otherwise you're going to see it spammed on mages and guardians.

Also finally like the new Hecate Passive but it will probably be too strong on Freya. Definitely a must build if it's not nerfed.

Edit: Also damn those new Rat Nutzz.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 24, 2020 5:27pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Dmbrandon has been banned from Smite

This couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 25, 2020 12:16am | Report
So my thought's on the patch in summary DAMN heavy changes are going to hit 3 lanes. Its that they will launch a new map next season (and the pen shift were incoming) otherwise I would have said welcome to S8.

first, the bonus patch nerfs most were incoming and expected.

Ares remodel looking slick.

Happy the punishment system is gonna check for report abuse. Don't mind the notifications that much as in most cases I have harrassed without typing anything in chat for some reason. I hope the salty reporting will see a stop. Do think the bannable offense is a bit big, could have better banned them from the report system.

Like the joust fire minion nerf, it was needed.

I'm a bit split on the jungle changes. Mostly the aggressive camps, not the abilities monsters get. Mostly because it is gonna mess with doing things like hiding behind the GF or running through it to get away etc.

SO the pen changes I find it funny how their goal is to make tanks feel tankier but meanwhile, they achieved the opposite. How this is gonna impact builds I think mostly hunter builds will be hit.

So assassin builds (the ability-based) won't change as much only that the Heartseeker change will make assassins DPS a slight bit better against tanks. Still gonna need Titan's Bane to target tanks.

Hunter builds are probably going to be hit the hardest by the changes.
The first big change is going to be that the pen build might likely be dead.
The The Executioner nerf can change as a staple item for Atlanta's (lower cost more AS for 1% pen). Also, I think crit builds may go more towards an LoL path of reaching 100% crit. ((blessing boots) devos-rage-ata-wind-anti heal/poison star-Deathbringer/poison). Also fail not did became slightly interesting.

Now the pen build if it will come into existence will probably be quite different. Might be even that it becomes a crit variant, titan's bane will see a swap to Atalanta's for most AA reliant adcs.

while I think silverbranch might see more play I still don't like the passive.

slightly sad soul eater got nerfed as it did.

don't know how much I feel about the serrated edge. probably could replace hastened or is going to be a golden blade swap.

DAMN happy about the solo lane change. Sustain lane is going to go. solo lane items are going to be slightly on their head now. I think builds will bring more damage. Also poor King Arthur.

also new Masamune seems strong.

Like that they try to change the meta double flat pen build. It feels mage items will become in a better spot. Also I agree with kriega concern's on the new magus passive.

Tyrannical might be good now. Not sure though.

renewal Gaia are not gonna change that much for me. still pretty niche.

Nemean is even more dead. Yes, a block stack is strong, however anyone can proc it. proc a hunters attack and it;s ok block a guardians attack and it;s worthless.

Hecate seems nice now

also didn't know warrior was seen as that weak.

TP TO PHOENIX FINALLY

slightly hyped for the rat acorns

Buff nerfs are a bit weird for certain gods. mostly the baka buff. He kinda got an indirect buff with golden blade being buffed last patch. Solo lane baka might be back

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 25, 2020 3:03am | Report
The double flat pen build might still be a thing but with Magus in the build instead of Deso.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » June 25, 2020 3:46am | Report
Bakasura buffs lets ****in go

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » June 25, 2020 4:37am | Report
What does the Nemean Lion change entail ? Finally changed the mana to health ?
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 25, 2020 5:38am | Report
Setolino wrote:

What does the Nemean Lion change entail ? Finally changed the mana to health ?

https://www.smitegame.com/news/mid-season-update-7-7-notes/

"Hide of the Nemean often served as a counter item with some negative feels. While limited duration reflects exist, a passive always on reflect makes playing around such an effect frustrating and made finding a balance point that made the wielder and enemy difficult. We are changing the passive to instead block a Basic Attack every 15s. This gives tanks control of when to approach the Hunter and provide a decent amount of mitigation over the course of a single fight."

" Removed Passive
NEW Passive: Every 15s this item generates a block stack for the owner. Max 1 Stack."

Basically it's trash now, despite already being underwhelming from past nerfs.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 25, 2020 6:29am | Report
Rat Rework and Cupid buff? Best patch by far even though they killed Nemean

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 25, 2020 6:30am | Report
Also, Atalanta is now a very good item wow :o
Will passive pen stacks with base pen? Like Titans passive stacks with base pen and it reaches the cap or it works like obsidian and can go beyond overcap?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }