Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Understanding Gods and Builds better

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Understanding Gods and Builds better 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GoduTora » March 19, 2016 10:25am | Report
So i've played this game once or twice before (Only ever played the tutorial) on PC which is why i never really played it anymore. But since it's out on PS4 i've been playing it like crazy. I understand the basics and SOME complex things but i'm still trying to understand gods and builds better. (I have been through quite a bit of guides just need some more help)

Can certain gods be used as things other than there main role. I've been playing as Hel, Ares, Fenrir, Xing Tian and Thor and have noticed that some of them can play outside of their role. Like Hel is a mage but can dish out some serious damage later on in game so could she solo, support and possibly carry? Ares is the same except hes a guardian who can also put out crazy damage for his role later on in game. Just curious if there are any other gods similar to them and if so who are they. And should i be playing specific gods in a specific way during certain matches (I play Arena and Conquest a lot)

As for creating a build, i understand how to spec my abilities depending on what role im playing and which ability im going to use, which i should master first yada yada ya. I'm struggling to come up with builds for gods that im using. Should mages have specific items that guardians dont need to use and what not?

GoduTora

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 19, 2016 12:08pm | Report
Quoted:
Like Hel is a mage but can dish out some serious damage later on in game so could she solo, support and possibly carry?

Hel can solo and support ok, but not because she can put out damage (which you seem to be suggesting you think is unusual for a Mage, going by the way you wrote it).

I'm guessing your understanding of roles might be a bit skewed, so you may want to read up on that specifically.

Hel doing big damage is not unusual for a Mage, as that's what mages do, so this is not the reason she can do other roles.

She can solo, as she is able to sustain herself with heals while dealing damage, and she can support as she can heal up her carry and cleanse CC off of them.

i wouldn't say she's amazing in either role, as she has flaws in each, but she can play them.

There are plenty of gods who can do several roles very well though (like Bellona solo, or jungle, for example) but I think you need to spend time learning each role better and you'll begin to see who would be able to do what other roles once you have a better knowledge of what's needed in each role

Here is a BRILLIANT GUIDE which you may find useful at understanding a lot of things to do with the game, as it covers almost everything. I'd highly recommend using it to read up on any areas you want to know about

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GoduTora » March 19, 2016 4:03pm | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

Hel can solo and support ok, but not because she can put out damage (which you seem to be suggesting you think is unusual for a Mage, going by the way you wrote it).

I'm guessing your understanding of roles might be a bit skewed, so you may want to read up on that specifically.

Hel doing big damage is not unusual for a Mage, as that's what mages do, so this is not the reason she can do other roles.

She can solo, as she is able to sustain herself with heals while dealing damage, and she can support as she can heal up her carry and cleanse CC off of them.

i wouldn't say she's amazing in either role, as she has flaws in each, but she can play them.

There are plenty of gods who can do several roles very well though (like Bellona solo, or jungle, for example) but I think you need to spend time learning each role better and you'll begin to see who would be able to do what other roles once you have a better knowledge of what's needed in each role

Here is a BRILLIANT GUIDE which you may find useful at understanding a lot of things to do with the game, as it covers almost everything. I'd highly recommend using it to read up on any areas you want to know about

Thanks for the reply. I actually started reading up on that a couple of hours ago. It actually really helped me understand things when it came to Conquest. Recently got Loki on rental and my second game with him was as a jungler. Came out with 27k gold, 38 kills, 4-6 deaths and about 10+ ***its, just by following the tips and what not. The game did go on for about an 50 mins though.

GoduTora

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 20, 2016 1:55am | Report
I wouldn't recommend to rent gods as you can look at abilities and stuff for free in jungle practise. And with the use of gameplay vids you can also look if you are goign to like x god. This way you won't waste a lot of favor.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 20, 2016 3:52am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I wouldn't recommend to rent gods as you can look at abilities and stuff for free in jungle practise. And with the use of gameplay vids you can also look if you are goign to like x god. This way you won't waste a lot of favor.

Or you could buy the ultimate God pack when it's on sale 50% off next week, and have all the gods, all the time!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GoduTora » March 20, 2016 7:14am | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

Or you could buy the ultimate God pack when it's on sale 50% off next week, and have all the gods, all the time!

Quick question. I noticed this whole thing with season 3. Is this like some yearly tournament? And i noticed that thanatos got a pretty bad *** skin that people could get if you had enough season points. Will there be something like that skin this season?

GoduTora

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 20, 2016 7:42am | Report
Season 3 is essentially this year of smite, you can buy the season ticket and earn points to unlock skins and whatnot.

Now during this season there will be several events such as an 'oddeysey', which is where the Thanatos skin came from (season 2 was ragnatoskr force Thor). During an oddeysey several exclusive items will be released, and buying certain amounts of oddeysey items will reward you with extra special items (like the Thanatos skin)

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 20, 2016 1:44pm | Report
well it isn't really a tournament but more something like football only every part takes 1/4 of a year. with the season pass you can get soem rewards from it.

The thanatos one is from the 1st world championship event like Cake said the Oddeysey. If you buy all the items from it (2-3 per pantheon) you got that skin.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }