Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Apep ~ God Concept.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Apep ~ God Concept. 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » April 28, 2014 6:44pm | Report
Hello people of SmiteFire! I'm Dark Jaw, and I'm back with my god ideas. Today I remake my very, very old god idea, but one of my favorites. It's Apep, The Enemy of the Sun!

Apep: The Enemy of the Sun.

In SMITE, Apep curses his enemies as a Warlock( Magical Warrior, think of Hades).
Pros: High Defense, High Sustain.

Skills:
0~Passive.
Chaotic Presence.

Apep's chaotic presence enfears the enemy gods, passively reducing their magical resistance by 20%.

Ability: Debuff.
Affects: Enemies.

~/ ~ / ~

1~Active.
Magical Gaze.

Apep releases a gaze of darkness from his eyes, hypnotizing the enemy god, dealing magical damage and blinding them.

Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+50% of your magical power)
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds.

~/ ~ / ~

2~Active.
Wrap.

Apep dashes forward, wrapping the enemy god hit and dealing damage.

Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+30% of your magical power)
Stun: 1/1.2/1.5/1.8/2 seconds.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds.

~/ ~ / ~

3~Active.
Terryfing Roar.

Apep roars, dealing damage to the enemies in the area. If Apep wasn't visible on the map, this ability will also silence the enemies in the area.

Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+ 60% Magical Power)
Silence: 1 second.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana.
Cooldown: 14 seconds.

~/ ~ / ~

4~Ultimate.
Eclipse.

Apep flies to the skies, and becomes possessed by dark powers, blocking the light of the sun. Then, Apep falls, dealing damage in the target location, and fearing all the enemies in the area away from Apep.

Damage: 100/150/250/350/450 (+ 60% Magical Power).
Fear Duration: 2 Seconds.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 90 seconds.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 28, 2014 9:40pm | Report
Well, it's a very solid god concept. The only real thing that's just simply wrong is the passive.

I don't think you quite get how strong this one passive is. First of all, it doesn't offer any fun gameplay interactions, and I've spoken to death about my stance on that. But the real problem is just what the effect itself is. I hope you understand how powerful this ability is. This ability, late game, gives a huge theoretical gold lead to the team with Apep. Just by picking this god, the team with this God has a gold advantage, because this passive reduces the amount of worth you get from your items with the amount of gold payed. For doing nothing other than having your presence in teamfights, your team has a huge, in fact, too big of an advantage for it to be fair. Personally, I'd just rework the passive, it's a bad passive. Too powerful, and doesn't require any effort to get it. It falls under the term 'braindead power', and that's a big no-no.

It's a solid god concept, the abilities other than the passive have no issues, but is it the best god concept you can make? Does this god bring something to the table that makes him really fun and unique over any other gods? Personally, just looking at the abilities, I'm not all too eager to play this God. The kit feels a bit 'thrown-together', and they're just simple abilities that have been done to death.

Just to let you think, is this the most fun, creative and overall just the best god you could've made from this concept? Because I don't think it is, you can create a much more fun god from this.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by crippler38 » April 29, 2014 3:32am | Report
since this guy is supposed to eat ra why not give him a free pestilence for a passive or something, that way if you build all anti healing items you can get like 80% healing reduction, which might be fun, other than that, I BELIEVE I CAN FLY! (approved by low class)
nothing

crippler38

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 29, 2014 1:23pm | Report
He has no defense abilities and 0 sustain. He's a bad tank, bad mage, bad warrior, bad assassin, bad everything. He just has moves that do things that don't really fall into a certain category. He's just kinda there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by crippler38 » April 30, 2014 3:44pm | Report
now now he does have a dash for his two, so he isn't that bad off if you think of it since he has a slow and a possible silence, and he can fly like thanatos or apollo so he is safe enough for that, as for sustain, he should be fine if he builds life steal, or if his wrap also had free life steal, so no defense is a bit harsh
nothing

crippler38

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 30, 2014 4:03pm | Report
crippler38 wrote:

now now he does have a dash for his two, so he isn't that bad off if you think of it since he has a slow and a possible silence, and he can fly like thanatos or apollo so he is safe enough for that, as for sustain, he should be fine if he builds life steal, or if his wrap also had free life steal, so no defense is a bit harsh

Generally, Warriors have some kind of protections / sustain moves (such as Retribution, Tyr's Power Cleave and others)
Warriors need them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }