Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Winners of Unlock Code Giveaway: Odin & AMC Skins

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Winners of Unlock Code Giveaway: Odin & AMC Skins 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 17, 2014 10:02am | Report
AGAIN !?!?

**** man I never win these things
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 17, 2014 10:18am | Report
well some still think the contest is still here reacting at the contest tread

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by lefters » June 17, 2014 8:44pm | Report
YEaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

lefters

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 18, 2014 5:22am | Report
The main reason for these giveaways is to attract numbers to the site, albeit not for a long time. Making it so you have to be active will ultimately contradict the purpose of these giveaways, as it will turn people off from joining these giveaways.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 18, 2014 5:43am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

The main reason for these giveaways is to attract numbers to the site, albeit not for a long time. Making it so you have to be active will ultimately contradict the purpose of these giveaways, as it will turn people off from joining these giveaways.

If we make it so that way you have to be active, and we have more than one giveaway EVER.. won't that promote people to join in the community and be active for a longer period of time?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » June 19, 2014 12:05am | Report
congrats to the winners!

But I do think that there should be multiple types of gives away's ones for anyone to enter as they do attract people to the site which is always a good thing you never know who may become active after winning or just entering a give away it can always bring in some awesome users.

And there should be give away's for active users as well 50-100 posts required to enter etc, just because I like having better odds plus seeing my friends win is always a bonus. I have done a few steam games/beta key give away's over on MobaFire before in the past. Also some of the other mobafire users have also done give away's as well. I might try to do one later this week if steam puts out some decent sales
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 19, 2014 5:31am | Report
Quoted:

If we make it so that way you have to be active, and we have more than one giveaway EVER.. won't that promote people to join in the community and be active for a longer period of time?

In theory, that's what making it only active members would do, but in reality, that would just turn people off from joining in the first place because it would require too much effort to enter.

Additionally, there would be no way to actually enforce this 'active' rule, as with any measure of this 'activeness', all that would be done is the bare minimum in the most effortless way possible. If guides, then all we'll get is **** guides. If through posts, then spam posts will become more common. And even then, the end result will only be that the person joins and never shows his face again after the giveaway.

Human nature really is ****ty, isn't it?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 19, 2014 7:47am | Report
Let's put it this way: The giveaways aren't really much on their own, so they're used more for drawing people to this site - yes, 90% just make an account to apply, but the other 10% might see the website afterward and be like, "hey, I think I'm gonna be active here". In other words, it's used more for publicity than for the giveaway itself.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » June 19, 2014 8:31am | Report
since there were 6 prizes in total though wouldn't it have been nice if at least 1 of each was reserved for just actives and the other 4 open to all to at least stop it stop the possibility of all 6 going to "one time Jane"s

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 19, 2014 11:53am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

In theory, that's what making it only active members would do, but in reality, that would just turn people off from joining in the first place because it would require too much effort to enter.

Additionally, there would be no way to actually enforce this 'active' rule, as with any measure of this 'activeness', all that would be done is the bare minimum in the most effortless way possible. If guides, then all we'll get is **** guides. If through posts, then spam posts will become more common. And even then, the end result will only be that the person joins and never shows his face again after the giveaway.

Human nature really is ****ty, isn't it?

Well what's the difference in turning them away than not keeping them here for very long? Just like that 1% that may say "Hey, this looks like a good website, maybe I should stay active!" there's the same amount of people that may say the same thing if they were to make qualifications for the competition.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }