Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's? 37 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 27, 2013 3:46pm | Report
Due the "Negativity" towards Smite lately, I just wanted to have a thread what shows something positive about the game!

What do you like about the game?

I like its originality and its theme.
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » June 27, 2013 4:06pm | Report
I like the 3d view and its action combat. LoL and other mobas are just click-press w-click-press q-click. I like the fact that you don't have a complete sight around you, which makes the game require more awareness.

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 27, 2013 4:11pm | Report
That it is very skillbased (like Bloodline Champions and FPS games).
The over the shoulder look (reminds me of wow and gives me the feeling of vanilla wow every time I play).
That you move with "WSAD", clicking to move have always annoyed me (except in Diablo).
Just that it is so immersive and really pulls you inn.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » June 27, 2013 4:24pm | Report
Definitely the third person perspective is its most interesting and defining quality.

I've played other MOBAs, and I enjoyed them, but I couldn't stay with them long term because of how extremely slow/passive the game play felt to me. A large part of me feeling that way had to do with the isometric view of these games. From the third person perspective, I feel immersed in the action. I feel like my attacks have weight and I can get right in the face of my opponents to kill them. And on top of great game play, it emphasizes strategy and teamwork. That's just a good combination for me.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 27, 2013 8:25pm | Report
The third person perspective is a breath of fresh air from the birds-eye perspective, and probably the only thing that is making me play Smite.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 28, 2013 1:24am | Report
the constant action packed agressive's we used to have, the 3rd person view emursivne's, the combo's of surten god's you can get easy double kill's(not anymore :( ) and the constant tread of getting punished for your misake's or getting a boost for utelising those mistake's and killing the enemy's. that was what i liked about smite before jungling became a roll you just needed to have on your team, before it even became a role in the first place.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 28, 2013 1:33am | Report
3RD PERSON NUFF SAID

ALL MY FAVORITE GAMES ARE 3RD PERSON and if I have a favorite game that isn't 3rd person its because not many games are 3rd person and they need to be dammit!

Smite = the only game I ever spent $93 on

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 28, 2013 2:25am | Report
Fresh moba experience

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » June 28, 2013 3:36am | Report
I bet 90% of the answers that you'll get are "Third person perspective", so I'm going to say something different, I prefer Smite over other MOBAs because it has unique game modes like Domination and Joust, which I've always wanted.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 28, 2013 5:15am | Report
Piederman wrote:

I bet 90% of the answers that you'll get are "Third person perspective", so I'm going to say something different, I prefer Smite over other MOBAs because it has unique game modes like Domination and Joust, which I've always wanted.

True, I sometime wonder why people can be so blind of the other content Smite has to offer
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }