Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Popularity with the Monkey King.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Popularity with the Monkey King. 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Do you believe Hun Batz is better than other junglers?
Yes
No
wat.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MissBuilds » July 22, 2013 11:29am | Report
Honestly, I don't see why Hun Batz is so popular in ranked/casual matches as jungler. He's not too good to me. He has a slow camp clear speed, his ult can f*** your team's chances of winning a team fight, ganks are a bit harder, for awhile he needs a lot of mana, and his 3 can **** you over by putting you into a tower, into the middle of a team, of teleport you AWAY from your target. He's still pretty similar to the old Sun Wukong as well who was rarely picked up in ranked.
So why is he so popular, I don't know.

~this is my opinion, whats yours?
IGN: APHValentine
Partner: Wuvstosploosh
Main Roles: Jungle & Mid
Main God: Loki
You're never alone, there's always someone behind you...

MissBuilds

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 22, 2013 1:37pm | Report
I would assume just because of his annoying ult.

All the smart Hun Batz Junlgers I seen save their ult for ganks and never gank without the ult ready.

Its basically a free kill if you have communication with the lane your about to gank.

I mean theres nothing you can do once your caught in a ult your gonna be dead by the time the ults over if the ganker actually talked out to his team before he ganked.

For example.

Hun Batz tells you his ult is ready and he uses his ult.
Well once he uses his ult you are already spamming all of your attacks and ults and he has probably already hit the god with his smash and basic attacks.

In short end your dead.
I think he clears camps slower than other gods but I just assume people pick him because of his ult.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » July 22, 2013 6:45pm | Report
Im pretty sure sunfall we'll give you a good answer. xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 23, 2013 1:06am | Report
Is this a troll topic?

Hun Batz's Fear No Evil is game-changing. Anyone who actually knows how to use it can secure very easy kills earlygame (hint: it fears enemies away from the totem), and in the lategame, it's capable of turning a teamfight around into your favor.

Knowing when to use Sacred Monkey is important. Used correctly, it is an amazing chasing tool that lets you stick to your enemies and throw off their skills... or even drop surprise ults in the middle of their group!

Let's also not forget he has a strong damage burst after each skill thanks to his passive, Infused Strikes.

Mana issues? So does basically every other physical god out there. Thor OOMs easily if you keep spamming his skills early on. So will Loki or Fenrir. Have you ever considered hitting up the blue camps early on for jungle farming, THEN taking a damage/speed camp when you're ready to gank?
Building Jotunn's Wrath or Transcendence is also worth a try, in fact I highly recommend the former on him for the pen and CDR.

And FYI, the old Sun Wukong didn't really fall out of popularity until Ne Zha and Fenrir showed up... Hun Batz was basically the upgrade he needed to keep him competitive in the face of powercreep.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 23, 2013 1:19am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

And FYI, the old Sun Wukong didn't really fall out of popularity until Ne Zha and Fenrir showed up...

I agree with the rest, but I have to disagree here. In my experience Sun Wukong DID fall out of popularity WAY before Ne Zha and Fenrir showed up. I didn't ever see someone pick Sun Wukong, but rather Hercules or Thor, or Anhur, Neith or Xbalanque. The monkey never had the carry potential of any of the other gods I listed and even if he did get fed he was easier to deal with than let's say like a fed Anhur. It is my experience, but what I saw is that he was a very low tier pick ever since all of the listed gods were added and buffed.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 23, 2013 1:54am | Report

I agree with the rest, but I have to disagree here. In my experience Sun Wukong DID fall out of popularity WAY before Ne Zha and Fenrir showed up. I didn't ever see someone pick Sun Wukong, but rather Hercules or Thor, or Anhur, Neith or Xbalanque. The monkey never had the carry potential of any of the other gods I listed and even if he did get fed he was easier to deal with than let's say like a fed Anhur. It is my experience, but what I saw is that he was a very low tier pick ever since all of the listed gods were added and buffed.

I don't know what games you were playing, but I saw the monkey just as much as anyone else.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » July 23, 2013 4:18am | Report
I dont think he is the best jungler at all. he is slow when clearing camps, his ult is good but beads take care of that. sun wukong was hardly used at all i think people just like hun bats because of the rework
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » July 23, 2013 12:56pm | Report
I was right! Sunfall really did come. xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }