Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki is Broken

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki is Broken 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » April 20, 2018 11:51pm | Report
A) Loki's early game is bad. If you let him free farm through the early game then that's a problem you can correct. Loki is really only a threat from ahead and if you can keep him from getting ahead then you're good. Hence why he is seen more in solo lane than in jungle when he is seen in conquest.

B) If you're letting the Loki just walk up in the late game and not burn the ult then that's also a play style you should correct. If you're a squishy stick next to your team and especially the heaviest CC tank. If you're the tank then stick next to your most effective DPS player that game. If he tries to walk up then he dies. Otherwise you're looking at him burning blink/ult in order to get in range to deal fast damage and you can usually return kill.

Now, there are games where your team is going to feed and refuse to play as a team and that sucks. However, in those situations pretty much any assassin or fed carry is going to do the same amount of damage if not more.

TLDR
You can shut him down early and play together late. That may you can at least trade 1v1 if not just get a free Loki kill. If you play alone you just play into Loki's strengths and are part of the problem

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 21, 2018 12:19am | Report
Pretty much what Duotem Said. But just be aware that if you don't play like a team lategame it does not make a difference if you kept the Loki down all game as soon as his build is done.

Played against Loki adc a few days ago and I farmed him all game (as jungle) think we killed him like 10 times.

Team refused to play as 5 and we was always 4v5 and lost in the end because ppl where getting picked off by Loki.

Also Loki splitpush is great.

How to win vs Loki:
Dont feed him.
End the game before lategame.
Play as a team.
Ward against splitpushing and protect against splitpush.
Also ward on your side of the map because he will try to flank from the back.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 21, 2018 5:13am | Report
Essentially I almost never use CC as an argument on a god's balance unless it's on the basis that a god/dess has too much of it. Aside from Tyr everyone gets shut down by CC. Also with how rediculously fast he drops people I've never felt the need to sit around and wait for someone to pick off. His cooldowns are low enough that you can get almost a completely free triple kill in some of those late fights by simply cycling your abilities well. (1,3 the first, followed by 4,3 on the next at which point you can 1,3 again) I always say his effectiveness in teamfights lies not only with him being able to completely nuke someone but also in essence forcing a team to hold on to CC to deal with him and if they don't he just gets more free kills. In addition say he chooses to not teamfight. His split push potential practically forces a team to send 1-2 people to manage his push... which he can proceed to one shot.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 21, 2018 4:23pm | Report
Loki is a super good pubstomp god in my opinion probably second after Thanatos. The second you start playing against good people he goes down drastically in effectiveness though (diamond+ level games).

His split push is stupid good, easy to force a TP if the solo has it. Then just rotate to the teamfight with the 1 and pick of a carry and turn a fight into a 5v3.

But as long as you got a team that has some communication he falls off hard. One well timed Aegis or beads/aegis (if you get ulted) to make you survive and make loki a easy kill for your team or you can even solo him yourself.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 21, 2018 4:48pm | Report
But as long as you got a team that has some communication he falls off hard. One well timed Aegis or beads/aegis (if you get ulted) to make you survive and make loki a easy kill for your team or you can even solo him yourself.

I had a game as Artemis where the enemy Loki kept ulting me. He learned not to mess with an angry redhead after I bought Mantle of Discord and stunned his *** the last time he tried it. I believe we went on to win that game.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 21, 2018 9:13pm | Report
@Bestminion well to start with I'm not exactly playin around in Bronze-Plat. The coin flip goes both ways and I'm not talking about an "I'm gonna be a hero loki and ult into 5 people and die gloriously" kind of player. Which is to be fair roughly 60% of loki players. If the Loki's team has communication you can easily coordinate distractions and relic pops. Also for your artemis example. So you have mantle, I either dont ult or dont use my 1 and kill you anyway with what I have leftover. Is he broken in the sense of a lot of the warriors HiRez has screwed up? (I'm looking at you Achilles as the latest example) Not at all. However when it comes to killing squish there's almost nothing a team can really do to stop him without putting themselves at serious risk from the rest of the enemy team.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 21, 2018 9:34pm | Report
The Artemis example was mine, Estidien, not BME's. And it was an anecdote in regards to BME's mentioning how easy it is to sometimes shut Loki down with the right relics.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 21, 2018 9:40pm | Report
Idk maybe it's just the way I play him. Unless my team is completely horrid I never seem to have trouble utilizing him in teamfights. I will say for sure Loki cant do much when his own team comp has no CC aside from waiting for a teamfight to start to go in.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 21, 2018 10:37pm | Report
@Gulf I'm aware I was just referencing both comments in a single post. Sorry if you felt like I wasn't givin ya credit.

In general lot of people seem to refuse to acknowledge that you can use his ult as an escape off of your stealth kill and you don't always have to use it. Or you can hold your stealth to get out. Like take an arena loki, it's not exactly the BEST easy example of his teamfight but I used it to practice playstyle and it's just gross what he can do with zoning and just cycling through targets mid teamfight like you stealth, have your setup do setup things and then blow 1 or 2 people up and reset. Once you stealth the enemy team is going to be perpetually on guard for you and it's one of those things where you cant pay attention to everything at once.

I also circle back to the argument for build meta. If there is a meta in place specifically to counter hyperburst gods (Like Loki/Da ji etc) then there is something fundamentally wrong IMO. You shouldn't need to dedicate 1/3 - 1/2 of your build to counter an individual god. Items and Relics should not be the dedicated counter/solution to something that across the board really has no active mechanical counter. There's no skill shot dodging as it's point blank and with the stealth mechanic, unless you're rocking mystical mail the only active solution you have is running away (Which only works SOMETIMES because of the nature of the ultimate) or preemptive guesswork CC tosses. Agni with his Noxious Fumes is the only one with an active reaction that can fundamentally work and even it doesn't work for the ult. He Bo has the same "I'm gonna blow you up" single target burst but you can see him coming and take active countermeasures aside from build to deal with him. There's nothing actively mechanical you can do aside from running away that can stop you from taking the rediculous amount of Loki Damage. And the damage is so high with the right build that it practically oneshots without the ultimate when there are no protections. With item building it should (Again IMO) be picking certain items to mitigate damage and make life easier rather than "I have to build this way or I'm going to get unavoidably instanuked"

The kill timer is too fast IMO. For something you cant see coming, it's just too fast. I'd seriously enjoy seeing him get a rekit to play more to the trickster side of things. A kit focusing more on confusion and disorientation than stealth nuking. There is simply too much damage output too quickly and too easily without requiring the ultimate.

That's just me though, everyone has valid arguments so far. All of mine are coming from someone who is playing as the Loki rather than against. As I'm finally getting around to getting him Diamond in my quest to diamond all Assassins.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 22, 2018 1:25am | Report
Estidien wrote:

Idk maybe it's just the way I play him. Unless my team is completely horrid I never seem to have trouble utilizing him in teamfights. I will say for sure Loki cant do much when his own team comp has no CC aside from waiting for a teamfight to start to go in.

Most of my loki games are easy as well (jungle/mid/adc). So I know how you feel, he is actually pretty easy to carry with where your team is useless as well.
But during the last 6 months ish, I can only remember 1 game where I lost to a Loki (where the loki was part of the problem we lost). And that was 100% our own fault for just being unorganized and stupid.

But 99% of ppl underestimate him, but I would not call him broken though. He is an A+ for me.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }