Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Imagine if Marvel did a moba like Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Imagine if Marvel did a moba like Smite 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 9, 2014 3:39pm | Report

Yeah, would be a rip of dc's moba.

More like since DoTA got big imo. League was just a copy of dota, but became its main competitor.

DotA was never that big of a moneymaker. Sure, it had a sizeable fanbase with a very dedicated competitive scene involving big prize pool tournaments, but it was not the cash cow that LoL had become, and that was what really drew all the companies into the MOBA genre recently.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 10, 2014 1:31pm | Report
Would be interesting, but again, DC already did it, and as we can see, it doesn't matter what kind of characters you put in the game, if your game sucks, it just sucks. I played a few rounds, since I'm a huge DC comics fan, and even besides the fact I don't like top-down MOBAs, it just wasn't very good. So unless a Marvel MOBA can actually bring something good to the table than just their characters, I wouldn't be too hyped about it.

That and, completely unrelated to the topic, Infinite Crisis' whole concept is ****. I love the Infinite Crisis comic story arc and again, I love DC comics, but with the game, they have like two million Batman characters, a few Wonder Woman characters, etc. They could have just done one of every hero in their game to focus on so many more characters in the DC universe, but no, they had to make a ton of dumb *** doubles of their popular characters they constantly ***** out.

/unrelated rant.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }