Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods - The best tanks with CC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods - The best tanks with CC 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 26, 2013 6:31am | Report
Hello Everyone,
I would like to ask all of you on ideas which gods suits well for Tank/controller role?

I think that there are some obvious choice as Ymir... But I am looking also for very unexpected choice such as Arachnee

I tried Arachnee yesterday and it was fun when it was played with a team :-) (but it was playable even solo if other understand what you want from them...)

I really enjoy to play arachnee as full tank because I can just pull them to me and stun them, slow them and silence them on another 3 sec... (the amazing is that pull is on 18 sec cooldown which is pretty low)
Basically all skills are CC (spiders slow, web slow, silence, pull with stun)
I am not sure if anyone else can shut down target for 4 sec... (maybe change with elite but its situational)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » November 26, 2013 7:29am | Report
bacchus is up there with his knockup, stun, 8s intoxication and his general extra tankiness from his passive

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 26, 2013 7:41am | Report
sobek athena are the best tank support's right now. after that bacchus and followed by ymir.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 26, 2013 8:02am | Report
Ymir is king if he can get to you that is

Ymir's cc is the gayest I must say if he actually can get ahold of you.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 26, 2013 8:27am | Report
No... that title goes to Chang'e with her potential 5 SECOND STUN with her ult.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 26, 2013 9:01pm | Report
If you just want to know who can stunlock the best, the answer is probably Wukong. You can chain a tiger form into knockup into HoG stun and lock a target down long enough to 100-0 them alone with the right build, or easily kill anyone without beads if you have a number advantage.

As far as good supports, Sobek, Athena, Guan and Bacchus are the ones played at high levels, while Ymir is the easiest to pick up at lower levels. All of them have enough CC to be really problematic throughout a game.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 26, 2013 10:58pm | Report
I found out another very strong god which is normally never considered as a tank :-D

ZEUS :-D You are hitting them back, stack balls when they attack you. If they not attack you you can easily spam 3 balls and stun them and whats the best its one of the first tank who can easily cause lot of damage, crowd control them and get the kills too...

I see how strong it was especially when I fought against other zeus :-) they do nothing to me and thanks to the fact that they want to stack balls on me I let them hit me and care about other targets and then just stun them and destroy them with mine teammates :-D (very funny game)

gem of iso give me other utility which I need...(I need to think if I will leave it or not, I mainly use it with chain lightining and its usable with ulti... but eve detonate helps especially when they have less then 3 balls)

Whats the best on it is that you are really tougher than many tanks and you can deal high amount of damage and even kills and finish people when needed. You have a speed boost, protection boost, slow immunity (which is nearly always up). Even your autoattacks hitting hard if you will consider that you are a tank. And you have hard CC on 6 sec cooldown.

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 26, 2013 11:18pm | Report
and just another info ...
Bacchus is also one of my favorite, thanks to his durability and pretty nice CC. (I would only say that his use is somehow problematic if you dont play in a party)

If I will compare it with arachnee people very often can take advantage of your CC in PUG....
And if you will have an arachnee you will destroy nearly any target much easier and the same count for ZEUS who cant easily pick target as others but thanks to easy distribution of slow and stuns he can be very deadly and can also easily save others live...

Whats probably best is that most of the players tends to target you as primary target which is another advantage if you tank as ZEUS :-D

EDIT: I never think about wu kong .... I really need to try it :-) I love to play builds which are not expected (play a tank as DPS, play a mage or assasin as a Tank etc...). I can already see that .... it can be really interesting

Other gods which I expect to be very strong is Athena and Hercules. I need to try Sobek, everyone advice him but I played him long long time ago (few months). I know that he can be dangerous but he is also very predictable and you can dodge his charge...
I love Guan but for me it seems that he dont have any interesting way to CC enemies... but he is good thats right.

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 27, 2013 1:03am | Report
You can't really dodge a Sobek pull. You can read when it's coming and try to juke in unexpected ways, but if the Sobek is good, he's pulling someone. A nice trick is to walk up to the enemy archers, leaving them between you and your target. The other team's ADC thinks they're safe, then you HoG and instantly charge forward. People will expect it as you get up in levels, but again, if you're in a bad position against a good Sobek, get prepared to fly.

Sobek is more of a lane bully than someone who controls the game through CC. He's an amazing disruptor though.

Honestly though, it sounds like you're not playing against great players if stuff like assassin supports are working. Anything works at lower levels, but you'll get punished hard for it once the people you're facing get better. Tanks like Athena and Sobek are played as tanks for a reason; they do the job better than anyone else. It doesn't matter how many defense items you build, an Arachne isn't going to be able to stand in the middle of an FG fight to get her HoG off.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 27, 2013 1:22am | Report
Phil725: I agree that Sobek is "distracting" because you still need to count with him all the time and it somehow limit your possibilities to charge forward and move normally... You must adapt your play if he is there ...

I am playing 95% of match just in arena and really things like arachnee works really well with great dps on your side ... and even with bad ones ...

You have enough durability to not die and you can shut down target for 4 sec and slow them lot and really no one else can do this. (arachnee have most CC in game from all the characters so she suits well for tank/CC role). (this pull, stun, silence combo is most of the time enough to destroy target even with bad team). If you do this with sobek the problem is that you can pretty easily charge away so its not working on everyone, becuase you still give them "at least low" chance to escape and you need better team who can take advantage of your charge + knockback if possible.

I dont know if I play against bad players ... sometime they are worse and sometime they are better :-D (I play in high lvl bracket, but even there are players who *****)

There is many great options so I need to consider which ones can help a team the most.... and this will require lot of testing ... (but I think that the most clear is what I like ... unusual choices, because people tends to suck against them if they are not used to them :-) (really great players can be different story and you can see that from their actions movements and they predict your actions and know what can happen and its harder to catch them unprepared)

antarian

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }