Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Biggest mistakes people make in Bronze League Play

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Biggest mistakes people make in Bronze League Play 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 11, 2016 6:53pm | Report
I want to start a helpful discussion that players can read to help them climb out of Bronze. I myself was in Bronze V, and have climbed to almost Bronze III in a matter of a day. I am not a pro but I would like to write about some of the most common things I have seen lose games and just mistakes I see a lot over all with less experienced players(I'm guilty as well).

#1 Grouping up

I don't know why something so simple appears to be really complicated in unorganized teams. I have seen many good games be thrown away from one or two players attempting to fight alone against people grouped up. The fastest games I have one is when everyone moves together as a team mid to late game.

#2 Wards
The games I have most commonly lost no one was warding. It really is a team effort to have the whole map warded up.

#3 Bad Attitude
I cannot tell you how many times you get the classic keyboard warrior on the team. If someone is making mistakes, give them advice but don't trash other players. This doesnn't help at all. If people are trashing you, mute them and play your best.

Anyone can add to the list.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » February 11, 2016 10:50pm | Report
How about poor teams composition/not filling all roles?

I placed in gold 2 after qualifiers on season 2 so this wasn't so much of a problem for me, but during my qualifiers there were a good few teams who didn't fill roles accordingly and would end up with say 2 mages playing mid, and no support in duo lane, with 2 people trying to jungle, making it an easy win for the other team.

Considering how much I saw it during qualifiers I'm guessing it's pretty commonplace in bronze matches.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 12, 2016 10:33am | Report
I have run into that as well. Another one is players not having the high tier gods mastered. For example yesterday we had a player that wanted isis mid and the guy at the bottom didn't have her. I think you need 60 mastered gods before considering league. At the moment I have 65 mastered and it was helped a lot.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » February 12, 2016 11:20am | Report
SpenceDawg wrote:

I have run into that as well. Another one is players not having the high tier gods mastered. For example yesterday we had a player that wanted isis mid and the guy at the bottom didn't have her. I think you need 60 mastered gods before considering league. At the moment I have 65 mastered and it was helped a lot.

This ones a bit of a sore point for me. I find that people often get pressured into playing gods that they've mastered, but don't play often, just because they may fit well with the team comp or whatever. Then they end up getting moaned at for playing badly when they were bullied into picking a character they're uncomfortable with anyway.

I think it's more reasonable to expect people to have at least 2-3 gods they are confident with for each role, rather than having a mastery on everyone, as there'll usually always be at least one god they're confident with that fits well with whatever their current team comp is, that way.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 12, 2016 12:56pm | Report
Masteries not for their sake but for others sake for securing gods for other people.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 12, 2016 1:15pm | Report
Just gonna drop this here

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }