Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

'unable to change to requested map'

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » 'unable to change to requested map' 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mrtactician » August 1, 2015 2:59am | Report
This message comes up at least 3 or 4 times a day to me and it's getting really frustrating. In case any one is unfamiliar with it i will briefly explain what it is. You join a game, it's loading with all the player cards and all that jazz when suddenly you're kicked to the home menu with a message in the 'system' box saying 'unable to change to requested map'. This is going to seriously ruin my account at this rate as i get deserter penalties (now on 120 minutes because of it) AND i'm getting bad reports from players.

Anyone got any advice or tips? I'm sure i'm not the only one facing this problem right now.
Any help is appreciated.

Mrtactician

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 1, 2015 8:26am | Report
No idea. I suggest going to HiRez Support for help.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 1, 2015 11:28am | Report
This can be the thing me and someone else has experienced. (I haven't looked at the system chatbox for this message)

For me restarting the game worked (a pretty standard reaction when I get kicked out of a game). But maybe it's something different though I do recommend restarting the game when you get kicked out next time (normally it will reconnect the moment your logged in (and as you log into the launcher the moment the log in screen would normally appear)

hope it helps

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mrtactician » August 2, 2015 8:50am | Report
I've contact support and haven't got an answer yet and restarting occasionally throws me back in the game but i'm at a huge disadvantage as i've missed early game feed so it's costing me games too

Mrtactician

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 2, 2015 11:30am | Report
Mrtactician wrote:

I've contact support and haven't got an answer yet and restarting occasionally throws me back in the game but i'm at a huge disadvantage as i've missed early game feed so it's costing me games too

It's hard playing from behind especially if you are not in duo lane. still you don't egt a deserter because of not reconnecting

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mrtactician » August 2, 2015 12:43pm | Report
Yes but remember i said 'occasionally' it's about a 1/10 chance after completely restarting smite i actually rejoin the game, it usually tries to rejoin and does the exact same error that kicked me out in the first place. I shouldn't have to play catch up because hi rez can't handle smite .-. If i don't get back in the game after wasting 20 minutes restarting smite constantly,, which is basically all the time i get deserter penalty (now on 240 minutes yes 4 f***ing hours) It even randomly fails to join co op games, though much less so for some reason. I've reinstalled, uninstalled altogether, checked for repairs or missing files with the diagnostics, checked for pre requisites and NOTHING is working.

I'm going to give Hi rez a week to reply if not i'm going to just give up with smite until i get a confirmation this is fixed this is basically unplayable for me

Mrtactician

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 2, 2015 10:14pm | Report
Mrtactician wrote:

I've reinstalled, uninstalled altogether

While uninstalling did you remove all of HR other programs too as otherwise reinstalling doesn't work

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mrtactician » August 3, 2015 1:07am | Report
I uninstalled through the diagnostics program and checked for any remnants of smite or hi rez and couldn't find anything, it reinstalled smoothly and it loads up fine like it would usually

Mrtactician

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }