Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lord of Vermillion Arena (Upcoming MOBA)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Lord of Vermillion Arena (Upcoming MOBA) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 24, 2014 1:43pm | Report
For those of you who were unaware, Square-Enix has also jumped into the MOBA scene with their own game, Lord of Vermillion Arena, and it actually looks very promising from what I've seen of the Japanese Alpha gameplay footage at this site. http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1698-lord-of-vermilion-arena-2nd-alpha-test-preview

Warning: Lots of shouting in Japanese in the Gameplay Footage. You've been warned.

My personal thoughts?
-I guess it could best be described as SMITE mixed with Dawngate/HotS, with some Alteil (a card game) thrown in for customization.
-7v7 could open up a lot of possibilities never before seen in the typical MOBA format. Could there be multiple junglers (if there are junglers)? Trilanes? Bum rushing the same lane? I would love to see how the meta develops with that setup.
-Having player-made characters who summon their own minions and pick their own ability/item setups in the lobby for specialization seems like a very interesting approach as opposed to having set-in-stone heroes with fixed kits and building up items in game. In fact, the currency in matches is used for swapping out for or adding higher-cost ones as a means of progression beyond level-ups.
-The match time limit is questionable. Depending on how wins are determined, it could just result in turtlefests after securing an objective or more kills over the enemy team. Though this could very well just be a setting and not a mandatory element of the game...
-I really hope the Level Up! announcements are only temporary for the alpha, cuz they sure get annoying!

I really, really hope to see an English localization of this game, it just looks too unique to stay in Japan like so many good games (where's our Phantasy Star Online 2, SEGA?) But knowing how Square-Enix treats their non-Final Fantasy IPs to the west, it disappoints me to say that it probably won't happen.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 24, 2014 2:31pm | Report
That actually looks pretty cool from the videos. I think the most common approach would be 2 in each lane and 1 jungler but you never know

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 25, 2014 11:42am | Report
Too Japanese/ Anime/ High pitch voice/ whatever for my taste.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 27, 2014 1:22am | Report
That probably wouldn't be the case if it ever got a localization. And if you ask most of the people in the Anime/Manga thread, they'd probably demand it have the option for Japanese vocals due to their hate for dubs.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 27, 2014 4:01am | Report
I wonder when's Disney going to make an MOBA?

Once this is out. Almost all games will be filled with animal eared, half naked women. Unless the clothes give gameplay elements such as stats and powers. It would be like a beach party in every game.

What really bothers me is the art. It looks like every Japanese fantasy game. No change, no difference. (I wont say anything about the people model since its the same 3D art in every ****ing Japanese ****, so there is no point in me complaining about that) But everything else, the modeling of the armors, the texturing, coloring, even the weapon styles... its all a copy and paste for me. And I hate that in almost every Japanese fantasy game.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 27, 2014 4:53am | Report
Of course the designs are shoddy, it's square enix. Play a dragon quest game if you want to know what I mean.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 30, 2014 7:11am | Report
Romanians wrote:

Too Japanese/ Anime/ High pitch voice/ whatever for my taste.

So true...

However, given the look of it, I might try it out someday. Though, it's not something I'm going to get hyped for or anything.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 30, 2014 9:23am | Report
It looks pretty awesome in my opinion, although... I demand the option to play as a loli!

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }