Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

EAgeddon / DawnFire : The Aftermath

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » EAgeddon / DawnFire : The Aftermath 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 6, 2014 8:59pm | Report
I feel like some people got a little confused by my comment about the much requested "DawnFire," so I wanted to clarify some things. Especially since I know a few of you were deeply pissed off by what EA did to Dawngate, and I don't want you to misunderstand what I said and get more pissed off.

1. No, the fact that dawnfire.com was taken is not "the reason" that there is no DawnFire. I only mentioned it because when the game first came on my radar I checked if the domain was available and it being taken rustled my jimmies. That's all there is to that.

2. Relevant to point 1, all I was trying to say is there's a lot of thought and hard decisions that have to be made when deciding whether or not to make a site. It's not that we thought Dawngate was a bad game, there's lots of games we'd like to make sites for, but we simply don't have the resources to make all the sites we want to make.

3. I am not some kind've site-making wizard. Actually, my role is the <Community Manager> as my title says - I am not a developer / CSS / web designer all in one (shocking! I know). So DawnFire not being made wasn't because I was being "lazy."

4. Yes I do actually play / love Dawngate. No I'm not making this up to make you feel better. No I don't play it ALL THE TIME but I play it occasionally and I kept up with Dawngate Chronicles. I even tuned into the dev livestreams from time to time.

My love for it actually started because I follow one of the concept artists, and artists of the Dawngate Chronicles, Nicholas Kole. I've loved his art for a long time and him being on the team piqued my interest. I started to see even more artists I follow join in on the Dawngate team (Kindra Haugen, Tiffany Turrill) and that made me love it even more. It really saddens me to know these artists that I love are now out of work because of EAgeddon.

I started actually playing the game mostly after the introduction of Ronan, because I could not resist a blind gun-slinging Otterkin. My favorite characters to play were Ronan and Fenmore. I didn't actually get a chance to play much before the announcement of the cancellation (since I started playing more frequently after the introduction of Ronan) but I quite enjoyed the time I did spend playing and have been following the game's development for a long time.

5. Relevant to point 4, I found the EA killing Dawngate while Waystone screamed "NOOOO!" on Reddit, since I am subscribed to r/Dawngate and check it regularly. I did not realize that linking an image was off-limits once someone put it in their signature, and did not even know it was in their signature before they responded to me calling me a "copycat."

And that's about all I have to say about that. I took the time to type this mostly for those who loved Dawngate and were disappointed there was no Dawnfire (though after EAgeddon I'm pretty happy Dawnfire is not a thing, otherwise I'd have to cry with 2 sad communities).

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed about some of the assumptions made about my character, although I know it was just a couple of people that said these things and they were probably just really upset at the time. Let's try to not assume the worst about people, ok?

Anyways, if you wish to lament Dawngate in this thread, I will lament with you. Otherwise, good day and let's hope no other games we love suddenly get the axe out of nowhere.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }