Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Boarderlands: is it worth playing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Boarderlands: is it worth playing? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 7, 2014 7:05pm | Report
I'm thinking of getting a new game to play. So Boarderlands came to mind. And I mean the latest one.

Anyone who played it, is it "fun"? Can it entertain me for days or just hours? Need help deciding.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 7, 2014 7:53pm | Report
Borderlands 2 or the Pre-sequel that's coming out soon?

I can for sure tell you that Borderlands 2 is well worth playing with friends. By yourself, yeah, it's fun, but you'll have a lot more fun playing it with friends. When I first got it, I played it by myself and got to like level 19 before I went on to do other things. When I started playing with friends a year later, I hit 50 on a new character with them pretty quick. I'd still say it's worth picking it up, even if you plan on playing it by yourself because the gameplay is great, the story is fun, and the characters are funny as hell. It's just an all-around fun game.

As for the Pre-sequel, since it's not out, I obviously haven't played it yet, but I've seen some play it, and it also looks well worth playing just due to the fact that it seems to have kept what makes the Borderlands series so great.

Either way, I could definitely recommend any Borderlands game.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » October 8, 2014 2:26am | Report
Yeah agreed with him ^.
I played it mostly alone, but it's most fun with fwends.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » October 8, 2014 3:58am | Report
The Borderlands game series is by far my favourite series of all time. Although I haven't completely clocked the second game (My highest character is level 55) I have reached max level on multiple characters in the first game, and loved every minute of it. The depth of story line, quirkiness of it and the amazing Shoot'n'Loot style is what really attracts me to it.

If you want a fun cheap game, I would advise the second game as it is really cheap in steam, and even cheaper during sales, but the new game (The Pre-Sequel) looks very promising from gameplay, reveals and the new area of gameplay that they are exploring. Saying this, the Pre Sequel will be significantly more costly but pre-ordering (I have already) will give some pretty useful bonuses, and make you excited/happy.

Oh, and yes, it is definitely worth playing.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » October 8, 2014 8:08am | Report
I am sorta newbie in borderlands (level 20 or something) but i can say that is is AWESOME :D . I really love the story and characters. I mostly play alone but once or twice i played with my friends and it was so much fun. We did some crazy stuff, rode around the map , in a few words we had some fun ;)

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » October 8, 2014 11:42am | Report
I'd buy it during a sale though. Then it's like 10 bucks for the GOTY edition.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » October 17, 2014 4:15am | Report
I loved the original Borderlands and played it a ****load.
Then I got hyped for Borderlands 2 and was disappointed mainly by the story and characters.

I feel like Borderlands was the **** and Borderlands 2 was ****.
That's extremely harsh, but I just feel like Borderlands 1 is a better game, maybe it's just cause I'm nostalgic.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }