Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Weekly NA tournament recap.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Weekly NA tournament recap. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Retributi0n » July 13, 2013 2:44pm | Report

Keep in mind everyone, the recap only covers matches that were streamed. I have contacted HiRez Duke to have the match ID's sent to me, so that anyone who wants to can watch the replays.

This weeks NA tournament started off with a bang. Two powerhouses, Reason Gaming and Team Dignitas were pitted against each other. Reason Gaming came in strong and looking to surprise everyone by taking an early 4-0 lead, but they couldn't transition that advantage into mid game. Team Dignitas stayed true to their game and clawed their way back from their earlier misfortunes, once they did, there was no looking back. Team Dignitas used some unique tactics, one in particular in which they split Reason into 2 groups and didn't allow them to fight as a team. Team Dignitas had every team fight in the bag after this point, causing Reason to surrender and give the first round to Team Dignitas.

The second round was a bit surprising as well. A Denial NA team that was missing their Captain Paindeviande, as well as an integral part of their wins in the previous week, Mattypocket. The gaps that these talented players left showed, as Denial NA couldn't get anything going against SNIPE. The players of SNIPE Gaming were precise and on point, dominating in every aspect of the match.

This week was full of surprises. We all know Team Dignitas is extremely strong, but we also know MyoElectric is strong as well. So the domination we saw from Team Dignitas was a sight to see. MyoElectric had no answer for the dangerous roaming of Dignitas, who also used some of the tactics that we saw in their first match, splitting the enemy team up and not allowing them to fight as a team. MyoElectric couldn't get anything going with how agressive their opponents were being, Dignitas snowballed too much with how many times they had successful ganks, leading to them winning all of the team fights as well. Dignitas moved on to the Grand Finals with this win.

In the last match of the Semi finals, we see the ever present SNIPE Gaming, going against a lesser known team in Serious Gamers. Snipe clearly achieved the better composition during picks and bans, which led to a dominating performance. Snipe must have stopped at the Fishing shop before the match, because they were baiting SG the entire match (I know, corny right). Shing was in the Jungle role for Snipe and he shined, with numerous successful ganks that put SG at a disadvantage, MLCStealth as Poseidon mid appreciated the help from Thor, who fed him in the process. Snipe took the match in dominating fashion to move on to the Grand Finals to face off against Team Dignitas.

Match one of a best of three started out in amazing fashion. SNIPE Gaming decided that they wanted to invade, sadly it turned in Dignitas favor, with them getting three for their one in kills. Dignitas slowly gained a lead in the early game and made sure to clear not just their buffs, but some of the enemy buffs as well, allowing them to better keep their lead. SNIPE opted for the double jungle strategy, using Blink Ymir and Fenrir as their jungles. SNIPE's strat worked, but not well enough. Dignitas had too much of an advantage Snipe couldn't overcome it, which lead to a surrender by Snipe.

Match 2 of three was the complete opposite of the first. SNIPE seemed to have learned from their mistakes from the first match, because they came in confident and dominant. The roles were reversed and Dignitas gave an early surrender to move on to the third round. This round was nothing like the others, both teams came out swinging. Early game saw both teams being aggressive and securing kills, but it was the mid game that decided the match. While both teams were getting kills, Team Dignitas secured more of them, building Neith and Poseidon to scary proportions. Zapmans late game proved to be the deciding factor, putting out a ton of damage and securing the final team fight and final push for his team. Congratulations to Team Dignitas for once again winning the weekly NA tournament.

This is my first recap and post in general for SmiteFire. My process and style will become more refined as time goes on, I hope you enjoy. I will always accept feedback on things you like and don't like about my writing, trust me I can handle it. As always, thank you for reading. Be sure to come back to Smitefire for all of your Smite needs, and check out Mobafire.com for all of your League of Legends needs. For more from me, I stream @ twitch.tv/gamerzden most nights. Thanks again. See you next week.

Retributi0n
<eSports Writer>

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » July 13, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Great read :) Love it!

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AnatoLiy » July 14, 2013 3:33pm | Report
Interesting read.

As an eSports writer of past for Warcraft III:TFT 1v1's, SC2:WoL 1v1's and Smite for ROOT Gaming's website, I feel like you could have went into a little more detail on some aspects (such as specific strategies deployed with picks, Vamana zoning out our Zues game 2 because of our lack of tank protection). Also game 2 wasn't exactly an early surrender as we conceded at the 30 minute mark when it was 5v2 (I think it was 5v2 at least) after they pushed one of our phoenixes with fg buff.

AnatoLiy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Retributi0n » July 14, 2013 5:42pm | Report
I will keep that in mind for next week Anatoliy. I appreciate the feedback. I am going about it more as a quick rundown of things for those who weren't able to watch it. I didn't have time to watch a match or 2 due to school, but I went through the VOD. Still it can definitely always get better and I will aim to make it better. Thanks again.

Retributi0n
<eSports Writer>

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }