Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with Poseidon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help with Poseidon 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hill16 » August 10, 2013 7:15pm | Report
Okay so I'm really getting good with Poseidon, like i get alot of kills but same with deaths. I use Meditation, Warlock Sash, Shoes of Magi, Gem of Isolation, Void Stone, Rod of Tahuti, and Chronos Pendent. In that order. I'm doing good with it but it doesnt fill my magic all the way. What should i change/do? Thanks

Hill16

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 12, 2013 9:10pm | Report
Sounds like you have a survivability issue. Who is killing you?

If the enemy team has a loki, fenrir, thor or any other stupid OP AD god with idiotic mobility I tend to get some physical armor. Just something so I don't get instagibbed. Most of those gods can't survive a counter attack so if they fail to drop you... that might be an idea.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 13, 2013 3:16am | Report
Poseidon is a very squishy god, and a lot of people don't realize that, because he has so much to escape. It's very, VERY tempting to run straight up to someone to auto attack/land his tidal surge. Sure, you'll land a hit, but, that's not what you do. You use the wave to poke people down, use the auto attacks to build up the surge meter, then land a quick Whirlpool-Kraken combo in the middle. If you get close, you WILL die.

If they have someone like Tyr or Fenrir, use your whirlpool defensively - it has a cripple effect, meaning you can't use jumps like Fearless or Brutalize, and keep your tidal surge defensively to knock people like Loki away enough to get back to a turret. All in all, just stay on the backlines, and let your Carries do the close range poking, if necessary. Be a sniper. Watch your spells unfold from a distance.

I'm sorry if all this is exceptionally redundant, it's just you were very vague about why you had a lot of deaths, so I'm going off common Poseidon knowledge. As for the Magical meter not being filled completely, don't worry about it. It's because you have so much health and Magic Protection from Gem of Isolation, Warlock's Sash, and Void Stone.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 14, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Also remember that once you get GoI you can perma slow people. Your basic attacks proc GoI if you use your "two"... I think its the two. Anyway, once poseidon has a GoI he's a totally different god. Very hard to get away from.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }