Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Noob wants to learn

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Noob wants to learn 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pyroflo » April 23, 2014 2:13pm | Report
I guess I'm a noob in this game, and I really want to change this.
I haven't played this game for a whole lot of time, but playing alone is kinda boring, and playing with other people results in them being mad at me for "being a noob" and "feeding", which I do not intentional...I...just don't really know what I'm doing, what I'm supposed to do, and what Items to choose. I usually look up guides, but I really don't know if that's good.

So yeah, long story short...I need someone who can help me with this game, because I think it's a lot of fun!

(And yeah, that guy you think is a noob wants to learn, too...he isn't doing this to make you mad ._.)

Pyroflo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 24, 2014 10:33am | Report
What gods do you find interesting, and what game mode do you want to play (Arena or Conquest)?

If you are new to MOBAs I totally get it being overwhelming, good that you want to learn and do not take ppls rage serious (it sucks I know, try to mute ppl as fast as they start to rage).

Do not be afraid to ask me anything ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by bosco » April 24, 2014 11:12pm | Report
I am new as well and I really can relate. I am semi new to the genera as well. Do not get discouraged. Here is what I have learned that has help as being a TOTAL NOOB.

1. Be patient- The first part of the game is more about killing the minions then it is to kill the enemy. Do not get me wrong if you can please by all means do so. But it is more important to stay alive and LVL up then it is to get the kill. But major team fights more or less come later in the game.

2. Watch the mini map- By checking the mini-map often it will help you see what is going on on the rest of the map. You can see a gank coming and it will help you get a better GAME/MAP awareness. Ii will in time help you learn how the game flows, IE when to push and when to fall back etc etc.

3. It is a game about momentum- There is a lot of pushing and pulling back in this game. Know when the tides have changed and react to it.

4. Know when to run- This brings in parts 1,2,3 staying alive is almost as important as getting a kill sometimes.

5. Do not chase your enemy- I know he only has a few HP left and if I can just get one more hit I can,,,,,,, stop right there and pull back and apply rules. 1,2,3,4

I know all of this sounds really basic but I can assure you that with practice just these few things will help you get more kill and more wins.

Watch some videos on how the game is played. Learn the terminology

As far as builds just start off will the default builds and learn what and how all the items and their stats work. Then read the guides and builds here and learn how those builds effect your god and use them. In time you will start to understand what all of it means and how it all adds up. But that is beyond my skill lvl.

From one noob to another I hope this helps. And I hope I am not totally wrong as I am a noob too.

bosco

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }