Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need a mentor! Please help!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need a mentor! Please help! 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anarchyred » March 17, 2014 8:57am | Report
Hi smitefire peeps! I'm new to smitefire and I just started playing recently since the agni upgrade patch, currently at lv 18. But the thing is, I still suck. I main Poseidon and even though I am at mastery lv 3 for him, I still have negative K/D/A, and I also keep losing my lane as well. I don't mind learning a new god, as a matter fact, I am most willing to learn a new god if you guys suggest me to. So yeah. I am really in need of help, and I also got reported a few times before for being a "noob" in game, and I feel very discouraged by that. I really want to get better at smite and I don't want to be called a noob anymore. I think that the best way for me to learn is by having someone to monitor me rather than reading forums, and speaking of mentoring, since I am currently living in Asia, Hong Kong, I really hope that someone would be willing to play/mentor with me that can match up with my timezone. Much help appreciated!

My IGN is same as my username here!
Thanks guys!

anarchyred

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 17, 2014 9:18am | Report
Add me..i enjoy interacting with new guys..But m out of game for the upcoming 2 days. Shall be playing from 19th and onwards, can't play before that.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 17, 2014 9:58am | Report
anarchyred wrote:
and I also got reported a few times before for being a "noob" in game, and I feel very discouraged by that.

******* do I hate online gaming nowadays. No matter what online game I play, there's just so many idiots or egos there, it's incredibly frustrating. Just don't let it get to you and props for posting here looking for help instead of just quitting, it shows that you really do want to learn.

Some good advice would be to watch top players play or use your character. I recommend SmiteGame Twitch channel, it's a 24hr channel with some awesome people that will help you by watching. Usually if you have a question, just asking in the stream chat will get you an answer, either by the streamer, or by the people in the chat. Tiermonster.com is a good site for builds if you need help with that.

Poseidon is a tough character to start with, honestly. But I always believe that you'll learn faster with a character you enjoy. Actually, I also recommend a series named... never mind, I'll just link it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Jad9mvuLo That should help with Poseidon, and also learning in general. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anarchyred » March 17, 2014 10:59am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Add me..i enjoy interacting with new guys..But m out of game for the upcoming 2 days. Shall be playing from 19th and onwards, can't play before that.

Thank you for your reply arka222, I added you already :P I'm looking forward to play together with you! Hopefully we'll have loads of fun.

@WatchfulShadow - Thank you for your advice! To be honest, my favorite god in smite is Nemesis, but it's just that I don't know how to use her well, and according to the game, she's hard to use. Are you sure poseidon is a tough character? I mean, he shouldn't be harder to use than Hel or something, right? I use mages more, so which mage do you think fits me well?

anarchyred

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 17, 2014 12:16pm | Report
I would love to help out:
Add me and then msg me because I have too many people in my friends list I don't remember half of them ._.. I started using Nem and I can teach you fairly well and refer you to a guide if you want.

The first god I played was Ra if you would like to try him out.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anarchyred » March 17, 2014 4:31pm | Report
Thanks Greenevers! So when are you usually free? As for Ra, he was the first god I played as well, but I wouldn't really want to use him since I don't know... meh. I added you already :)

anarchyred

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 18, 2014 5:53am | Report
My best tip for you is to watch streams on twitch etc when you have time for it (Smitepro is best for learning IMO). And use the mute button a lot to deal with BM so that you do not get discouraged from playing.

Other than that play with ppl that are nice and actually give you advice on how to play instead of just raging at you :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }