Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How2mid pls

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » How2mid pls 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phailet » September 18, 2014 6:14am | Report
About to hit level 30 now, hoping to get into league conquest eventually, once I master enough gods and such. I'm not going to jump into league right away with only 16 masteries of course, so I'll probably wait till I've gathered a little more/get a little more used to different gods but that's not the point atm.

Basically, I'm really hyped up to play lots of mid, (and yes, I'm perfectly fine with filling other roles too) so does anyone have mid lane tips for someone with 0 knowledge of league?

Phailet

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 18, 2014 10:15am | Report
Yaaas just the one for you. I honestly don't play a lot of league conq but I plan on it later. As of now, I mainly play casual arena, casual conq, and ranked joust.

So notice who are the top mid picks. Think of good counters t the enemy mid laner or to your team.

My favorite picks for mid are: Agni, Kukulkan, ra, Scylla, and Janus. Imo, Janis and agni are the best mid laners as of now if you can play with them and it fits in your team comp.

Your start matters. If you're going safe grab a Vampiric Shroud and Boots. If you're stacking a lot, rush the item with vamp. You'll most likely want to start at the right mid camps with the help of your solo laner or adc. Then go to lane and start farming up, trying to harass if you have the waveclear advantage. Always exploit weaknesses your enemy has. It is essential that you ward due to the jungle being able to gank mid so easily. When you go b, grab two wards and grab two wards every other time you go to base. Ward mid camps, entrances to your lane, or offensive wards.

You'll want go rotate too once you've farmed, killed an enemy mid laner, mid lane is missing, or your teammate needs help. You roam the most after the jungle and sometimes support.rotate to appropriate lanes which the knowledge will come to you through practice.

Team fights you need to be able to apply the most player damage you can to everyone. And since you can't split push as well as the arc or jungler can, you should try to be with teammates most times lategame to be able to get some damage out of your abilities more effectively.

Sorry for typos and unclear organization/ideas I typed this on my phone I'll fix it up when I get home.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AlexiTheSexy » September 30, 2014 1:45am | Report
Although this is a lateish reply... the aim of a mid laner is basically to die as little as possible and farm up while trying to help his team as much as possible; you are there for the AOE distance damage. 'Dying as little as possible' does not mean leaving your teammates to die and not helping them, it means help without getting out of position and suiciding.

AlexiTheSexy

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }